Recent Topics

Ads

Mid Tier Social Denail

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Dobzse

Mid Tier Social Denail

Post#1 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:55 am

During the RoR rework there has been a change to recieve no XP if there is a certain lvl gap between the players.
As Tier2 and Tier 3 has been merged into 1 single tier it is very common that people wishes to play together from lvl 16 to lvl 39.
While your group is waiting for an SC pop your party would like to grind some XP doing PQs or other activites. If you have a low level character in the party he cannot join the fun the social experience but you can very much stand in the capital or go alone.. This makes no sense. If you can get xp and renown inside the Scenario and the rvr lakes you should be able to do in the pve PQ areas. It is killing the game for anyone trying to lvl up as a new player. Countless time we had to ask the low level new player to move away from the area where the rest of the team would get xp.

It is a big part of the game to get from level 16 to 40, it is the most anti social MMO change I have yet seen in any game.
Please consider changing this, if you have to grind xp alone in an MMO there is something not right.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Ads
shoelessHN

Re: Mid Tier Social Denail

Post#2 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:54 pm

Dobzse wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:55 am During the RoR rework there has been a change to recieve no XP if there is a certain lvl gap between the players.
As Tier2 and Tier 3 has been merged into 1 single tier it is very common that people wishes to play together from lvl 16 to lvl 39.
While your group is waiting for an SC pop your party would like to grind some XP doing PQs or other activites. If you have a low level character in the party he cannot join the fun the social experience but you can very much stand in the capital or go alone.. This makes no sense. If you can get xp and renown inside the Scenario and the rvr lakes you should be able to do in the pve PQ areas. It is killing the game for anyone trying to lvl up as a new player. Countless time we had to ask the low level new player to move away from the area where the rest of the team would get xp.

It is a big part of the game to get from level 16 to 40, it is the most anti social MMO change I have yet seen in any game.
Please consider changing this, if you have to grind xp alone in an MMO there is something not right.
Grinding pve xp is not the point of the game. In fact it's detrimental to your characters progress.

With PQs, higher level players helping people grind some tokens/gold bags isn't "anti social" just because the lower level players only get gear and no XP.

Dobzse

Post#3 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:45 am

shoelessHN wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:54 pm Grinding pve xp is not the point of the game. In fact it's detrimental to your characters progress.

With PQs, higher level players helping people grind some tokens/gold bags isn't "anti social" just because the lower level players only get gear and no XP.
So if grind xp is not the main point of the game then why does it hurt that people lvl together between lvl 16 and 39 ?
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer

trh382

Post#4 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:53 am

I think this is a good suggestion

Implementation might be a bit tricky without unintended consequences - but group pve is an intended part of the game and could be supported more.

Leveling quickly and having your RR lag behind does not hurt your character. You get RR very quickly at 40 if you are behind. There will be a painful catch up period, but it is usually quite brief.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#5 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:09 am

I don't think it is the lack of renown ranks that will be painful. It would be the lack of knowledge of the class. Also the most fun I have on this server is in lower levels you would miss out on the highs and lows of leveling a new toon, learning how your class plays with and against other classes and the feel of the class itself.

Just my opinion
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Fey

Post#6 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:33 am

This game is a bit unusual as to the, "grind." Leveling up is absurdly fast compared to really any other MMO that I can think of. Scenarios dole out scads of experience, scads I say. Particularly the weekend event scenarios are chock full of XP to the point of granting too much compared to renown.

What you really want are purple numbers and gear. That said I do agree that lowbies in a group should not nerf the XP of higher level toons. If a vastly lower level character joins a group, then that player should not gain XP. (Honestly I have no problem with power leveling, but I get it) They should still get all the renown, gear, and influence as normal.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

shoelessHN

Post#7 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:52 am

trh382 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:53 am I think this is a good suggestion

Implementation might be a bit tricky without unintended consequences - but group pve is an intended part of the game and could be supported more.

Leveling quickly and having your RR lag behind does not hurt your character. You get RR very quickly at 40 if you are behind. There will be a painful catch up period, but it is usually quite brief.
You must be new. It absolutely gimps your char to race to 40. Having a gear gimped character with no tokens at level 40 is an easy way to get someone to quit.

trh382

Post#8 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:30 pm

Hey Shoeless, I am a bit new

However, I disagree with the common advice that you "cannot play with low RR at 40"

Because you gain renown much faster at 40, I think it is more efficient to just push to 40 by doing whatever is active when you are on

I also think its more fun for new players to just lean into whatever part of the game they are enjoying and not worry about min maxing while leveling

Ads
shoelessHN

Post#9 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:07 pm

trh382 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:30 pm Hey Shoeless, I am a bit new

However, I disagree with the common advice that you "cannot play with low RR at 40"

Because you gain renown much faster at 40, I think it is more efficient to just push to 40 by doing whatever is active when you are on

I also think its more fun for new players to just lean into whatever part of the game they are enjoying and not worry about min maxing while leveling
Racing to 40 is min maxing your level above your rr. Your character at 40 in ruin is functionally useless outside of a sword and shield tank, and that's the best armor you can hope for if youre rr25.

There are exceptions for players that could pull it off but 99% are going to be net negatives on every sc or warband they're in due to their gimped character.

Dobzse

Post#10 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:13 am

shoelessHN wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:07 pm Racing to 40 is min maxing your level above your rr. Your character at 40 in ruin is functionally useless outside of a sword and shield tank, and that's the best armor you can hope for if youre rr25.

There are exceptions for players that could pull it off but 99% are going to be net negatives on every sc or warband they're in due to their gimped character.
Nobody is talking here about Racing to 40. Just the simple fact that if you choose to play along with anyone in a tier 2 you need to be within the lvl gap or you wont get xp. Maybe you should get reduced XP but not zero. In practice it is disheartening for new players. When you wish to join a group in WHO you are already being "filtered" based on tank,dps,healer.. i think the game don't need further filters to fit in a group to get xp in mid tier. It is possibly driving away any new player.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer