Recent Topics

Ads

Quality of Life Improvements: Like to have's

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
mursie

Quality of Life Improvements: Like to have's

Post#1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:29 pm

This list contains some general QoL improvements I've personally noticed:

1. oRvR keep vendors should sell heal/AP pots. When you die - you typically respawn at the keep location. These items are instrumental in oRvR gameplay and having them for sell at the vendors within the lakes you are competing makes sense.

2. oRvR keeps should have a renown respec trainer in addition to the career trainer that currently exists. My personal preference would be a respec for anywhere approach as was originally done with anywhere trainer. Barring that revert, having the trainers at the keep (both renown and mastery) would be a nice improvement

3. Quest givers within the SC's should accept and give sc quests. When I pick up a quest within a scenario, it would be nice to be able to return said quest to same quest giver within scenario the next time I enter it if I have successfully completed it. Running back to HQ city to turn in a pile of these quests is unfortunate and requires you to basically stand around said vendor in HQ city to conduct sc que's.

4. Scenarios should have a starting spawn vendor that sells healing/AP pots. much like #1 above, you are about to begin fighting, buying pots here would be nice.

5. All pvp gear (genesis included) is purchaseable through a universal PVP currency. currency is earned whether you PVP in sc's or open world. No separate currencies for purchasing oRvR gear vs. SC gear (vanquisher and oppessor). All gear is obtainable via one PVP currency earned by participating in any form of PVP on the server. This eliminates the RNG feel of genesis, the low pop unobtainable feel of NA primetime oRvR, and the bias of obtaining gear in a PVP element you may or may not prefer. All gear available for purchase via one universal PVP currency obtained by participating in PVP period - regardless of form.

6. A T4 level token available to level 16 players that graduate from T1 by leveling past 15. Since T2 through T4 are effectively merged, purchasing this token and immediately elevating rank from 16 to either T4 eligible 32 or 40 would greatly improve the new player experience that enters this game, rolls a toon and enjoys T1 experiences, and then hits level 16 and feels stuck in a slog abyss that does not move unless by a through a slow tedious grind (i do understand that EU players have this experience a little bit easier due to larger population availability).

more to come... i'll edit the list to inlcude additional points as they materialize.

Thanks all.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Quality of Life Improvements: Like to have's

Post#2 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:04 pm

mursie wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:29 pm This list contains some general QoL improvements I've personally noticed:

1. oRvR keep vendors should sell heal/AP pots. When you die - you typically respawn at the keep location. These items are instrumental in oRvR gameplay and having them for sell at the vendors within the lakes you are competing makes sense.

2. oRvR keeps should have a renown respec trainer in addition to the career trainer that currently exists. My personal preference would be a respec for anywhere approach as was originally done with anywhere trainer. Barring that revert, having the trainers at the keep (both renown and mastery) would be a nice improvement

3. Quest givers within the SC's should accept and give sc quests. When I pick up a quest within a scenario, it would be nice to be able to return said quest to same quest giver within scenario the next time I enter it if I have successfully completed it. Running back to HQ city to turn in a pile of these quests is unfortunate and requires you to basically stand around said vendor in HQ city to conduct sc que's.

4. Scenarios should have a starting spawn vendor that sells healing/AP pots. much like #1 above, you are about to begin fighting, buying pots here would be nice.

5. All pvp gear (genesis included) is purchaseable through a universal PVP currency. currency is earned whether you PVP in sc's or open world. No separate currencies for purchasing oRvR gear vs. SC gear (vanquisher and oppessor). All gear is obtainable via one PVP currency earned by participating in any form of PVP on the server. This eliminates the RNG feel of genesis, the low pop unobtainable feel of NA primetime oRvR, and the bias of obtaining gear in a PVP element you may or may not prefer. All gear available for purchase via one universal PVP currency obtained by participating in PVP period - regardless of form.

6. A T4 level token available to level 16 players that graduate from T1 by leveling past 15. Since T2 through T4 are effectively merged, purchasing this token and immediately elevating rank from 16 to either T4 eligible 32 or 40 would greatly improve the new player experience that enters this game, rolls a toon and enjoys T1 experiences, and then hits level 16 and feels stuck in a slog abyss that does not move unless by a through a slow tedious grind (i do understand that EU players have this experience a little bit easier due to larger population availability).

more to come... i'll edit the list to inlcude additional points as they materialize.

Thanks all.
Every one of these have reasons why they're not getting implemented.

1+4: If you engage in RvR or join a scenario without having potions, that's not a game design fault, it's yours. Prepare better.
2: We went through a bit of difficulty to ensure people were not able to change specs easily, for reasons.
3: The quest turn in spot is in the capital city specifically to encourage players in one spot, outside of RvR, to congregate. It works largely as intended and was not a mistake.
5: Different gear is awarded for different content. We're happy with this. Genesis is absolutely intended beyond a shadow of a doubt to be an RNG pain in the ass to acquire, we've talked about this repeatedly if you want to search for it.
6: We're not interested in the slightest at any kind of free leveling system.

If you have any more suggestions, we probably have heard it, thought about it, and decided against it. You might even find some of our musings here on the forums.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Skullgrin

Post#3 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:10 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:54 pm Image

You ARE working on Juggernaut of Khorne mount for me tho, right???

:lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

ChicagoJoe

Post#4 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:11 pm

Pretty reasonable list - especially SC quest return and being able to respec, but I think they have their reasons for their design. I think in general they have made good strategic decisions.
Last edited by ChicagoJoe on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

mursie

Post#5 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:11 pm

=). Well thanks for the responses guys.

I did hope the title conveyed correctly that these were QoL asks. I.E - like to have's. By no means am I saying that your current system is a game design fault. Just QoL changes that would be nice to have.

It appears these QoL's have been reviewed previously and weighed upon. So be it. Appreciate you taking the time to give your reasons on these matters again.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:18 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:10 pm
Torquemadra wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:54 pm Image

You ARE working on Juggernaut of Khorne mount for me tho, right???

:lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:
My puppy?
Spoiler:
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Skullgrin

Post#7 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:35 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:18 pm My puppy?
Spoiler:

Exactly!

My goal is to get everyone playing Chaos to whisper "Juggernaut of Khorne" to Torque whenever they see him, thus driving him insane, and he will then put it in the game just to shut everyone up about it. :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

adamthelc

Post#8 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:17 pm

5 and 6 dont seem like QoL issues.

The trainer thing would be nice, maybe not in scneraios but somewhere. But it sounds like they have reasons to not do it.

Ads
Fey

Post#9 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:00 am

2nd try at posting. QoL changes include pet despawn and clunky class mechanics consuming a global. Let's allow the team to focus on actual problems.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Danord
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:52 am

Fey wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:00 am 2nd try at posting. QoL changes include pet despawn and clunky class mechanics consuming a global. Let's allow the team to focus on actual problems.
You mean unplayable orvr due to lag?