Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion for the future

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Stortz

Suggestion for the future

Post#1 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:40 pm

please
remove any PVE farming for gear
let us buy any of the lost vale/ blood / bile/ tomb of the hitbox lord with gold/ medallions

this game should be pure PVP, the only reason there were lock outs and PVE farming was to grab the WoW audience and to keep people subscribing for longer time.

We have an opportunity for something amazing, having this amazing game with pure RVR.

I also would like to take this post to congratulate the devs on this emulator, it's crazy how good this is, getting real good vibes from this project and hope to see more people coming back to play.

Ads
lilsabin

Re: Suggestion for the future

Post#2 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:50 pm

lol , no this game shouldnt be pure pvp , we allready discussed that , now if u need reasons why... go inform yourself on what is a MMORPG .

Morf

Post#3 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:39 pm

Stortz wrote:please
remove any PVE farming for gear
let us buy any of the lost vale/ blood / bile/ tomb of the hitbox lord with gold/ medallions

this game should be pure PVP, the only reason there were lock outs and PVE farming was to grab the WoW audience and to keep people subscribing for longer time.

We have an opportunity for something amazing, having this amazing game with pure RVR.

I also would like to take this post to congratulate the devs on this emulator, it's crazy how good this is, getting real good vibes from this project and hope to see more people coming back to play.
I agree with you but when the loot tables are correct the pve farming you see now will be a thing of the past, we just gota deal with it until then.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Dana
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:54 am

Droptables and lootlists are bugged but that's no reason to turn the game into a pure PvP game. Sure PvP is the main reason people play WAR but there are also other people who like PvE.
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

Stortz

Post#5 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:17 pm

Dana wrote:Droptables and lootlists are bugged but that's no reason to turn the game into a pure PvP game. Sure PvP is the main reason people play WAR but there are also other people who like PvE.
then you guys could remove lock out timers

Stortz

Post#6 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:21 pm

lilsabin wrote:lol , no this game shouldnt be pure pvp , we allready discussed that , now if u need reasons why... go inform yourself on what is a MMORPG .
tell me then, my dear warcraft player
have you killed the vulture lord?
have you seen how shitty that fight is
you wanna know what's the best part of that pyramid is? when you got invaded by the opposite faction in your instance

Dana
Former Staff

Post#7 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:07 am

Stortz wrote:
lilsabin wrote:lol , no this game shouldnt be pure pvp , we allready discussed that , now if u need reasons why... go inform yourself on what is a MMORPG .
tell me then, my dear warcraft player
have you killed the vulture lord?
have you seen how shitty that fight is
you wanna know what's the best part of that pyramid is? when you got invaded by the opposite faction in your instance
I like it.
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

Vampire

Post#8 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:36 am

What a stupid idea.

Ads
Aquilon

Post#9 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:53 am

Vampire wrote:What a stupid idea.
Not at all. The only problem is - it would be much less things to do in WAR.

So, this brilliant idea implicates major game overhaul.
Means determine end.

Luth

Post#10 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:09 am

Stortz wrote: you wanna know what's the best part of that pyramid is? when you got invaded by the opposite faction in your instance
Yeah, getting raped with your pve optimised group (1 tank, 1 healer, 4 dds) by a 2/2/2 setup was really the best part. :D
Seriously, those tovl invasions were never balanced; most times it was just ganking and easy renown + bags for the invaders and lots of frustration for the defenders.
Imo as a defender it didn't really was more fun, than getting wiped by a buggy boss.

I think only at the beginning of WAR, pve items were better than pvp stuff (lost vale 4tw). With the introduction of scenario weapons and the pvp "glyph sets" it was very easy to get decend gear.

It will also be very difficult for the pve community, to do tovl for a long time on this server. You can't just run in with blue gear and no wards. Everyone has to do every instance/dungeon from the beginning over and over again to gather wards and gear. And even then it will be more difficult, as just running through with rr80+ gear.

Imo this is self balancing:
PvE players get gear without rr requirement and don't get any renown ranks at all while farming PvE. PvP players get renown ranks (+ points to spend) and easy gear through tokens, that is equal and mostly even better than PvE stuff*.

* Some tovl glyph sets are a little better for some classes and i'm not talking about buggy soulweapon crap here.