Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Roadmap

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Luuca

RoR Roadmap

Post#1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:52 pm

I would like to suggest that the development team publish an anticipated combined roadmap for each category of the game; Class Balance, ORvR, SCs, Gear Sets, PvE, Cities etc.

I know that all of these items are discussed individually by members of the team here on the forums, but it would be nice to see a timeline with estimated release dates for specific class work or items, etc.

Clearly noone will be held to this strictly, but it may be a way to get people to understand the overarching plan and implementation scheme. I am fairly sure the team has a roadmap they are working off of, just asking for a view of it for the players to quell some unrest and provide some hope.

Thoughts?

Ads
Tesq

Re: RoR Roadmap

Post#2 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:09 pm

i think that the previously priority list is still on

navis

Post#3 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:42 pm

They always post updates of the project status when they know and have a plan.
I might suggest some 'feeler' discussions on the subject to try and determine the best plan of action, or simply try and test the worthiness of proposals.
We've come a long way, rvr rework, patcher, 2 dungeons open, etc... the list goes on forever.
So that would, of course, put the Fortress next but they stated they won't open them until they are fully satisfied with T4 rework, and that sounds right to me.
My own suggestion is to consider tweak to T4 to address topics of
Spoiler:
-realm balance and keep lord + minions (outnumbered)
-keep stars and impact and meaning in rvr
-resource gathering in rvr - concepts
-campaign extras

Sulorie

Post#4 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:33 am

Torquemadra wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:48 am ( p.s. it's not epilepsy inducing on rail 'birds' that fly from one keep to the other)
Oh, those were great for farming. <3 Sitting in praag at MP and waiting for all the flying renown was fun as underdog. But I get why they won't make a comeback.
Dying is no option.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:38 am

Ill add to this in a similar fashion as Torque in that I have no release dates to give as things can get stuck at any time and my time can be taken up my university. Nor do I really want to disclose what I am actively working on unless I know that its something I can deliver within a reasonable timeframe.

The reasoning behind this is simply that I do not want to hype up something that I cant deliver or something that may be very late. As such things that I work on should be announced when they are very close to done.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:33 pm

This is my rough roadmap, subject to change, additions, and modifications depending on who yells at me.

Beastlord is getting neutered as we have far more appropriate challenges available thanks to our hard-working dungeon-enabling staff gits. Killing lair bosses was fun, but it was a bandaid for a different problem. Dungeons and scripting make for much more appropriate challenges and rewards.
Rare Fortune is getting knocked down a tier, it's just not a challenge comparable to other sets. You get lucky, pay big, or get banned for afk farming? If you invested a ton of money in this set, well, you probably had a ton of money.
Redeye is getting bumped up just ahead of Anni/Merc and on par with RF (Redeye is far more accessible). If you haven't tried Gunbad, give it a shot. The loot mechanics are significantly better than live.
Onslaught will be joining Sentinel gear just ahead of Conq/Dom. Anyone that's picked up a full Onslaught set will attest to that difficulty (and fun?). It's "just" a PQ, but they're rough!

Anni/Merc? Conq/Dom? They're not changing much, everything revolves around those sets in early T4. Most of the small changes will be a few stat points here and there so they fit the calculations in order to bring all of the gear creep down to manageable levels. The new Vanquisher/Oppressor sets are probably going to be the last RvR/Scenario pair. Which also probably means that will be the high limit for scenario gear.

Near future things would be Forts, which means finishing Invader gear.
Spoiler:
After that I start looking at weapons...
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Vilhelmina

Post#7 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:10 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:33 pm ...If you haven't tried Gunbad, give it a shot. The loot mechanics are significantly better than live...
Cool! So everyone taking part will get a token to trade in for a piece of gear they need, kinda like Ruin gear?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:14 pm

Vilhelmina wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:10 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:33 pm ...If you haven't tried Gunbad, give it a shot. The loot mechanics are significantly better than live...
Cool! So everyone taking part will get a token to trade in for a piece of gear they need, kinda like Ruin gear?
Well, on live you could get gear that dropped for classes that weren't even present. It's not exactly a high bar to get over.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Nidwin

Post#9 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:29 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:33 pm Rare Fortune is getting knocked down a tier, it's just not a challenge comparable to other sets. You get lucky, pay big, or get banned for afk farming? If you invested a ton of money in this set, well, you probably had a ton of money.
That's a bit mean for folks who got it the proper way, who aren't dupers, hoarders or AFK farmers. :P
One small tier KD is fine as it would still remain an interesting set, or partially for templating, to put your hands on for some careers.

Looking forward. Thanks wargrimnir
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Glorian

Post#10 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:29 pm

The Dwarfs of Ekrund are really looking forward to these Gunbad Coins/Tokens to get the last pieces as we have several Gunbad burnouts already. :)
Having 5 Redeye Gloves won't get you fancy toward the lasses.

Apart from that, Onslaught going a step up sounding interesting. ATM they are good RvR Sets to have a shitload of wounds to begin with.