Recent Topics

Ads

Sigmar's Call Item

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Luuca

Sigmar's Call Item

Post#1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:59 pm

In completing my Sewers Quest and receiving my Sigmars Call item a few days ago, I noticed it had a 30 day duration. I was shocked, as I knew that the other 3 I had on my other characters was not on a 30 day expiration timer.

I logged in my AM to look and sure as s****, it had a 30d timer on it as well that had not been activated yet.

I am assuming this change was made at some point recently in one of the patches, but I have to ask WHY?

In making the item 30 days and gone, you effectively eliminate any reason any character over level 17 would ever run the Sewers quests.

I suggest you revert this item back to a "forever" item. In doing so, you provide an incentive for level 40s to join in on the fun. Without it, lower level players will never find a group.

Better yet, turn Sigmar's Call into a permanent 5% xp and renown gain for 24 hours with a 72 hour CD. This will help incentivise max level players into the dungeon crawl.

Ads
carmine3161

Re: Sigmar's Call Item

Post#2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:05 am

Luuca wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:59 pm In completing my Sewers Quest and receiving my Sigmars Call item a few days ago, I noticed it had a 30 day duration. I was shocked, as I knew that the other 3 I had on my other characters was not on a 30 day expiration timer.

I logged in my AM to look and sure as s****, it had a 30d timer on it as well that had not been activated yet.

I am assuming this change was made at some point recently in one of the patches, but I have to ask WHY?
This seems to be a visual bug, I've noticed my Sigmars Call has a 30d duration as well but it hasn't started ticking down. I'd suggest making a post to the bug tracker with screenshots so it gets fixed.
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

Luuca

Post#3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:42 am

carmine3161 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:05 am
Luuca wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:59 pm In completing my Sewers Quest and receiving my Sigmars Call item a few days ago, I noticed it had a 30 day duration. I was shocked, as I knew that the other 3 I had on my other characters was not on a 30 day expiration timer.

This seems to be a visual bug, I've noticed my Sigmars Call has a 30d duration as well but it hasn't started ticking down. I'd suggest making a post to the bug tracker with screenshots so it gets fixed.

use it. after use, it starts to decay.

carmine3161

Post#4 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Luuca wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:42 am

Bugtracker it
My Videos My Twitch

Luuca

Post#5 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:50 pm

carmine3161 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:42 pm
Luuca wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:42 am

Bugtracker it
Done

Gangan

Post#6 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:42 pm

It was changed some time ago to have a decay

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=28163&p=319733&hilit=viper#p319733
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Luuca

Post#7 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Gangan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:42 pm It was changed some time ago to have a decay

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=28163&p=319733&hilit=viper#p319733
Hmm.. ya. september 1st 2018..

weird. I wonder why this change was made. AFAIK you can't get it a 2nd time...

carmine3161

Post#8 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:18 pm

Got confirmation that this is indeed intended to decay. Sigmar's Call and Viper's Return decay because they are just rewards from simple quests, players already have many thanks to previous events. This kind of teleport also makes guild scrolls useless, which we don't want.
My Videos My Twitch

Ads
Luuca

Post#9 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Okie Dokie.

Aisar

Post#10 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:51 pm

carmine3161 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:18 pm Got confirmation that this is indeed intended to decay. Sigmar's Call and Viper's Return decay because they are just rewards from simple quests, players already have many thanks to previous events. This kind of teleport also makes guild scrolls useless, which we don't want.
This is odd considering the fact that the Ancestor's Rune is a permanent teleport to KaK that comes from a simple quest entirely contained within the dwarven city. It requires zero effort too you literally run around the city a bunch hitting plaques it couldn't be any easier. No decay timer at all on it, it just lasts forever. Having Sigmar's Call be something that only ever lasts for 30 days and is gone forever is a bit of a slap in the face. No one wants to continue buying those dumb scrolls, it's so annoying. And it's 5 silver lol come on just get rid of the decay timer on the teleport item.
Last edited by Aisar on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.