Recent Topics

Ads

What would it take: Queue for 6v6

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Dankmeme

Re: What would it take: Queue for 6v6

Post#141 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:01 pm

nat3s wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:26 pm For me id queue if my SH main was more competitive in 6v6. At present SH are out of the meta which sucks :(
No it's not

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#142 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:39 am

MedV wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:58 pm I think if you started doing 1 day per week double emblems, you would get groups to form on that day. People would put out a greater effort to get a group together for the chance to win double the loot. Once a group is formed they are way more likely to add each other and group on separate occasions. Ie.Since forming the group is the hard part a 1 day incentive to get the group started will lead to a down stream effect of adding each other and deciding to group even on off days.
I like this, a lot. If enough 6 mans were around for a specific allotted time period there would be a variety in group skill level and compositions.

soliticks

Post#143 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 am

1: I would want a scenario with no objectives and Los isssues. Points would be gained from kills only.

2: I would want WE’s nerfed so they stop running around with guard spamming agonizing wound with 100% armor penetration using NB and 15% crit tactic.

3: Considering the population, gathering people for organized 6v6 is not easy. As an incentive, maybe have an official rating system like world of Warcraft arenas to fuel people’s competitive spirit.

4: I would want melee healers nerfed so we don’t see anything too crazy like 3 tanks/3 wp’s. Dok’s 100% heal debuff uptime should also be looked at.

5: Initiative debuff stacking should be looked at as well (i.e. Swordmaster/Shadow warrior).

6: I would want stat and renown normalization specifically designed for 6v6 scenarios. Since the whole point of fights like this is about teamwork and individual skill, gear and renown shouldn’t be the deciding factor.

Generally speaking, 6v6 is just not fun if you can easily attribute a loss or win to broken class/synergy balance or general “unfairness”. Once you remove this frustration, people will be more inclined to improve their communication, rotations, and reactions rather than getting salty for an unfair loss. If you genuinely want to make the 6v6 community thrive, classes would have to be balanced “around” this style of play. Personally, I would LOVE that. But from what I’ve read in this post, that just doesn’t seem to be the general consensus. Here’s to hoping.
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

peterthepan3

Post#144 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:40 pm

Melee healers aren't even used in competitive 6v6 because of inherent weaknesses that **** them over (mobility, lack of heals when away from a lifetap source, lack of aoe cleanse that a conventional heal WP/DOK would bring). In solo/pug environments? Sure - they're powerful due to its random, chaotic nature, which allows a guarded melee healer to thrive and stay alive for long periods of time.

Agonizing wound spamming WEs with NB...? WE are arguably less viable in 6v6 than DPS DOK is atm. Why would you need NB for one button...?

Dankmeme

Post#145 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:07 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:40 pm Why would you need NB for one button...?
Because you need an excuse.

MedV

Post#146 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:51 pm

soliticks wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 am 1: I would want a scenario with no objectives and Los isssues. Points would be gained from kills only.

2: I would want WE’s nerfed so they stop running around with guard spamming agonizing wound with 100% armor penetration using NB and 15% crit tactic.

3: Considering the population, gathering people for organized 6v6 is not easy. As an incentive, maybe have an official rating system like world of Warcraft arenas to fuel people’s competitive spirit.

4: I would want melee healers nerfed so we don’t see anything too crazy like 3 tanks/3 wp’s. Dok’s 100% heal debuff uptime should also be looked at.

5: Initiative debuff stacking should be looked at as well (i.e. Swordmaster/Shadow warrior).

6: I would want stat and renown normalization specifically designed for 6v6 scenarios. Since the whole point of fights like this is about teamwork and individual skill, gear and renown shouldn’t be the deciding factor.

