Recent Topics

Ads

Buff Slayer's support DPS spells

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Dackjanielz

Re: Buff Slayer's support DPS spells

Post#11 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:54 pm

Personally i think 2h needs buffing up, if it were up to me i would of kept old rampage and made it single target only and moved it into Giantslayers tree, but seeing as that hasn't happened....

quite frankly id be happy to see rampage deleted n thrown in the bin and replaced with something else entirely, its not healthy to have a class and/or faction all leaning on ONE ability to be competitive.

Id like to see something that actually rewards "Trollslayer" players.
Something which is survival / defensive based, because to my knowledge that's the point of that mastery tree.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#12 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:35 am

Dackjanielz wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:54 pm Personally i think 2h needs buffing up, if it were up to me i would of kept old rampage and made it single target only and moved it into Giantslayers tree, but seeing as that hasn't happened....

quite frankly id be happy to see rampage deleted n thrown in the bin and replaced with something else entirely, its not healthy to have a class and/or faction all leaning on ONE ability to be competitive.

Something which is survival / defensive based, because to my knowledge that's the point of that mastery tree.
There's no defensive mastery tre for slayer/choppa. First tree is utility, second tree is ST damage and third tree is aoe damage.

Rampage is fine as it is. At most it could use a buff in the strikethrough from 20% to 30%.

I agree that 2h mastery tree needs a buff. Atm there is no point in taking a 2h slayer when you can choose a WL, WH... Or even an AoE slayer considering the ST potential of ID
Zputadenti

akisnaakkeli

Post#13 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:15 am

Ysaran wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:35 am
Dackjanielz wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:54 pm Personally i think 2h needs buffing up, if it were up to me i would of kept old rampage and made it single target only and moved it into Giantslayers tree, but seeing as that hasn't happened....

There's no defensive mastery tre for slayer/choppa. First tree is utility, second tree is ST damage and third tree is aoe damage.

Rampage is fine as it is. At most it could use a buff in the strikethrough from 20% to 30%.

I agree that 2h mastery tree needs a buff. Atm there is no point in taking a 2h slayer when you can choose a WL, WH... Or even an AoE slayer considering the ST potential of ID
RoR.builders - Slayer Slayer single target and aoe build is the same, that is huge advantage and that is just my version of the single target and or solo spec.

2h Slayer and choppa do need buff. Imo tactic that is now violent impacts that used to give 3xstacks of rage should be built in the class itself, when they have 2hander they get this 3x stack automatically. And bring back the ROR version of Violent impacts so dual wield build can spec to it as well. I think it was close to " every 4 sec you get 1stack of rage up to 3 " So if you use 2h this would be automatic but if you slot this tactic it would be "every 3 sec and stacks up to 4"

So it would be a bit faster and with 4 stacks if you use the tactic with 2h. And when you use 2 finishers in a row, you would get 3s timer that autoattack and ALL skills would have the benefit of 50-75% dmg of the mechanic but during those 3 sec you will be debuffed by mechanic for 75% instead of 50%.

Something like this makes sense to me

ravezaar

Post#14 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:16 am

Slayer clearly needs a buff it lost alot of potential dmg after the huge nerfs. And it still lacks the utility and CC that Choppa has, Choppa on the other hand got stronger with more dmg output last patch and is now without question the dominate Mdps in the game.

This is also clearly reflected in both Des domination in RvR past month(s) and the far less Slayers in Order WB where WL and BW is now the preferred dps and even asked for in specifik situations.

