Recent Topics

Ads

Hard cc to 100% break on damage

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Scrilian

Re: Hard cc to 100% break on damage

Post#11 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:33 pm

Epic reddit-tier bait thread.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#12 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:12 pm

AxelF wrote:Yes it would require some adjustment to player mentality but that's the whole point - it raises both the skill floor - ie you can't just mindless spam your best AoE skill over and over, and the skill ceiling - skilled players would be able to demonstrate their skill by taking out a key opponent in the same way that the best RP/zealots do currently.

I disagree it would make cc only useful in 6 man, in WB v WB play you would just have to be a bit smarter, and the people that constantly broke cc would have to improve or be kicked from WB.
It doesn't raise the skill floor at all, it's just an additional thing to keep in mind that is more boring than anything else. The CC immunity is already more than enough, imo.

Just take a look at other MMOs, if you think that CCs are too much in RoR.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#13 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:00 pm

Toldavf wrote:When i played swtor had no immunities unless lots of cc was chained on you. It was a bad system that could leave you locked out of the fight for way to long.
SWTORs resolve system failed because the immunity didn't count for the CC that activated the timer, meaning you wasted a good half or more of the timer stunned.

Also as much as I absolutely DESPISE seeing some invincible BG rush straight at me and KD me, this is a dumb idea.

Vayra

Post#14 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:56 pm

We already have CC that breaks on damage: Stagger and roots. They last longer for a reason.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

catholicism198

Post#15 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:26 pm

AxelF wrote: Best result of this would be no more watching helplessly as your character is KD'd and then whaled on by the enemy with you unable to respond - its the ultimate frustration for me as it requires zero skill on the attackers part. If you kill someone through their counterplay then you've earned the kill through skill, bludgeoning a helpless target who can't respond requires no skill whatsoever.
This sounds like more of a 1v1 issue than anything else.
Staggers already break on damage, and knockdowns shouldn't be an issue if you have a group supporting you.
As for SW:TOR...That game is in a better place with regards to stuns even though the duration is longer, because you have several stun break/escape abilities and the time to kill is also significantly longer. No 2-3 second KOs.

...you're playing the wrong game if you're looking for a skill based game.

wachlarz

Post#16 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:33 pm

When 2 BW target U in this same time use skils, and u dont have pocket healer and guard bot U are dead no chance for survive.

Darks63

Post#17 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:06 pm

Most of the Hard cc ion this game is pretty tame compared other MMOs have some long ass ccs that can pretty much guarantee your death.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

anarchypark

Post#18 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:31 pm

positining, predict next move, calculated timing etc. those are skills far valuable than pressing buttons. and team work is another level to counter hard cc. not easy but try it first. I think you've experienced only receiving end? cc user also required not to waste CC. I see plenty of skills( not buttons) around here.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#19 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:03 am

Death is the hardest form of CC in this game

Rez's from healers counter being killed

i dont think we need to buff any o0ther forms of CC immunity because of that