Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion: Bonus experience for questing in racial zone

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Haskr

Suggestion: Bonus experience for questing in racial zone

Post#1 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:27 pm

Hello,

I am leveling a Sorcerer at the moment also a bit through pve questing and doing easy pq's. I noticed that the Dark Elf zones and chapter camps are mostly empty. I got the following idea: why not give people a xp bonus if they do quests (or even all pve activities like pq's) in their racial zone.
Maybe this could happen by raising the quest xp for each quest individualy, or, if that is too complicated, give the player of the race a general xp buff in the pve zone, and if the player does rvr and gets flagged, the buff would be removed imedeatly.
Maybe this would animate more players to also consider pve and quests in their zones, wich are most lovely done, and not only empire and the usual spots.
Maybe I forgot some downsides, if its too complicated then dont bother, but I wanted to at least tell the idea :D

Keep rocking on!

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Suggestion: Bonus experience for questing in racial zone

Post#2 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:56 am

So Empire and Chaos level the fastest?
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

diedrake

Post#3 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:36 am

Rydiak, depends what race you role if this was in effect. Say, you role a dark elf, the dark elf wouldnt get the bonus in orc or empire lands but would get it in elven lands.
Neat idea i agree, but i dont think it is needed. As is lvling is relatively fast compaired to other mmos. The real grind is actually purple numbers ;)
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Rydiak

Post#4 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:11 am

diedrake wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 1:36 am Rydiak, depends what race you role if this was in effect. Say, you role a dark elf, the dark elf wouldnt get the bonus in orc or empire lands but would get it in elven lands.
Precisely my point. Empire and Chaos would level the fastest out of all the races. Empire/Chaos is most populated zone, and they'd get a bonus there.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

adamthelc

Post#5 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:57 am

It couldn't hurt. Questing has to be the slowest and most painful way to level.

Tesq

Post#6 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:31 am

i have to say that questing is still worst than grind; it is just that way, i do know it may sound too ez mode but since you have to theorically follow your racial storyline (all epic quest included) you just need those to level up.
Chapter have all a level; complete all quest in that chap should give you enough exp to be on par with next chapter level. I know it create a bit of automatism but grind your way is not much better. You still have to complete all the quests on every chapter and this wil involve 99% of time in kill stuff but the exp need to be increased to cover for "transition time" from quest giver to mob to kill or objective to make worth questing, If not is just better grind.
Grind or do PQ will be alternative that way; atm they are the way to lv up-->grind --->near/into a pq