Recent Topics

Ads

[Bastion Stair] Tactics and Feedback.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: [Bastion Stair] Tactics and Feedback.

Post#21 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:29 pm

Lors slaurith are will be more rewarding and try to kill him without standing in the colored aura will be less rewarding for next patch .

We are also look at something that will teleport you to the latest boss killed .

Aggro is an issue on which boss ? Cause many boss drop Aggro on main tank so second tank need to take back Aggro at this moment
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
xarax

Post#22 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:29 am

Grunbag wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:29 pm Aggro is an issue on which boss ? Cause many boss drop Aggro on main tank so second tank need to take back Aggro at this moment
i will keep an eye on it on next run. Normally we could handle it with second tank. But there were a few times were our SH had to stop doing dmg because tanks were not able to catch up in time even with just spamming aggro style. (Mostly on minibosses)
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

fungame211

Post#23 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:30 am

Grunbag wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:29 pm Lors slaurith are will be more rewarding and try to kill him without standing in the colored aura will be less rewarding for next patch .

We are also look at something that will teleport you to the latest boss killed .

Aggro is an issue on which boss ? Cause many boss drop Aggro on main tank so second tank need to take back Aggro at this moment
For example, basically because right wing Ulfr Daemonblessed resets aggro a lot and does A LOT of damage along with the skulls, it messes up a lot of groups. Ulfr can be way harder than the final boss from mid wing.

It's interesting for a DPS and Healer to need to know how to tank tbh and face Ulfr away from the party when the main tank losses aggro and the off tank losses it as well, but the problem is not many people have aggro meter. Even with two competent tanks, the DPS or healer has to tank Ulfr for a bit if the DPS/healer takes aggro UNTIL you get stunned so the tanks can get aggro bank from Ulfr (because aggro resets when you get stunned by bosses)

Overall, Bastion is do-able. Just get a lot of Wounds to be honest so even as a DPS/Healer you can tank bosses (Like around 7k-8k which is really easy to get). It's not that bad, and if nerfs are happening it should probably be a shave.

wonshot

Post#24 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:12 am

4th clear and full sets 24th june after Colorboss fixes

Kotbs maintank (aggro tactic + discord)
kotbs offtank (aggro tactic + discord) - New core group member and 2 full runs behind rest of the group in terms of inf
runepriest healer (aggro tactic + discord)
runepriest healer (aggro tactic + discord)
Slayer dps (aggro tactic + discord)
Bw dps (aggro tactic + discord)

Left wing:
Sometimes after killing the Wolves the root debuff still remains on who ever is getting pulled on the wing-end boss. And we just play it safe and wait untill the timer on the root expires. nothing major, but i guess not intended? We play around it by moving the boss around to not be near the wolves as they die, but tanks being in range of a healer if a healer got pulled and 30sec rooted.

Right wing:
"Colorboss"
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/443073815?t=00h32m25s (recording of how we approched it with our normal strategy and adapting to the colors working on the fly- took a few wipes)

So first of all we used to do this mechanic without paying any attention to the colors apart from the bloodpulse.
Now we adapted to only using the orange pool, but i did hear the healers commenting on they saw big green numbers in blue?
Tanking him inside purple didnt seem to affect our tanks tankiness, nor the boss taking more damage so we ignored it.

Right now this boss seems to be the hardest in the dungeon, but very doable from our groups point of view. Maybe add a snare + attackspeed debuff when he is inside purple to give melee dps a chance to move out of a bloodpule spawning under them, giving the encounter more of a reason to be tanked inside purple? just an idea. maybe not needed

Middlewing:
First miniboss with the statues;
The aggro reset on the punt seemed annoying for our tanks, since eventually the dps would be so high on total aggro that after the tank and maintank had been punted away, they had so much of an aggroclimb to do to catch up and overtake.
However we had the slayer parry tank for a while and the miniboss is very doable. Just annoying for tanking i guess.

Juganaut boss put our groupmembers inside the jail for the first time, twice. yesterday and we assume it was because we didnt kill the adds quick enough. first time we experienced this mechanics.

Basicly Bastionstairs is now on "farm" for our group, we did the full instance in about 3hours and 10min. We are dreading each weekend run, as that is when we have this much time available to run it. We struggled to find WP/Dok for the group initially as the set was just not appealing for lol-dps WP in our guild.
ANY sort of reduction in the influence grind would be greatly appreacated, as the fun and excitment is long over now and this truely feels like a chore.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Panodil

Post#25 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:05 am

Get a melee dok/wp as 2nd heal and you can shave around one hour off the time. Skipping trash also great way to save time, no seeds anyway yet.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#26 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:03 am

With 2 tanks you can easily take Aggro from lord slaurith when he is in the bloodpulse
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Panodil

Post#27 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:59 am

Grunbag wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:03 am With 2 tanks you can easily take Aggro from lord slaurith when he is in the bloodpulse
Yeah, just have 2nd tank ready to run in to the bloodpulse, maybe standing around rdps and healers. One tick of the pulse is like 20 taunts so only way to get aggro of dps/heals is to get hit by bloodpulse
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

xarax

Post#28 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:27 pm

4th run today:

2 Tank Chosen, 1 Squig Herder, 1 Magus, 1 Heal Shaman, 1 Heal DoK

We started the left wing with me as melee heal dok. We had to adept our tactic for the endboss this time a little bit due to aggro and range for me as melee heal, but managed after 3th try. Rest of the the wing was super smooth.

Then we went right wing.
Both mini bosses were aggro ping pong, but our tanks managed it somehow. I think only 1 dmg stop from SH to avoid getting aggro. Rest was fine.
We were not able to kill the end boss right wing with me as melee heal dok. It seems the heal was just not enough due to avoid getting aggro and running around the whole time.
(sometimes blood of my blood didnt do any heal at all even if people are low on health and in range, while i got the dmg for using it)

We had like 7 wipes there. Then i respecced to heal and we killed it first try while our shaman died at 70%...

Middle wing i went as heal and was smooth without any wipes. (but we could be faster i think when i would go as melee heal)

We cleared within 3h15min, lost most of the time at right wing end boss.

But the message stays the same. It is just too time consuming for the 7th slot. (with nearly 3h at 16 runs)
And the first people start thinking to just reach the first influence weapon and then never go back...
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Ads
wonshot

Post#29 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:14 pm

30-06-2019

Whyyy is this a thing?!
https://imgur.com/a/vYD1TPW
The very second we killed the boss i got this popup messange and I now have to pug whole leftwing to get my influence, or be out of sync with my group. Is there ANY reason this is even a needed mechanic that people dead on the ground are forcing wipes when bosses could still be killed?

Apart from that we are experiencing several zone-lock freezes that is creating additional wipes for us today. And now a Server restart when we have "color boss" 8min into the fight and at 25%. sigh.

Same setup, full clear. took around 4 hours with crashes, wipes and 30min of server restarting. Ring wing end boss as we call "color boss" took most of our wipes and time.

Colorboss damage numbers:
full combustion fireball crit outside of any circles: 500 roughly
full combustion fireball crit while i stand in orange circle: 800 roughly
full combustion fireball crit while i stand in orange and boss is tanked in purple: 900.

The boss is taking slightly too long to kill, it feels.

will update this post if any buggs occure, but atleast this pain will be over with in a month.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Hargrim
Developer

Post#30 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:31 pm

It is a thing because you are supposed to not slack and add something to the party effort.