Recent Topics

Ads

Keeplord mechanic

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Revec

Keeplord mechanic

Post#1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:01 am

hello! ive recently become more and more frustraded over(and i know alot of others have been too) the constant resettting of the darn keep lord in a fight! is there any way something can be done about that particular issue? i dont know anything about what is possible to be done about say the lords ai, but perhaps some sort of script where the lords moves around the different floors on a set route which he doesnt stray off of. making the fight more engaging as you have to coordinate the defences around the different floors in order to continue dps on lord? i dont know just a thought. any input? :)
Clar Karond - Dragonback Mountains - Karak Eight Peaks - Karak Norn/Azgal

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Re: Keeplord mechanic

Post#2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:03 am

I enjoy the challenge. Easy mode gets boring and it allows for some fun 1st floor battles.

Aurandilaz

Post#3 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:06 am

Spend 2-3 Warbands to hold the bottom and have one dedicated warband dedicated to spanking the Lord. All members of the Lord-hitting wb need to stay inside the Lord room and preferable within 5-10 feet radius at the CENTRE of the room, not outside of the room, not at stairs and nowhere else.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:19 am

Lord resets is player issue.

Revec

Post#5 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:19 am

yes i know very well the mechanics of this. thats not the issue. the issue is rather that people dont listen, and the resets gets on and on. some people are even accusing the other side of intentionally login on toons to reset the lord as a tactic.

i have tons of fun when its big fights and you have to coordinate in order to defend the bottom and get the lord down. im only raising the thoughts about the encounter itself, since i dont believe anyone is happy when the lord resets 5-10 times just because silly reasons no?

like i said tho, just a thought
Clar Karond - Dragonback Mountains - Karak Eight Peaks - Karak Norn/Azgal

dansari

Post#6 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:25 am

Aurandilaz wrote:Spend 2-3 Warbands to hold the bottom and have one dedicated warband dedicated to spanking the Lord. All members of the Lord-hitting wb need to stay inside the Lord room and preferable within 5-10 feet radius at the CENTRE of the room, not outside of the room, not at stairs and nowhere else.
Ah yes, the EU strategy.
Hargrim wrote:Lord resets is player issue.
To be honest I've seen the Lord reset by moving three inches to the left.
<Salt Factory>

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#7 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:31 am

Its a super easy mechanic to troll. And there is no way to prevent people from resetting it if they have a mind to do so, or if they simply will not listen to commands. Just saw the lord get reset five times in a row because healers kept running when aggroed. Nothing anyone said made them stop doing it. Even if you kick em from wb, they don't even notice and just stay there being assholes.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Gerv
Banned

Post#8 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:27 am

Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#9 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:38 am

he announces who he's targeting so just keep track of the names in case someone is intentionally resetting him.
Aurandilaz wrote:Spend 2-3 Warbands to hold the bottom and have one dedicated warband dedicated to spanking the Lord. All members of the Lord-hitting wb need to stay inside the Lord room and preferable within 5-10 feet radius at the CENTRE of the room, not outside of the room, not at stairs and nowhere else.
It's more of tickling than a spanking.

fox66656

Post#10 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:50 am

I sure wish people would stop running. Nothing more aggravating in rvr than a keep lord who keeps getting reset after over an hour of working to lay siege to a keep. Then enemy ups their numbers and comes and wipes the whole keep, good times......not. Gonna make a toon named stayincircle lol.