Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Making guard less OP

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
noisestorm

Re: [Suggestion] Making guard less OP

Post#121 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:36 pm

Drak wrote:So the person making the original post asserts that Guard is OP but understands the mechanic so poorly that he thinks it stacks, and now people are suggesting all manner of ways to nerf a core skill of a tank?

The fact that the OP is wrong doesnt change the point of guard being obviously horribly strong.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#122 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:37 pm

Personally I think displaying "guard" on buffhead, assist and target switching together with punts are quite effective for dealing with guard.

As long as we don't see the stupid LOTD tallies I'm not convinced it even needs fixing.

Having that said playing a SM with 20/30 strikethrough would be fun test provided strikethrough propagates :)
Last edited by Bozzax on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Soulcheg

Post#123 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:39 pm

noisestorm wrote:
Drak wrote:So the person making the original post asserts that Guard is OP but understands the mechanic so poorly that he thinks it stacks, and now people are suggesting all manner of ways to nerf a core skill of a tank?

The fact that the OP is wrong doesnt change the point of guard being obviously horribly strong.
Because it's the foundation stone of the WHO. Remove it, or square it - and the whole house of cards will fall into abyss. But who cares. Let's nerf guard, dok/wp, mdd, rdd, nerf everything, and create another game.
[RU]GreenFire. //Grimward/Albiona/Edwin/many others

Tesq

Post#124 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:42 pm

ThePollie wrote:
dirnsterer wrote:It can be used in smallscale fights too if the guarded target seems to be bit too tough. Like people at 20% or so health can still be pumped up to full health if they are guarded and quick coordinated morale burst makes sure they do not. Also movement can be used to counter it too as it is mentioned in this thread a couple of times. It rarely is 2 groups just bashing their faces together till one of them drops.
Which can be countered by defensive morales, as well. Divine Protection alone can eat three Sever Nerves, and a 2/2/2 party can drop two of those at a time.
which mean use wh/wh in wb cos they have by sov set moral remove--> which imply have 1 party that is not aoe but rather a backline eater which is great as it create diversity.

You end up with 3 aoe party and 1 st focus party and you need a lot of different classes for this.
Last edited by Tesq on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noisestorm

Post#125 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Soulcheg wrote:
noisestorm wrote:

Because it's the foundation stone of the WHO. Remove it, or square it - and the whole house of cards will fall into abyss. But who cares. Let's nerf guard, dok/wp, mdd, rdd, nerf everything, and create another game.
Having partisans like you around doesnt exactly make other people happy either. Just saying. This doomsaying and whatnot that you kids bring all the time if just a slight change to your beloved AOR is even hinted at, is just laughable at best.

ThePollie
Banned

Post#126 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:44 pm

Tesq wrote:which mean use wh/wh in wb cos they have by sov set moral remove--> which imply have 1 party that is not aoe but rather a backliner eater which is great as it creat diversity.
Okay.

First, fairly sure we're not getting Sov'. Maybe cosmetically, but there were a lot of bad decisions regarding sets back on Live.

Second, what? You might want to clean up your posts a bit, they are getting a tad difficult to understand.

Shadowgurke

Post#127 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:47 pm

noisestorm wrote:
The fact that many people, including OP, have misconceptions about Guard is a bad ground to base a debate on.
Guard is horribly strong but at the same time half the reason why tanks even exist in the current form. Healing is also horribly strong, no?

I want to state this again, Guard damage is not negligible for tanks at this point in time. If for some reason in T4 tanks can parry/block 90% of all attacks we can discuss this again

Tesq

Post#128 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:48 pm

noisestorm wrote:
Having partisans like you around doesnt exactly make other people happy either. Just saying. This doomsaying and whatnot that you kids bring all the time if just a slight change to your beloved AOR is even hinted at, is just laughable at best.
it happen when there are no evidence appart that guard is op with nor a video/screen, proved wb vs wb fight in which none was able to kill none due to guard.

This thread opened with no base proves that guard is op, i didn't see not even 1, and not even 1 logic reason why it is compared to other pvp/rvr games after war which in fact all suck due to not have guard appart swotor which still have guard but is not revolved around such big scale fight as war is and so there guard is a lot less powerfull than here.

Because war is revolved aroud big scale fight right? or need this to also be check?

Ads
pullbot

Post#129 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:56 pm

There are so many counterplays against guarded target but alas they require a group, so pugs will ofc complain. Lets balance the game around pugs to make the masses happy, what an amazing idea! l2p issue, srly not even trolling
Camoran rr100 Black Guard Karak-Norn RIP in peace
My WAR videos

noisestorm

Post#130 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:58 pm

Shadowgurke wrote:
1) The fact that many people, including OP, have misconceptions about Guard is a bad ground to base a debate on.
Guard is horribly strong but at the same time half the reason why tanks even exist in the current form. Healing is also horribly strong, no?

2) I want to state this again, Guard damage is not negligible for tanks at this point in time. If for some reason in T4 tanks can parry/block 90% of all attacks we can discuss this again

To start with 2) It is not exactly 90% but very close to that in terms of guard defence yes. Not for 'some' reason, but for the fact that they simply can stack their defense so ridiculously high through morales, tactics and base skills + the RR skills (which got buffed compared to AOR actually)[ RR defense skills are not mitigated by int/str/Balli anymore, while they were back on live]

1) That they were wrong was already stated multiple times, but instead of me or someone else starting a new topic i rather try to 'educate' them here or point out the misconceptions and errors that were made. I am by no means always right with my opinions either, but alone from the numbers that will be achieved later on in the game i can guarantee you that, guarded damage is laughable at best later on if it stays like it is. Therefore i am just saying in advance that the topic "Guard" may be looked at by now already.

------
Tesq wrote: it happen when there are no evidence appart that guard is op with nor a video/screen, proved wb vs wb fight in which none was able to kill none due to guard.

This thread opened with no base proves that guard is op, i didn't see not even 1, and not even 1 logic reason why it is compared to other pvp/rvr games after war which in fact all suck due to not have guard appart swotor which still have guard but is not revolved around such big scale fight as war is and so there guard is a lot less powerfull than here.

Because war is revolved aroud big scale fight right? or need this to also be check?
wb vs wb ... Rly? Having 4-8 DDs potentially focusing on one target is no foundation of any discussion either.

There is no need for any video proof of guard being op, because the numbers (even now a chosen has 20% block and about 70% parry) alone should tell you that it is.