Recent Topics

Ads

Keep Lord Tethers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
mattander83

Keep Lord Tethers

Post#1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:42 pm

Hello,

Was taking part in a keep siege last night. We got the Lord half dead, 1 destro showed up, punted the group, the lord went alittle too far towards the stairs, reset, and his HP went back to 100%. So, we killed the destro, and went back to killing the lord. Folk were pretty upset that the Lord was rubber banded. Not because he went back to the middle of the room, but because of the health reset. We got the lord to about 50% HP again, and the server crashed. If the Lord's health hadn't went back to 100% after the rubber band, we'd have had it. I don't mind the rubber banding. It stops folk from taking the Lord all over the place. But the health regen is what angered folk. Is it possible to make it so the health doesn't regen when enemies rubber band? Just a thought, and some feedback.

Thank you.

Edit
Tether spelled correctly in the title.
Last edited by mattander83 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers

Ads
Luuca

Re: Keep Lord Teethers

Post#2 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:26 pm

The Lord Reset is a known and viable option in the ORvR lakes and working as intended. You see, it takes coordination and planning to not reset the Keep Lord on a keep take. Even if one of the players in your own faction pulls agro and runs, he resets. It's kind of like a right of passage for RoR players - a necessary evil. Now that you are initiated and understand how it works, you should have no issues getting your group to stay on the Keep Lord while killing him as well as be able to use this knowledge, like the opposing player did to you, to give your life defending the keep (or at least stalling until the server crashes).

IMO, the Keep Lords should be like Boss Mobs in dungeons, with phases and abilities that demand rigid coordination, group composition, gear level, and team play. That said, most PuGs, like yours, can't kill him now, so there's that.

Hope this helps.

Foomy44

Post#3 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:43 pm

Luuca wrote:Now that you are initiated and understand how it works, you should have no issues getting your group to stay on the Keep Lord...
lol, man I hope that's comedy. If not, plz help me understand what I can do after filling chat with "GET OFF THE F*CKING STAIRS!!!" and begging everyone on my realm to kick those players out of their WB and stop rezzing them. Not to mention the joys of pug WBs AoE healing between floors, gl getting that whole WB to stick to 1 floor.

I think Lords should heal a lot slower than they do, let him regen maybe 10% HP while running back to mid or whatever, I don't see the logic in him getting all his life back because of 1 knockback or 1 friendly idiot.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Luuca

Post#4 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:24 pm

Foomy44 wrote:
Luuca wrote:Now that you are initiated and understand how it works, you should have no issues getting your group to stay on the Keep Lord...
lol, man I hope that's comedy. If not, plz help me understand what I can do after filling chat with "GET OFF THE F*CKING STAIRS!!!" and begging everyone on my realm to kick those players out of their WB and stop rezzing them. Not to mention the joys of pug WBs AoE healing between floors, gl getting that whole WB to stick to 1 floor.

I think Lords should heal a lot slower than they do, let him regen maybe 10% HP while running back to mid or whatever, I don't see the logic in him getting all his life back because of 1 knockback or 1 friendly idiot.
It is beyond my sphere of influence to get members of your own realm to listen to you. Perhaps you lack the skills to lead effectively or your skills simply need improvement. Or, as you state, the skills of the members of your realm are less than satisfactory. In such case, might I point out that this is not a solo game and PuGging full time was not in the design parameters. In other words, form/join an active guild, create a group or warband from within your guild or guild alliance and ensure, at the very least, it's not your players causing the issues.

As for your skills as a leader, I dare say that all caps is not how you win hearts and minds, nor promoting leaving dead players dead. Too much to cover here, but may I suggest you read some books on leadership and apply it to your in-game endeavors?

