Recent Topics

Ads

Reikland Factory 4th Flag Feedback Thread.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
dalen
Developer

Re: Reikland Factory 4th Flag Feedback Thread.

Post#31 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:12 pm

It would be nice to move the order quest giver as well to the new spawn point so you can take the quest before the scenario starts instead of during the scenario.

In regards to the new BO I think most of the fights there end up pretty crappy with a tank sitting on the flag healed by a healer standing near the guards.

If you want a fourth flag I think there's more interesting spots for it, like up on the railway tracks for example.
Source Developer

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#32 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:23 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:07 am I wonder, does the people send letters to Alexey Pajitnov to make Tetris more like Mario Bros, or just play the Mario Bros when they want to play the Mario Bros instead of forcing the developer to make the Tetris more like Mario Bros when games like Mario Bros exist and they are more than welcome to play them?
I see what you're saying, I just think that people feel the map was sufficient with 3 flags as it was. 4th flag must have been removed for a reason, and many are just concerned that yet another flag will result in even more PvE/cardiovascular adventure play than is already the case in 90% of scenarios.

Akilinus

Post#33 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:24 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:07 am I wonder, does the people send letters to Alexey Pajitnov to make Tetris more like Mario Bros, or just play the Mario Bros when they want to play the Mario Bros instead of forcing the developer to make the Tetris more like Mario Bros when games like Mario Bros exist and they are more than welcome to play them?
What are you implying?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

CountTalabecland

Post#34 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:43 pm

I never minded the flags, it requires the team to coordinate and do more than simply blob against the other side. Why should every scen just be 12 v12 arena fight? At least the flags give the underdog (in most pugs one side is way weaker than the other, rarely an even fight) something to do other than sit in the wc if they don’t win the initial 12v12 fight. If you can be quick enough, you can pull off a win if the other side fails to adapt and play the objective of the scenario. What is wrong with that?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

TenTonHammer

Post#35 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:19 pm

The previous 3 flag system was fine it broke the mid flag blob well enough and allowed for more tactical play along with 1v1 or other small scale fights

The 4th flag feels unnecessary

Hargrim
Developer

Post#36 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:14 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:23 pm
I see what you're saying, I just think that people feel the map was sufficient with 3 flags as it was. 4th flag must have been removed for a reason, and many are just concerned that yet another flag will result in even more PvE/cardiovascular adventure play than is already the case in 90% of scenarios.

Why people bothered by cardiovascular adventures won’t just queue SCs where this is not an issue?

peterthepan3

Post#37 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:14 pm

Why people bothered by cardiovascular adventures won’t just queue SCs where this is not an issue?
Oh, they do, when such scenarios are actually in the rotation. Few and far between.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#38 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:27 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Oh, they do, when such scenarios are actually in the rotation. Few and far between.

Well, the rotation is random and all SCs since always were objective based, more or less. So either accept that you play tetris, or find mario bros that do what you want it to do and play it.

This is regardless of bringing back the 4th flag to that SC.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#39 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:27 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Well, the rotation is random and all SCs since always were objective based, more or less. So either accept that you play tetris, or find mario bros that do what you want it to do and play it.

This is regardless of bringing back the 4th flag to that SC.
Opted for the latter approach for a month or so now, so rest assured - I'm not trying to force any changes to our beloved flag adventures.

I'm just saying that some people may be opposed to yet more objectives if the map was already fine as it was, as it has the potential to promote yet more avoiding of PvP. Just my 2c.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#40 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:56 pm

This type of gameplay was always objective based. You did PvP not for the sake of PvP but to complete the objective. If you can do that without any PvP it’s still part of objective based gameplay.