Recent Topics

Ads

Witch Elf Dagger Size Comparison [Re-Size Suggestion]

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Tolfhic

Re: Witch Elf Dagger Size Comparison [Re-Size Suggestion]

Post#21 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:02 pm

I think the oversized blades make more sense from a gameplay perspective. The larger blades are much easier to see, especially from a distance.
<As If> & <Last Night in Sweden>
Mains: Chariot SM (7X), Tolfhic WH (Badlands: 94)
Alts: Dokdisrespect DoK, Mspe WP, Bleeped Chosen
He's a WH fleeing from fights with this rotation; Flee, AP pot then stealth

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Tolfhic wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:02 pm I think the oversized blades make more sense from a gameplay perspective. The larger blades are much easier to see, especially from a distance.
For what reason you want to wave with some paddles from a distance? How does this enhance gameplay? :)
Dying is no option.

Aurandilaz

Post#23 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:15 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:17 pm
Tolfhic wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:02 pm I think the oversized blades make more sense from a gameplay perspective. The larger blades are much easier to see, especially from a distance.
For what reason you want to wave with some paddles from a distance? How does this enhance gameplay? :)
for what reason do you insist that they all become mini-kitchen-knives? because you find that most aesthetically pleasing? other Welf players prefer larger daggers that are easier to see and notice differences when compared to other dagger looks, and some of the larger daggers are quite close to being short swords which makes them also awesome due to how much variety you can get despite being forced to have daggers-only class (compared to say chosen with 1h axe, 2h axe, 1h sword, 2h sword, shields...)

you currently get to choose both at will, if you want to use the smaller appearances you have that choice, and others get to choose larger weapon appearances that resemble large ornamental sacrificial daggers/gladiuses if they want to.
be happy for the current freedom of choice, I myself hope that we get more large shortsword looking daggers for Welfs in future, though I occasionally switch appearances, sometimes back to smaller looking knives and then maybe weeks later to larger T4 dagger looks :)

marisco

Post#24 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:44 pm

Yeah, I'm not getting it either. You think bigass daggers look stupid, ok that's your taste. Pick the small ones and problem solved, it's not like people are forcing you to use them. I run Parry/Riposte build on my WE and it would ridiculous if she was using a small dagger to parry a 2hander. See? People have different concepts of how their character should look. That's the whole point of the appearance system.

Trying to tailor the entire weapon arsenal of a class to fit your taste feels kinda selfish, doesn't it?

Sulorie

Post#25 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:38 pm

marisco wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:44 pm Trying to tailor the entire weapon arsenal of a class to fit your taste feels kinda selfish, doesn't it?
Nobody said that there shouldn't be some weapons to look like swords.
But do you think the hilt of a 1handed weapon should be as thick as your arm? The witch elf couldn't even fight with such a huge weapon, when her fighting style relies on swift moves. How is this a matter of taste? It boggles my mind. :D
Dying is no option.

Ramasee

Post#26 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:48 pm

Here is what your argument is boiling down to.

You like witch elves, I like marauders. Marauder make more sense to bring to a warband. Therefore we should delete witch elves and make them all marauders because choice is bad.

marisco

Post#27 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:07 am

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:38 pm
marisco wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:44 pm Trying to tailor the entire weapon arsenal of a class to fit your taste feels kinda selfish, doesn't it?
Nobody said that there shouldn't be some weapons to look like swords.
But do you think the hilt of a 1handed weapon should be as thick as your arm? The witch elf couldn't even fight with such a huge weapon, when her fighting style relies on swift moves. How is this a matter of taste? It boggles my mind. :D
This may come as a shock to you, but yes it's a matter of taste. Maybe people don't care about weapon realism on a setting with Elves, Dwarfs, Orcs, Goblins, Vampires, Mummies and rat-people. What a **** surprise, right?

I propose that we get rid of WL pounce cause no way in hell an elf could jump that far while wearing armor and an axe thats as tall as himself. :roll:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#28 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:17 am

Stay on topic or don't post.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads