Recent Topics

Ads

Being able to scavenge enemy players.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Rowanmantle

Being able to scavenge enemy players.

Post#1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:07 pm

Knew it ran on live, you could scavenge the lovely corpse of cocojumbo, I wonder why it hasn't been implemented on RoR.
Just asking here, is it a data packet we missing, files or patches of some sort?

In Theory could we scavenge each other again like the good old days :P :mrgreen:
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

Ads
Fey

Re: Being able to scavenge enemy players.

Post#2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:19 pm

This would be a welcome change, the need for a camp of 40+ champs goes away. However id expect to see random scavaging during the fight, a small price to pay I suppose.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:44 pm

I never understood, why they havent implemented it in all these month/years. This would not be a difficult job. But hey, I also dont understand why they nerf all sorts of monstertype level and farming gold and exp in general. They seem to be really afraid if all people farm tbeir own pots/talis, because there would only be items left to spend your gold on. But these items are trash anyways, the gear aquireable through sc/rvr and special bosses is superior anyways. Not sure if they can add cosmetics and such things for gold. As far as I know, they can only recycle skins, that are already in the gamefiles. But I know not enough and can only assume.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:53 pm

"They"
""They""
'""They"""

Rowanmantle

Post#5 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:11 am

Hargrim wrote:"They"
""They""
'""They"""
Deep inside everyone loves you, they will love you even more with LV up *wink *wink, *nudge *nudge :mrgreen:
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

Shmerrick

Post#6 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:27 am

That would be awesome if they did. Scavenging war bands like the days of old.

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#7 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Hargrim wrote:"They"
""They""
'""They"""
Isnt it clear that ist stands for Devs?

odd

Post#8 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:59 pm

One thing to note: Without seeing how these two things are coded (dead players and scavenging) there's no way to tell how easy it would be. It could go from a 1 line change to impossible since the coders don't have fun control of everything.

The dev team could also think this would imbalance the game.

It would be nice for talisman makers though.

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#9 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:17 pm

It'd tempt alot of those that are already on the edge to attempt killtrading I'd imagine - tho' iirc the devs wouldn't mind that much, given that they have stepped up their scrubcatching systems.
Aside from the above..., with the amount of kills that are racked up daily, it'd probably flood and inflate the market.

Iirc there are new player drops planned that will likely - vaguely - fullfill the same purpose longterm, with new tokens, gear and such. It might be worth considering to add talismans to the drop/loottables - ofc with an appropriate price (droprates and BoP trait), matching the rarity of the crafted equivalents and their powerlevel.
Wargrimnir gave little insight into the plannings and workings, you can find his elaborations in one of the dev diary threads (should be one before the last, maybe the one before that).

Abbd.:
Re-utilizing RvR currency for crafting components might be a welcome move in general, just needs a BoP trait and a steeply scaling* pricing slapped on it.

(*e.g.: bound to RR of the player at the time of purchase [high RR players drown in RvR currency], or to the quantity of currency in one's posession [ofc with a proper minimum to avoid manipulation via deletion of currency etc, or based of the individual player's average gain] - dynamic prices if you will, they would allow for a better perception and higher control of the currency flow [baiting player into dumping their currency before new RvR gear drops/unify spending across the board and regulating things this way, instead of slapping prices-to-be-considered-ridiculous-by-average-git onto it], imo.)

E: Format, words - bloody tablet, bloody work. ¤_¤

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:24 pm

Darosh wrote:
Iirc there are new player drops planned that will likely - vaguely - fullfill the same purpose longterm, with new tokens, gear and such. It might be worth considering to add talismans to the drop/loottables - ofc with an appropriate price (droprates and BoP trait), matching the rarity of the crafted equivalents and their powerlevel.
Wargrimnir gave little insight into the plannings and workings, you can find his elaborations in one of the dev diary threads (should be one before the last, maybe the one before that).
This is in reference to the market system I've devised, but it's dependent on having item stats fixed properly, something I've been grinding at off and on for a very long time. Recent patch notes you'll see there's 200-1000 items being fixed per level. This week will have another chunk of them done. It's a time consuming process, with most things being done one at a time using a scrape from the old mmodb sites as a reference, taken before they went offline.

Drops will be based on RvR kills, tokens from each class, and a trading-style minigame with vendors in each capital. Things you would be able to buy from these are largely going to be influence rewards from each chapter with scaling costs. We can also use the system to provided limited-time sales of more rare gear, and I suppose crafting fragments could be included. It opens up a world of possibilities as far as introducing items that are normally locked behind a lot of PvE grind that RvR players aren't necessarily interested in doing.

There is a possibility that we could flag item sales tied to tome unlocks as well. We could probably use that as a basis to flag items for sale provided a requisite quest line is done as well, which could be used for the Epic Weapon quests.

Not something coming soon-soon, but planned.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog