Recent Topics

Ads

Magus/Engineer Pet

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Shmerrick

Re: Magus/Engineer Pet

Post#11 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:04 am

NSKaneda wrote:Like I'd written: SHs are eons away from WLs and WLs are a class of their own, OPed since launch.

Back on topic of engie/magi pets instacasting - I'm against it since it is already possible and in my opinion this change would call for changing of pet-casting on other classes.
I disagree. I don't want other classes pets to be changed. Other classes pets move with them and do not boost the players base damage like the magus and engi does.

Ads
Leecifer

Post#12 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:19 pm

As a rifleman ENGI, I need full stacks all the time to measure up against the other, far more mobile, ranged damage dealers. The tactic needs to be built into the class in my opinion.
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#13 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 pm

As a Magus I can only agree with the previous poster
But, would never happens :D
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

catholicism198

Post#14 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:57 pm

It's already been discussed and there has been talk about them 'looking into revising mandatory/essential tactics.' Who knows...

It sucks, but....

Coma

Post#15 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:22 am

as a newbe magus (my newest alt ^^') I really don't see the NEED for insta cast... yes it will be helpfull and I doubt any engi/magus will not be happy about it... but turrets/Deamons are ALREADY really powerfull... at the same time they are the MECHANIC of the class, a mechanic that only need you to wast a 2sec cast every now and than without the need to balance skill use or having any downside

Aside from this you seem to forget that the tactic in question also COMPLETELY REMOVE THE COST FROM RESUMMON... that is 60 Ap saved per cast, with the range that as explained before is pretty far you only need to use it twice to travel a full t4 map ^^', in SC it is even better since you can pratically cover the full map with a single Resummon you just deploy it at spawn and insta teleport wherever you need...

Finally the 20 sec CD of resummon is not all that long, for the more mobile spec you even have the flamer/bombard that let you keep the buff within 50 feet of the turret futher increasing you ability to move around without loosing the buff

Conclusion: IMHO there is no need to make them instant and it would actualy make the resummon/redeploy skill useless (even if you increase the cost of the summon having a skill with 20 sec CD only to save 10/20 AP would be completely useless...). At beast what I could see as more reasonable could be reducing the CD of resummon from 20 to 15/10 sec... or maybe adding some additional effect to the tattic to make it more valuable on top of it's current effect.

Foomy44

Post#16 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Shmerrick wrote:I appreciate all of your feedback, but I am specifically talking about the Magus and Engineer pets, which by the way, are awful. The change I'm promoting is a marginal buff if anything.
Making an ability that used to take a tactic slot into a baseline ability is not a marginal buff. I use that tactic plenty on my magus because of how good it is. If this change goes through I suddenly have a whole extra tactic slot I get to use and there are plenty of great magus tactics I'd slot.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#17 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:55 pm

just no.

Also this is not the place to post balance changes.

Locking