Generally speaking, 6v6 is just not fun if you can easily attribute a loss or win to broken class/synergy balance or general “unfairness”. Once you remove this frustration, people will be more inclined to improve their communication, rotations, and reactions rather than getting salty for an unfair loss. If you genuinely want to make the 6v6 community thrive, classes would have to be balanced “around” this style of play. Personally, I would LOVE that. But from what I’ve read in this post, that just doesn’t seem to be the general consensus. Here’s to hoping.
1. Only kills count for points? Youre just asking for #4 to happen more.
2. WE does not need a nerf. (Who brings a WE to a 6v6 anyway)
3. Rating system would be cool. Hard to have one because you would need the same 6 man. Which would bring exclusivity to the game. Maybe have like a 12 man roster? Or a team name that could have anyone on it? Otherwise the low pop would make it hard if the 6 mans are only accepting the same 6 man over and over.
4. Not sure about this. Ive never seen it but I have heard 3 KOTBS/ 3 WPs grouping. So I cant comment.
5. Agreed but dont think that would improve 6v6.
6. NO NO NO NO. People play MMORPGS to grind, get good gear and be better. This would just make it a MOBA.
The King.

MedV

Post#147 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:02 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:39 am
MedV wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:58 pm I think if you started doing 1 day per week double emblems, you would get groups to form on that day. People would put out a greater effort to get a group together for the chance to win double the loot. Once a group is formed they are way more likely to add each other and group on separate occasions. Ie.Since forming the group is the hard part a 1 day incentive to get the group started will lead to a down stream effect of adding each other and deciding to group even on off days.
I like this, a lot. If enough 6 mans were around for a specific allotted time period there would be a variety in group skill level and compositions.
Thanks dude! You can send me my Legacy mount whenever ;)
But on a serious note. From personal experience yesterday in t1 I formed a slow growing 6man. By the end of the day we all had talked for a while and added eachother. Today we grouped again just bec we saw all of each other on.
Basically we formed because we had an objective we wanted... became friends and now play with each other.

If you do like Saturdays double emblems and maybe throw in legacy dyes only gotten on those days. You would get the hard part out of the way (forming a group) once people have a 6man and talk become friends/add each other, way more likely when they log on the next day (even if the incentives are gone) to regroup.
The King.

Zxul

Post#148 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:54 pm

As somebody who hates scs with passion in general (when I farmed dom for dok, I only joined scs with objectives and capped those ignoring the fighting- so many fun tells haha):

Rewards, pretty much. If for example 6v6 was the only way to get a sword noticeably better than the subj one (unlike the rr45 one, which when you make the calculations including subj proc is actually worse than subj), I would grit my teeth and do it.

On the side note though, I wouldn't bet that the existing premades will actually like to get a competition from somebody who is only after the rewards, and uses brains. What will happen to epeen, should a rr70+ BiS everywhere premade run for example into a premade of 6 rr40 maguses, which time 6 BoCs to hit the same healer in same time?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#149 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:16 pm

I don't understand the last paragraph. Most proper premades would welcome any new arrival to the scene. What do you mean by using brain/only after rewards?

The 6 x BoC sounds good on paper, but good luck finding a healer who won't LoS and move a few steps away :)

I think to encourage more 6v6 we would need a more self-conscious community that are willing to admit to their mistakes, with the desire of actively improving their skills and not shying away from fighting premades EVER AGAIN after one loss. I have found a large portion of RoR's community very quick to give up and attribute failings/losses to x, y and z - instead of assessing whether or not they could have played better, or used a different comp, etc.

That being said: how does one incentivize in this case?

Zxul

Post#150 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:51 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:16 pm I don't understand the last paragraph. Most proper premades would welcome any new arrival to the scene. What do you mean by using brain/only after rewards?
For example trying to figure a setups which guarantee a selected target dies no matter how good of a players he and his team are, then repeating that one on healers of a classic 6man. Instead of learning to become a better players and trying to put a fair fight, and such.
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:16 pm
The 6 x BoC sounds good on paper, but good luck finding a healer who won't LoS and move a few steps away :)
And then the 6 maguses put up 18 daemonic infestations around them, and then let the 2 mdps try and figure out how exactly do they get into melee range before the scenario ends.

Then there is fun stuff like premade of 6 WEs, all popping out of hiding on same healer in same time. For bonus trolling points, 4 sec before Shadow Prowler recharges, then hiding out of LoS till there is another opportunity, and then repeating that till sc ends. And those are just the most obvious ones to think of.

Or a personal memory- I remember a sc that I was a part of, in which pug won against Csi's premade- since significant % of the pug ignored the premade trying to fight us and just run around capping sc BOs.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh