Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion for lowpop faction

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Re: Suggestion for lowpop faction

Post#11 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:01 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:29 pm
Darks63 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:20 pm I think Yali means the realm lock timer from live. Yali will the timer be 4 hours like live or more? Or less?
Live was 8 hours.
Nothing is planned more than the general idea :

Scenario 1 :
Imagine you play order. You connect your character and you are locked for XX hours. During this period, IF the opposite faction is outnumbered, you'll be able to join and "break" this timer. Connecting on Destro will "lock" you for XX hour on Destro (unless order be outnumbered and then ... you keep the idea i guess :)).

Scenario 2 :
You play order. You connect your character and you are locked for XX hours. During this period, if your faction is outnumbered you will stay on order faction. In the end of these XX hours, you'll be able to move on destro faction (and then being locked for XX hours ).

Scenario 3 :
You play order. You connect your character and you are locked for XX hours. You play XX+1 hours on your faction. You wont have any lock and you will be able to move on opposite faction whenever you want (and then you'll be locked for XX hours again)

On side note : No idea about changing tiers to play. But i guess this lock will impact T2+ and probably not T1. Dunno if there are simple ytechnical solutions about it.

Seems fair isn't it? :)

Ads
Sigimund

Post#12 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:06 pm

You may want to handle T1 chars separately. They do not affect realm balance T2-4.

Sulorie

Post#13 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:01 pm

Scenario 1 :
Imagine you play order. You connect your character and you are locked for XX hours. During this period, IF the opposite faction is outnumbered, you'll be able to join and "break" this timer. Connecting on Destro will "lock" you for XX hour on Destro (unless order be outnumbered and then ... you keep the idea i guess :)).

Only this sounds good. With all other options you are stuck on the bigger side.
Dying is no option.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#14 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:49 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Scenario 1 :

nope. whatever the solution you are locked on the smaller one.

mogt

Post#15 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:06 pm

@solourie :that are no bad ideas and no idont want promote zerging, i promote the strategic way and many doing xrealming that they log to the winning side that the numbers are 2:1 or 3:1

mogt

Post#16 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:24 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:49 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Scenario 1 :

nope. whatever the solution you are locked on the smaller one.
what if they people use a second or third account, with this account they can prevent this, and that is sad

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#17 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:35 pm

With the removal of campaign contribution upon character swap, the fact that you get NOTHING for just showing up late and joining the winning faction and the ever present AAO bonus makes a hard or soft lock redundant, prohibitive and catering only to the players blaming "muh x-realming" as the reason they ran headlong, outnumbered, into a larger group of enemy players all the while having MASSIVE pvp lakes in which they could've been using to keep their distance and engage at a more inopportune time. Never in my time playing this game have I been in a group with a player that is even marginally sentient and heard them verbally proclaim "muh x-realming." But come in to the forums and every few weeks- apparently the sky is falling and it's those illustrious unnamed players ruining the game by... Changing characters.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:35 pm

mogt wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:06 pm @solourie
Did you broke your fingers by typing this?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Sgttimmen

Post#19 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:49 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:35 pm With the removal of campaign contribution upon character swap, the fact that you get NOTHING for just showing up late and joining the winning faction and the ever present AAO bonus makes a hard or soft lock redundant, prohibitive and catering only to the players blaming "muh x-realming" as the reason they ran headlong, outnumbered, into a larger group of enemy players all the while having MASSIVE pvp lakes in which they could've been using to keep their distance and engage at a more inopportune time. Never in my time playing this game have I been in a group with a player that is even marginally sentient and heard them verbally proclaim "muh x-realming." But come in to the forums and every few weeks- apparently the sky is falling and it's those illustrious unnamed players ruining the game by... Changing characters.
I couldnt care less about X-Realming, its a natural occurance in a pvp game with the mecanics to allow it. I know some players do care. It is great however with a softlock, as you can buff the lowerpop side with an additional xp and RR boost without it being abused.

zwerrie

Post#20 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:47 am

If u xlog into the highpop faction u will get a -x% of renown the moment u flag urself for rvr for xx-hour(s) could make that account-bound aswell like the quitter.. Ppl will think twice.. Rewards are not a thing the zergsurf (easy renown) is what ppl motivation is.
My 2cents, the Kunt(je)