Recent Topics

Ads

Pug scenario IS LIVE! [Thanks for voting!]

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.

Poll: Would you like the pug scenario to be implemented, or would you like no change to be made?

Yes - Implement a pug scenario
79%
No - I don't want any change
21%
Total votes: 233

Ley
Former Staff

Re: Pug scenario creation yay or nay? [Poll][Final]

Post#31 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:16 pm

navis wrote:
Ley wrote:Kind reminder, this thread is for the final vote, not for suggestions ^^
I don' think it has been entirely clear what the change would dictate.
- the fact that solo/duo's would be reduced to 1 scenario weekly.
Check out the previous thread regarding this ^^

Ads
adei

Post#32 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:23 pm

navis wrote:I don' think it has been entirely clear what the change would dictate.
adei wrote:The system that will be used is that we will have one scenario available, this will be for solo/duo and the map can be rotated. It will start with Khaines Embrace
Luth wrote:No, it means that the only difference will be that there is an additional dedicated pug-only scenario. Everything else would be the same as now.
I'm not sure how much clearer it could be.

Euan
Suspended

Post#33 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:35 pm

I suggested this a long time ago. I think the scenario should be Nordenwatch, Praag one, or Eternal Citadel. Can we poll on the scenario please?
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

navis

Post#34 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:49 pm

adei wrote:
navis wrote:I don' think it has been entirely clear what the change would dictate.
adei wrote:The system that will be used is that we will have one scenario available, this will be for solo/duo and the map can be rotated. It will start with Khaines Embrace
Luth wrote:No, it means that the only difference will be that there is an additional dedicated pug-only scenario. Everything else would be the same as now.
Now it's clear after 4 pages of discussion. To announce that the "other thread" was descriptive as to this 'final vote'... It is clearly not.
But I understand now, thx

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#35 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:55 am

Euan wrote:I suggested this a long time ago. I think the scenario should be Nordenwatch, Praag one, or Eternal Citadel. Can we poll on the scenario please?
Its starting on KE but will be a rotating one, so Nordenwatch and the others will appear in time.

Also I personally cant wait until this is implemented as I can be whisked away at a moments notice for GM duties I dont really have time for premades and yesterday getting ganked in phoenix gate almost made my puke in anger (especially when the score screen gave at top 900 rr for destro while 32k for order, and they did not r un objective, they just ganked us).

I imagine I cant be the only one not suitable for a premade in such a manner and to us having to fight against premade is death for the enjoyment of the game, dont get me wrong, in ORvR its nice to group up and try to use tactics but SCs are supposed to be a quick fix for your lust for kills.

Zaxxond

Post#36 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:28 am

I voted yes. Let the pugs have 1 scenario. Test it out and adjust for feedback.

What would be really cool for 6 mans is if there was a 6 man, same faction or cross faction queue. In this queue, your 6 man could face any 6 man on either faction that was in the queue. 6 mans would have a place to queue and it would cut down on the pop time between the scenario pops that they fear will be longer due to the solo/duo scenario.

Jaycub

Post#37 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:01 am

PUG scenarios will become overwhelmingly the majority, why reduce it to one scenario? I guess things have to be tested, but if this does becomes the case can we swap group based scenarios to like a pool of 3 then have the rest solo que?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Danielle

Post#38 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:39 am

I guess one scenario is just for testing for the moment. I don't see why the maps should be limited in either direction in the future. Scenarios could just be separated by queue type (party vs. solo) - not map.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Ads
adei

Post#39 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:58 am

Danielle wrote:I guess one scenario is just for testing for the moment. I don't see why the maps should be limited in either direction in the future. Scenarios could just be separated by queue type (party vs. solo) - not map.
Exactly this. From the last poll the majority vote was for 'Separation of scenario queues into Solo + Duo and Groups of 3-6'. However since that in itself is a rather drastic change it's best if we first test the pug scenario with only 1 map in the pool. If it turns out to be the success we hope then there is always the opportunity to advance to the desired vote, we will have to see how the testing goes. As with the whole of this pug scenario journey, baby steps :)

peterthepan3

Post#40 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:10 pm

The only difficulty I see in having more than one map in the pool for a pug only scenario is that I would wager the vast majority of pugs - upon finding out about the pug-only sc - will queue exclusively for that. Having more than one map = more pug-only scenario pops. Given that around 80-100 people - if that - may be queuing for scenarios during prime-time - most of whom are pugs - having more than one pug scenario will render premade pops incredibly slow to pop, which could just potentially kill off the scene (particularly for NA)