What solution is ? yea hard to say, maybe give Slayer something new while same time tune down Choppa. Des players gonna respond but tbh we who play Order see it and Des do aswell even if they dont admit it
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

bw10

Post#15 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:33 am

ravezaar wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:16 am Slayer clearly needs a buff it lost alot of potential dmg after the huge nerfs. And it still lacks the utility and CC that Choppa has, Choppa on the other hand got stronger with more dmg output last patch and is now without question the dominate Mdps in the game.
slayer has better utility with group ap reduction and cd increase, 75% outgoing heal debuff m3
ravezaar wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:16 am This is also clearly reflected in both Des domination in RvR past month(s) and the far less Slayers in Order WB where WL and BW is now the preferred dps and even asked for in specifik situations.
i played almost every day and order dominates a lot. even last night they camped wc in elf for hours
ravezaar wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:16 am What solution is ? yea hard to say, maybe give Slayer something new while same time tune down Choppa. Des players gonna respond but tbh we who play Order see it and Des do aswell even if they dont admit it
grass always greener on the other side lol. inevitable doom is propably best skill in the entire game.

what63

Post#16 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:27 am

The problem isn't slayer. The problem is WL. WLs have ended up with an absolutely obscene amount of strikethrough as a combination of a ludicrous patch giving 2h weapons 10% parry strikethrough and the recent avoidance patch. Sounds small, but given the multitude of direct buffs to their AoE spec over the years, the DPS buff from this combined with the inherent mobility of the class makes it an abomination. Procs come on top, but strikethrough even boosts these as a hit missed is a potential proc missed.

Slayer was already bumped from a shatter limbs support slot ages ago, personal opinion is that as long as SL has a couple spots in any warband, they're fine. That's not to say Choppa doesn't need to be brought down, but powercreep and all that.

Speedyluck

Post#17 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:39 am

what63 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:27 am The problem isn't slayer. The problem is WL. WLs have ended up with an absolutely obscene amount of strikethrough as a combination of a ludicrous patch giving 2h weapons 10% parry strikethrough and the recent avoidance patch. Sounds small, but given the multitude of direct buffs to their AoE spec over the years, the DPS buff from this combined with the inherent mobility of the class makes it an abomination. Procs come on top, but strikethrough even boosts these as a hit missed is a potential proc missed.

Slayer was already bumped from a shatter limbs support slot ages ago, personal opinion is that as long as SL has a couple spots in any warband, they're fine. That's not to say Choppa doesn't need to be brought down, but powercreep and all that.
exactly this, its WL taking slayer spot as best dps of order.

akisnaakkeli

Post#18 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:32 pm

Speedyluck wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:39 am
what63 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:27 am The problem isn't slayer. The problem is WL. WLs have ended up with an absolutely obscene amount of strikethrough as a combination of a ludicrous patch giving 2h weapons 10% parry strikethrough and the recent avoidance patch. Sounds small, but given the multitude of direct buffs to their AoE spec over the years, the DPS buff from this combined with the inherent mobility of the class makes it an abomination. Procs come on top, but strikethrough even boosts these as a hit missed is a potential proc missed.

exactly this, its WL taking slayer spot as best dps of order.
The 10% Parry strikethrough for all 2h is too much. Ìt belonged to WP only because obvious melee healer reasons. Make it 5% armour pene instead of 10% parry strikethru. Atm WL gets 20% Parry strikethrough with 2hander + 1 tactic. SM can get this to 30 strikethru. I dont think WS giving Parry is the best idea either and Iniative needs to be STRONGER than -crit reduction from renown. Add + Crit chance to iniative or less crit dmg taken, so the stat wont feel like basically non existant. 120 iniative debuff should net alot more crit if target has like 240 iniative or even 340 espesially then!

Ads
Bozzax

Post#19 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:40 pm

The class in ranked tournament that had the highest average damage obviously needs a damage buff.

I vote yes

Ps. I mostly play order these days
Last edited by Bozzax on Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Garamore

Post#20 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:40 pm

ravezaar wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:16 am Slayer clearly needs a buff it lost alot of potential dmg after the huge nerfs. And it still lacks the utility and CC that Choppa has, Choppa on the other hand got stronger with more dmg output last patch and is now without question the dominate Mdps in the game.

This is also clearly reflected in both Des domination in RvR past month(s) and the far less Slayers in Order WB where WL and BW is now the preferred dps and even asked for in specifik situations.

What solution is ? yea hard to say, maybe give Slayer something new while same time tune down Choppa. Des players gonna respond but tbh we who play Order see it and Des do aswell even if they dont admit it
Destro domination comes not from choppa buff but from it not being 6 order v 1 destro wb in primetime
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore