Recent Topics

Ads

Leveling

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
calsidar

Leveling

Post#1 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:31 am

Hello
I started this game but i was an old player , like many here .
I would like to know why you get like x3 XP from quests
The hole point of this game is rvr and by leveling like crazy to 40 all you manage is to have a low renown .
i was like rank 22 with 21 renown and in one night i was 28 rank just from quests in rvr areas
In a way i lost like 8 levels of renown and many items of that lev are wasted .
I hear complains , that there is nothing to do, and frankly there isnt in rvr realms t2 or t3 .
But
The scenarios work like charm . and you get a really balanced character .
So if i want to get rank all i have to do is play some quests , PQ
I dont understand why the quests for rvr give you like x3 xp for rank only
And no , i wont skip them. i like the 75silver from quests since this is my main

So can anyone tell me what is the point to get fast in t4 where you will have no items and be like a joke for a long time against most players that have high renown levels ?

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Leveling

Post#2 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:35 am

Its a temporary fix until we will rework t2 and t3 rvr, Because they are dead a lot of times. Its a way for you to be able to level through t3 even without rvr and it wont be changed until a new system is in place. No eta for this, though.

kweedko

Post#3 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:08 am

calsidar wrote:Hello
I started this game but i was an old player , like many here .
I would like to know why you get like x3 XP from quests
The hole point of this game is rvr and by leveling like crazy to 40 all you manage is to have a low renown .
i was like rank 22 with 21 renown and in one night i was 28 rank just from quests in rvr areas
In a way i lost like 8 levels of renown and many items of that lev are wasted .
I hear complains , that there is nothing to do, and frankly there isnt in rvr realms t2 or t3 .
But
The scenarios work like charm . and you get a really balanced character .
So if i want to get rank all i have to do is play some quests , PQ
I dont understand why the quests for rvr give you like x3 xp for rank only
And no , i wont skip them. i like the 75silver from quests since this is my main

So can anyone tell me what is the point to get fast in t4 where you will have no items and be like a joke for a long time against most players that have high renown levels ?
The point is when you lvling your 10 twink you don't give a frog about renown only about reching 40 lvl as fast as you can. And on this server lvling is still slower than on live casue of removed rats, absence of patron system, pitiful exp revards for rvr and sc kills, and so one.

kweedko

Post#4 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:07 pm

Just look at this Image

8.7k exp and 3.2k rp - what is 8 k exp on the lvl where you need 700k, who gonna go for rvr to lvling with this exp rewards

calsidar

Post#5 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:04 am

i got 100000 xp from the kill 50 of each players quest , given at high pass
i was 30 lev and poof i was 30.5 ,
last night i went from 28 to 30 just from the kill 25 quests.
my rvr is still 26 for like 3 days now because i am trying to win the influence rewards from t3 (which is really hard to do so ) . I play many days there and still i havent got the 2nd reward

I appreciate the answer that saupreusse gave as its a logical one
Keep up the good work

Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#6 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:44 am

calsidar wrote:my rvr is still 26 for like 3 days now because i am trying to win the influence rewards from t3 (which is really hard to do so ) . I play many days there and still i havent got the 2nd reward
You cant fill Influence fast in RvR lakes by killing players only.
Taking Keeps/BOs give you higher amounts of influence.
Imo lack of taking Keeps/ratio especially in T2-T4 where there is no other goal is problem of the RvR system and not the player's.
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#7 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:42 am

T3 RvR is worse than T2 atm. Because as it looks now you can not Win a keep attack unless you completely heavy outnumber your opponents or they are really crap and without any strategical thinking. Its since days that there are Keepfights lasting 2 hours stupid zergs at the door with ALMOST 0 god damn rewards (player gives multiple reduced rewards if he got killed recently) and so on... First thing from my opinion would be FIX this reduced reward for killed players! The only thing where this penalty is good for is for idiot cheaters who want to farm themselfes (multiple accounts). As it is now the RvR changes shouldnt have been implemented in T2+3. At least they should fix the rewards from this dull boring endless Keepfights. Where after 2 hours half WB is empty and suddenly order outnumbers destru... (X-Realming/players are pissed due to stupid RvR and log off/ Leaving WB and do Scenarios)

Razid1987

Post#8 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Why not just rush to T4, and THEN go for the RvR Influence rewards from there, instead?

Yes, T3 influence is better than the gear you have now, but so is vendor greens from T4.

If you want RvR, come to T4 - There's plenty of it, compared to the other 3 Tiers.

Ads
calsidar

Post#9 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:28 pm

Its the overal experience of the game
I like it a lot
If the whole point is to rush to t4 and have no rvr items ill be a squashy bug for some time, no fun there at all .
(In another point of view , why not just set characters at t4 minimum lev or simply the max 40 being sarcastic :P

Asdrubael

Post#10 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Personally I don't mind the exp and influence gain at the moment. As everything is still Alpha and still being built upon, with a lot of trial and error involved, I actually find it quite nice.

The base game was a bit of a grind, and at the very least now it feels as if there is some progression. Plus this way it gives you an opportunity to get involved with updates to things easier. (like you can test out T1 to T4 items sooner to give input)

As they said up above, the exp and influence gain is a temporary fix, and it doesn't -for the most part- take away from the game or break anything. From what I can tell that is.

Also Malekith is the one true Phoenix King.