Recent Topics

Ads

EXP is Atrocious, and for no good reasons.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Re: EXP is Atrocious, and for no good reasons.

Post#31 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:50 pm

leveling is painful. i mostly do it on drugs and music to get in the trance of nonstop grindin, most of the times i stop at around 300 mobs and i call it a night, then repeat until u hit 40
Last edited by Kabuterimonga on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

Ads
Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#32 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:01 pm

Natherul wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:04 am
Now theres also the argument that if people were given XP or insta 40 they would also not have the same chance of learning how to play their character. I would be the first to admit that I personally dont like leveling in any game (RoR included) BUT I would never want it to be too speedy or instant.
Learning to play character is not based on how many quest or mobs you killed to get to 40. To me, it's based on how many pvp encounters you experience. When you are +16 you get the unfairness of facing high level players that will kill you in a matter of seconds, how is this fun? how does this improve my learning? For things like this the game needs a boost in experience from 16 to 40. It can be such as from 1 - 16 stay as it is now and from 16 to 40 make it High Rates.

In regards of how is leveling right now, it's the most weird i've ever seen in an MMO, trash mobs respawn in no more than a minute, so you can just stay in a small zone and farm mobs without even gettin to know the entire zone, no need to, it's faster this way.

I truly feel boosting exp gained from kills, pvp quest and zone locks at +16 rvr lakes it's the way to go.
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

Fey

Post#33 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Leveling in this game is baby-town frolics. I've said it a dozen times, go try Freeshard Daoc for five minutes. Then you'll have a reason to complain. If you can't handle the grind here go back to WoW.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

szejoza

Post#34 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:20 pm

I honestly think more players/devs should encourage people to go back to WoW/whatever else game
Spoiler:

DanielWinner

Post#35 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Stick to constructive feedback please so it will increase your chances to be heard.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Jbz

Post#36 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:40 pm

double xp for killing players higher rank than you?

mursie

Post#37 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:13 am It was just a reminder, to underline that it was much harder before to lvl a character.

In my very honnest opinion, spending a week to be 40/40 in a MMORPG is not the end of the world.

About fun starting at lvl 40 and with all my respect. How many post from players saying they delete and reroll when reaching lvl 16, saying there is no fun after it ? So where is truth through subjectivity? Some will argue fun starts when rr80 full geared. Imo fun starts when you decide.

You will ask for choice to be insta 40. And if we go this way, some other will complain being 40/1 is stupid. Then we will set 40/40. And some will complain that they are naked. Then we will introduce 40/40 + decent free gear, and then, some will complain some players are 40/80 blablabla, and in the end of this escalation, everybody will complain, this game is boring because nothing to do.

Progression is a big part of the project we will have to focus on when possible, but we can't focus on everything in the same time, and i don't think we are slacking.

On a positive touch, repeatable RvR quests are actually in the study to fit more to merged tier system which is not the case actually (a lvl 16 can't take any rvr quest in T3+ which is a problem at some level).
I really wish you would read my post on page 1. I understand your points above. And I understand the importance of progression. What I don't understand, especially during the very slow periods of NA activity (a population that desperately needs to grow) is the need for mindless leveling in a dead area of population via snoozefest pve for levels 16 to 31. These are the "dead" levels that are no longer t1 eligible but are a detriment in the combined T4 campaign and are ineligible to que for t4 scenarios (you need to be lvl 32 to que for t4 sc's where an active population exists).

I would encourage this "dead" level zone be looked at (levels 16 to 31) and either sped up via a scroll boost or some other means. the rest of the project and the progression in place with gunbad, sentinel, orvr, sc's, etc... is working as intended. well done.

mogt

Post#38 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:47 pm

why the people crying lveling is to slow, is fast enough, the players must learn to be patience, as eg, if the players are go instant to lvl 40, they dont learn how play the char and what is then?? they cry because they die instanly, the players must learn to lvl ind then learn their char to play. and in this game, all is fine

Ads
Luuca

Post#39 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Id like to see some set progression wards in t2, t3, that are requirements for t4 gear. In this way we would have set goals in each tier leading to better tier-level gear sets that are required for T4 sets. A ward system of sorts. it could be a mix of PVE PQs, SC gear/RR, and ORvR Influence.

Feru
Suspended

Post#40 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:06 pm

szejoza wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:20 pm I honestly think more players/devs should encourage people to go back to WoW/whatever else game
wow vanilla is ready in 6/7 months, camelot unchain in 2/3 years, devs and "testers" should encourage ppl to play war-->aor, motivate ppl to play ror --> revolution of reckoning can be more difficult to sell to old war players, but for younglings... maybe its the future!?