Recent Topics

Ads

[Scenario] Make Domination kick in more when needed

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Tankbeardz

Re: [Scenario] Make Domination kick in more when needed

Post#41 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:37 pm

wachlarz wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:26 pm
Osred wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:15 pm
wachlarz wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:46 am The final result will be: now premade farm pug ppl every 10 m, new briliant idea ppl will be farmer every 5 m duo premade sc will be 5m long. Very motivating system to play sc
Have you read the thread at all? :lol:

He's arguing in favour of helping the losing side with an olive branch to fight back and turn the tide in the losing sides favour.
And U read what will be end of change of this mechanic ? U will be fight 2x more often with premade. Sc will be 5 m long. And ppl dont like be farmed so they stop play sc.

Explain me how this help losing side and sc Play at all ?
This helps them get out of the SC faster when they are sitting around doing nothing instead of getting farmed. How is that not a Win/Win situation?

The winning side doesn't want to sit in a SC, like Logrins Forge, for 15 minutes camping someone who can't fight back (enough to even get 1 kill or capture 1 point) any more than the losing side wants to sit there for 15 minutes being farmed or sitting in the warcamp. Dom wasn't working appropriately because of the death requirement and now it's fixed. I was on both sides of this yesterday and I got more pops in an hour than I did in a few days...so I have no complaints.

If you have bright ideas about how to make SCs better, put them in a suggestion thread or move on.

Ads
adamthelc

Re: [Scenario] Make Domination kick in more when needed

Post#42 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:22 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:13 pm You're not gonna get people out of the WC who's gona loose the fight nomather if you have a bolster or not. The only way to get em out if there is if there's anything to gain from it. Like a chance to turn the a big loss into a miniscule one. You need better rewards for loosing less and you need better score for playing the objectives.

I know this is exactly the opposite of what you want out of this. But you will never get those players out if the WC if they don't feel they have a chance to win the match.
Sometimes people give up, sometimes they get farmed, doesnt really matter. Everyone has probably been in countless matches that have no business continuing to play out. It wastes the time of all involved.

Everyone should want to more accurately and promptly identify these situations. If I understand it correctly, the point of this thread is to try and brainstorm ideas to that end, or at least put forth specific ideas to that end. I think there is a reasonable assumption that everyone would want this, which is why it's kind of weird some people seem to have a problem with it.