Foomy44

Post#5 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:26 pm

I'm solo roaming 90% of the time, almost never even in a grp when I'm on lord, just trying my hardest not to let random people on my realm reset him constantly. I have no desire to lead anyone anywhere, I just don't want to see 99% of the realm's hard work go to waste because 1% don't know how to read chat or play properly.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell

Darks63

Post#6 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:38 pm

That why you want 1 wb fighting the lord and another covering the bottom floor to avoid any but your own realm screwing up the lord kill.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Luuca

Post#7 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:40 pm

Foomy44 wrote:I'm solo roaming 90% of the time, almost never even in a grp when I'm on lord, just trying my hardest not to let random people on my realm reset him constantly. I have no desire to lead anyone anywhere, I just don't want to see 99% of the realm's hard work go to waste because 1% don't know how to read chat or play properly.
luuca wrote:might I point out that this is not a solo game and PuGging full time was not in the design parameters.
I would assert that your solo play is part-in-parcel with the issues you claim to detest. You claim that you are "almost never" in a group when on the Keep Lord. I am obliged to think that at least some of the players who are leashing the Keep Lord might also be anti-social creatures like you and, having pulled the Keep Lord with absolutely no support from other group members, try to run away to stay alive and save the run back to the keep, thus resetting the Keep Lord.

Others, I agree, are either new to the game, get out of position/panic, or are just plain trolling/spies(xrealmers) [Although I doubt it's more than 1% of the time it's done by xrealmers] I often find that raging about an issue in /2 or /t4 is simply not the right approach. That said, soloing 90% of the time and then complaining about coordinating large groups of players is foolhardy.

Foomy44

Post#8 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:45 pm

Luuca wrote:
I would assert that your solo play is part-in-parcel with the issues you claim to detest. You claim that you are "almost never" in a group when on the Keep Lord. I am obliged to think that at least some of the players who are leashing the Keep Lord might also be anti-social creatures like you and, having pulled the Keep Lord with absolutely no support from other group members, try to run away to stay alive and save the run back to the keep, thus resetting the Keep Lord.
How is my solo play somehow making other people reset the lord? I am failing to see your logic here. I don't run away when lord is on me, I die then ask for a rez. People that are running away either don't know how to play and don't read chat (or maybe don't know english and no one is communicating the importance of not pulling lord away from mid to them in their language) or they are trolling, how does me not being in a WB in any way influence their actions? Those same people are pulling the lord whether or not they are in a WB themselves, and we don't need to be in a group together for them to read what everyone is saying in local chat. FTR the reason I solo roam is because my internet sucks, I can't ever use voice coms and I don't feel comfortable getting a premade going or starting a WB and then lagging out and disconnecting or having 4 second delay on all my abilities in the middle of a fight and screwing up other people's experience. Sorry my choice to not put myself in a position where other people will also be screwed by my internet connection is not something you approve of.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:47 pm

Foomy44 wrote:
Luuca wrote:
How is my solo play somehow making other people reset the lord? I am failing to see your logic here. I don't run away when lord is on me, I die then ask for a rez. People that are running away do that whether they are in a WB or not, they either don't know how to play and don't read chat (or maybe don't know english and no one is communicating the importance of not pulling lord away from mid to them in their language) or they are trolling, how does me not being in a WB in any way influence their actions? Those same people are pulling the lord whether or not they are in a WB themselves. FTR the reason I solo roam is because my internet sucks, I can't ever use voice coms and I don't feel comfortable getting a premade going or starting a WB and then lagging out and disconnecting or having 4 second delay on all my abilities in the middle of a fight and screwing up other people's experience. Sorry my choice to not put myself in a position where other people will also be screwed by my internet connection is not something you approve of.
So it's not your fault. It's nothing you can influence one way or another (effectively), and you don't have the will/resolve to do something positive about it. Sounds like you have nothing to complain about.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Luuca

Post#10 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:49 pm

Foomy44 wrote:[
Spoiler:
quote="Luuca"]

How is my solo play somehow making other people reset the lord? I am failing to see your logic here. I don't run away when lord is on me, I die then ask for a rez. People that are running away do that whether they are in a WB or not, they either don't know how to play and don't read chat (or maybe don't know english and no one is communicating the importance of not pulling lord away from mid to them in their language) or they are trolling, how does me not being in a WB in any way influence their actions? Those same people are pulling the lord whether or not they are in a WB themselves. FTR the reason I solo roam is because my internet sucks, I can't ever use voice coms and I don't feel comfortable getting a premade going or starting a WB and then lagging out and disconnecting or having 4 second delay on all my abilities in the middle of a fight and screwing up other people's experience. Sorry my choice to not put myself in a position where other people will also be screwed by my internet connection is not something you approve of.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

You do not have my disapproval; however, I was simply pointing out that other new and solo players may be part of the issue. You claim to want coordination of action amoung large group of players but you do not group. It's like me wanting the homeless to be fed, and yet never contributing money, time, or food.