Recent Topics

Ads

Chop Fasta Rework suggestion.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
rady

Re: Chop Fasta Rework suggestion.

Post#11 » Thu May 09, 2024 6:27 am

Is chop fasta nice ability? I agree it is. But is it worth 14pt investment? Is it worthy replacement of You wot? I strongly disagree.

I would rather see three hit combo moved to 13 pt, down ya go moved to brawler tree at 9pt and chop fasta moved to 9 pt boss tree with removed 2h requirement... But that might screw snb builds...
Ris - 85rr BO
Risx - 83rr SH

Ads
Ysaran

Post#12 » Thu May 09, 2024 6:44 am

rady wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:27 am Is chop fasta nice ability? I agree it is. But is it worth 14pt investment? Is it worthy replacement of You wot? I strongly disagree.

I would rather see three hit combo moved to 13 pt, down ya go moved to brawler tree at 9pt and chop fasta moved to 9 pt boss tree with removed 2h requirement... But that might screw snb builds...
What about moving THC at 13pt brawling, CF at 9pt brawling, leaving KD where it is now (so no screwing up SnB builds) moving Arm Breaka core and giving BO a nice defensive ability at 5pt brawling?
Zputadenti

rady

Post#13 » Thu May 09, 2024 7:14 am

Still screws up builds if you want three hit combo, chop fasta, new def skill, tactic from mid tree and down ya go. Guess we can't have what we had.
Truth be told I don't think devs look into those suggestions and nothing will change now.
Ris - 85rr BO
Risx - 83rr SH

Ysaran

Post#14 » Thu May 09, 2024 7:28 am

rady wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:14 am Still screws up builds if you want three hit combo, chop fasta, new def skill, tactic from mid tree and down ya go. Guess we can't have what we had.
Truth be told I don't think devs look into those suggestions and nothing will change now.
Well, its not like you could have the middle tree tactic even before the change, so that's not a loss. You could just take the new def skill and call it a day, no?
Zputadenti

rady

Post#15 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:21 am

Ysaran wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:28 am
rady wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:14 am Still screws up builds if you want three hit combo, chop fasta, new def skill, tactic from mid tree and down ya go. Guess we can't have what we had.
Well, its not like you could have the middle tree tactic even before the change, so that's not a loss. You could just take the new def skill and call it a day, no?
Then what's the point of that tactic?:) It was introduced as a compensation for You Wot.
I doubt that any new skill will be as strong at 5 pts but I would expect for it with combination with tactic to be as good as You Wot.
If not then like I wrote at the beginning - what's the point of that tactic?
Ris - 85rr BO
Risx - 83rr SH

Ysaran

Post#16 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:29 am

rady wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:21 am
Ysaran wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:28 am
Then what's the point of that tactic?:) It was introduced as a compensation for You Wot.
I doubt that any new skill will be as strong at 5 pts but I would expect for it with combination with tactic to be as good as You Wot.
If not then like I wrote at the beginning - what's the point of that tactic?
There are a lot of good abilities at 5pt (see Rampage, Ancestor's Fury, Oathbound, Shrug It Off, Chosen's AP aura, and so on..) so I see no reason why a 5pt ability should be bad. They intruduced the tactic as compensation for You Wot, but it clear that the idea was poorly thought. I think that there is no point in the new tactic. Expecting something as good as You Wot maybe is too much, but nice defensive skill at 5pt brawling would make a huge difference compared to now.
Zputadenti

Pahakukka

Post#17 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:30 am

When IB lost its GnM it got blood of grimnir, which is both AA speed and AA dmg, now if BO wants both of those it has to get Waaaaagh and chop fasta, both up 13pts.

I dont think the auto crit makes up the overall loss, and also now i feel that good plan is extremely crowded. (kd,chopfasta,big swing,snare, and jiblies) which 2 of u have to keep up for every 10s depending the matchup jiblies and bigswing need to be kept up too. with 2 plan changes and thc being main dmg skill (5s) it leaves very little room for anything else than keeping snare and ch up. I tried to roam with both Waaaaagh and CH but i find it pretty impossible to keep them on well enough.

dunno if im making myself clear here, but i hope you get my meaning
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

rady

Post#18 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:36 am

That's another fair point. With You Wot you could go to gud plan and use change da plan to go to best plan without hitting enemy. Then you could use kd for mdps to do their job...
That's another reason I hate this patch. It destroys my muscle memory :(
Down ya go could stay where it was. Knock back should be removed from plan mechanic.
Ris - 85rr BO
Risx - 83rr SH

Ads
Bozzax

Post#19 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:51 am

Bo has no coherent idea simple as that

Reversal back to the pre ror state and start from there would probably be the best solution but it will never happen.

It is obvious for those who did play the class 2008-2024 that this class is balanced by ppl not playing the class and I honestly don’t think this willl change. Another example is marauders that are doomed to mediocrity

Can compare with how other classes are “carried”

Simple solution accept this or just hop on to a class that consistently are allowed to be meta
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

akisnaakkeli

Post#20 » Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Bozzax wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:51 am Bo has no coherent idea simple as that

Reversal back to the pre ror state and start from there would probably be the best solution but it will never happen.

It is obvious for those who did play the class 2008-2024 that this class is balanced by ppl not playing the class and I honestly don’t think this willl change. Another example is marauders that are doomed to mediocrity

Can compare with how other classes are “carried”

Simple solution accept this or just hop on to a class that consistently are allowed to be meta
It would truely help if Blorc had 1.4.8 Double WS buff 240 with tactic. Brawler 9pts Not In da Face! which had 100ft grp members gain 4s stagger/kd/kb/silence/disarm immunity on top of the CD increaser. 13 pts was THC which is fine because it can be used with Shield and 2h. Revert parry tactic to parry and block but max is 15 not 10 and blorc would be fine again. Add 9 pts Waaagh?! And Down ya Go would be Core Skill. Blorc would be very good.