Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Ugle

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#91 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:43 am

JustDust wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:20 pm that -30% dmg isn't really neccessary on that tactic, after they removed our 100% dmg moral. I think its a relic from that time, like many other sw skills, balanced around that 100%, and not looked at it enough after removing it. That was the design around sw class, assist dps who can burst sometimes. right now sw is an assist dps with nothing else going for it. the slitghtly more utility we have is neglectable.
Actually it is a relic from the blanket aoe dmg nerf from live. A road kill from overperforming bw/sorcs in the early days of the game. Still 100% unneccesary, as the tactic requirement in itself was the natural drawback.
inactive

Ads
Tesq

Post#92 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:52 am

Ugle wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:43 am
JustDust wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:20 pm that -30% dmg isn't really neccessary on that tactic, after they removed our 100% dmg moral. I think its a relic from that time, like many other sw skills, balanced around that 100%, and not looked at it enough after removing it. That was the design around sw class, assist dps who can burst sometimes. right now sw is an assist dps with nothing else going for it. the slitghtly more utility we have is neglectable.
Actually it is a relic from the blanket aoe dmg nerf from live. A road kill from overperforming bw/sorcs in the early days of the game. Still 100% unneccesary, as the tactic requirement in itself was the natural drawback.

I have to agree still 2 skill for the same role with 2 tactic very similar 1 mastery the other core for do aoe,.skirmish need some cosistency and less redundancy.

jasonX
Suspended

Post#93 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:13 pm

No updates for the SW class on this patch as well.... The more people get invader the weakest this class becomes..... Can any dev please make any kind of statement here? 4k+ views and over 90 comments.... there is way 2 much feedback in here. I know that no dev plays a SW but that is no reason to abandon this class....
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Warfare80

Post#94 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:59 am

Agree,throw us a bone here! :)
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Gracely

Post#95 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:41 pm

It'd better be a BIG bone. Bump.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#96 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:10 pm

jasonX wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:13 pm No updates for the SW class on this patch as well.... The more people get invader the weakest this class becomes..... Can any dev please make any kind of statement here? 4k+ views and over 90 comments.... there is way 2 much feedback in here. I know that no dev plays a SW but that is no reason to abandon this class....
Your conclusion is essentially to buff Scout and Skirmish damage by 8-12% and you used a lot of words to get there. We do read stuff like this. It's not a secret that the ranged specs on SW are behind the curve at later stages of the game, we don't intend to leave the class as-is forever.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

jasonX
Suspended

Post#97 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:00 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:10 pm
Your conclusion is essentially to buff Scout and Skirmish damage by 8-12% and you used a lot of words to get there. We do read stuff like this. It's not a secret that the ranged specs on SW are behind the curve at later stages of the game, we don't intend to leave the class as-is forever.
<3 :)
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

DanielWinner

Post#98 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:32 am

I have something better than mindless damage increase without looking at mirror class which also struggles.
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=31341
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
lolec22

Post#99 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:03 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:32 am I have something better than mindless damage increase without looking at mirror class which also struggles.
I like your idea in point about Scout Stance it will make this tree really compact and can give more than simply dmg boost. But for Skimish loose of range increase component will make this tree unplayable. Right now it lacks of escape mechanics and it's difficult to counter mdps and any other non rdps class once they caught you in melee range (or 65ft in some case). 98ft plus mobility of Skirmish gives posibility to just kite and avoid being caught and shorter range will make Skirmish SW even more vunerable than it is right now. But still 20% increased armor penetration can became good way to make SW little better than it is right now.

jasonX
Suspended

Post#100 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:46 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:32 am I have something better than mindless damage increase without looking at mirror class which also struggles.
I agree with Lolec. The basic range of skirmish spells is very low and combined with the absence of mobility will definitely make the tree unplayable. Both skill trees should get a boost somehow. Adding 20% armor penetration on powerful draw may do the trick. Scout could benefit from a further increase in range to meet the range of magus and engi at 120-130 ft. Perhaps that range increase should come as an addition on the No quarter tactic which is already high in the scout tree.
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer