Recent Topics

Ads

Contribution is wonky

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Grolar

Contribution is wonky

Post#1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:14 pm

As we are all aware there are growing frustrations with the newly implemented contribution system regarding bags. Sure we all wants bags faster and that won't happen which in my opinion is fine. Working towards something is good. Its just how we work towards them that is most important.
The frustration seems to be with the contribution itself and how it is contributed. Having many ways to gain contribution is fine and there need to be even more ways. When the system itself pits a faction against itself there is a BIG problem. We have players infighting within both factions just to gain contribution and stealing from one another. Yes the game is competitive, and should be, but in no way should we be fight against our own faction to gain petty contribution. It is counter productive and only tears down morale, not build it up. Its not a race.
Personally I don't think supplies should have as much contributions as they do. There needs to be a reason to run them an there was. Major contribution should be defending and attacking the keeps and BO's. We have too many people not defending keeps because they would rather run supplies. This is not good.
On top of this healers, and tanks need waaaay more options for contribution since they aren't killing. Not sure how you are calculating this, but DPS shouldn't be highest. It isn't fair to these other classes and only encourages players to make more RDPS and DPS. This game needs all classes and therefore should to encourage this balance.

My two cents.
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Ads
Azarael

Re: Contribution is wonky

Post#2 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:19 pm

I'm sick of these topics. I can't debunk this crap without revealing the actual inner workings of the contribution system, but I can't do that without people then gaming the contribution system.

So I will be ignoring it like the rest.

Grolar

Post#3 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:05 pm

That is certainly one approach. The other is to listen and not take everything as a simple criticism of your work. As a dev of " any game ", you aren't exempt from making mistakes and any smart knows this. Its not about you, its about making this game as good as possible. You have done a great job so far, but sometimes we listen to bad judgement and make bad calls. They can always be repaired if you only want to. This was a suggestion and feedback. If I say nothing, I am useless to you.... yes?

Azarael

Post#4 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:08 pm

You can see that I have over 5000 posts, and I have a reputation for justifying my position.

This is the one case in which I cannot do that, because if I reveal exactly why your post is wrong, it means having to explain how contribution works, and that will mean people WILL actually game it.

You can choose to take that on faith, or you can choose not to. Either is fine by me.

Grolar

Post#5 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:19 pm

Not sure how many posts you have is relevant, but okay. Its also not about be right or wrong. you may believe it is, but it isn't. As I said it about making the game the best it can be. If you think you are heading in the right direction I guess I can't say anything that will make you think otherwise. Specially if you already have your mind made up. Either way, my opinion stands. Take it or leave it. That is your choice.

I don't have faith in people....they usually let you down.

lazydna

Post#6 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Grolar wrote:That is certainly one approach. The other is to listen and not take everything as a simple criticism of your work. As a dev of " any game ", you aren't exempt from making mistakes and any smart knows this. Its not about you, its about making this game as good as possible. You have done a great job so far, but sometimes we listen to bad judgement and make bad calls. They can always be repaired if you only want to. This was a suggestion and feedback. If I say nothing, I am useless to you.... yes?
He's trying to say 'you are wrong on your assumptions' without saying it. He can't reveal why you are wrong because that would reveal the inner workings on the system, doing so would then cause people to only focus on those parts of the contribution system and would attempt to exploit it.

just because you can't get high contribution and someone else can doesn't mean the system is broken or that the person who got high contribution didn't deserve it.