Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage rebalancing.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Detangler

Re: Rampage rebalancing.

Post#41 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:17 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:58 pm
kmark101 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:24 pm This "proposal" is a clear example why people should be restricted to post one. OP is extremely biased or simply clueless to the point that it makes no sense to even react to his mumbling.

"With the push of a button"? Really OP? So go push that button and see what happens. Oh so it's greyed out and you can't push it because you need to be in combat for a while first? You know, in combat in melee, where you get randomly pulled by choppa spam showing your back to everyone while flying, or in combat where a meatball stomps on your head for 1k+ hits spam? Yea right... so now eventually got your hits down to 20%, you can finally push that 1 button and you can start smashing everything... oh wait, you just lost your rage and your skills do approx 200 damage per hit on those tanks again for 10 seconds... but RAMPAGE... damnit it almost ran out now since its 20 seconds duration and you spent the first 10 seconds of it trying to survive in melee for rage or spent it in the various forms of cc's/flying/knocked to the crap.

So yes, OP, do it, push that 1 button and stfu.
This is probably the worst take in this thread. If you were paying attention, the OP is a Order KOTBS player and not biased to nerfing Slayer.

If you can't figure out how to swing for more then 200 damage on a slayer, while you are getting hit by Squigs for 1k, that sounds like a player problem. I know plenty of Slayers who can figure out how to deal more then 200 damage.

Please Note: I'd say the exact same thing if you said Choppa, and in fact, in the GTDC thread, I've said similar things to Choppa players who make bad arguments. This is not about destro vs order, this is about not using emotionally charged hyperbole and anecdotal evidence to try and "prove" a point. The only thing you've proven thus far, is that either you are making a bad faith argument, or you don't understand what you are speaking about.
Agree with this guy 100%.

And to completely counter the dudes argument about his post with actual tactics, it took me all of like 2 scenarios on my baby slayer to figure out that you:

1. Throw your axe at something.
2. Hide behind tanks for 5 seconds, maybe kill anything that runs thru.
3. Pop rampage and then charge in.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
teiloh

Post#42 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:19 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:17 pm
kmark101 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:24 pm This "proposal" is a clear example why people should be restricted to post one. OP is extremely biased or simply clueless to the point that it makes no sense to even react to his mumbling.

"With the push of a button"? Really OP? So go push that button and see what happens. Oh so it's greyed out and you can't push it because you need to be in combat for a while first? You know, in combat in melee, where you get randomly pulled by choppa spam showing your back to everyone while flying, or in combat where a meatball stomps on your head for 1k+ hits spam? Yea right... so now eventually got your hits down to 20%, you can finally push that 1 button and you can start smashing everything... oh wait, you just lost your rage and your skills do approx 200 damage per hit on those tanks again for 10 seconds... but RAMPAGE... damnit it almost ran out now since its 20 seconds duration and you spent the first 10 seconds of it trying to survive in melee for rage or spent it in the various forms of cc's/flying/knocked to the crap.

So yes, OP, do it, push that 1 button and stfu.
This is probably the worst take in this thread. If you were paying attention, the OP is a Order KOTBS player and not biased to nerfing Slayer.

If you can't figure out how to swing for more then 200 damage on a slayer, while you are getting hit by Squigs for 1k, that sounds like a player problem. I know plenty of Slayers who can figure out how to deal more then 200 damage.

Please Note: I'd say the exact same thing if you said Choppa, and in fact, in the GTDC thread, I've said similar things to Choppa players who make bad arguments. This is not about destro vs order, this is about not using emotionally charged hyperbole and anecdotal evidence to try and "prove" a point. The only thing you've proven thus far, is that either you are making a bad faith argument, or you don't understand what you are speaking about.

And to completely counter the dudes argument about his post with actual tactics, it took me all of like 2 scenarios on my baby slayer to figure out that you:

So you're hiding for 5 seconds and at green after 5 seconds, in the meantime Destro blob has dealt 30,000-40,000 damage in 3 GCDs.

kmark101

Post#43 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:19 pm

Here we go, another expert. I was paying attention. OP proposed to nerf an ability that he has no clue about how it works and what the pre-requisities are. I don't care what he plays or what is in his signature. He wanted to nerf it because its too good against tanks, with a dream method of "pushing a button". That's exactly what he said, that's how it is written there.

In reality its good ability, but you need to work hard to profit from it. You need to plan. You need to time it. You need to build it, you need to work on it and then, after all these, you can have great results. Isn't this the dream scenario that we are supposedly looking for in every good abilities in the game? Good abilities should work in this spirit, but instead of that path you just want to nerf. You want to make it weaker, you want the players not work/plan/play for it. This is the path of the dark side that leads to such shameful abominations of a class like mSH.

TBH I don't give a damn about choppas or GTDC, its another discussion and all I care they can have their fun. I don't play a choppa so I don't know the downsides of the skill, however I do know the downsides of rampage, which you guys clearly forget in the name of "if you would pay more attention" madeup crap and your clueless suggestions.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Detangler

Post#44 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:22 pm

teiloh wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:16 pm
Detangler wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:07 pm Using warband spec and gear, I run about 33% block and 80-ish% parry. And rampage gets to negate all of that.
So basically, it means you take some more guard damage from having your blocks ignored, 50% more to be exact assuming no defense penetration. You'll probably be hit with a 10 or 15% block reducer though so it's closer to 30% more. Otherwise you're probably the last target anyone is going for anyway.

Not a big deal. Just give Slayers Chop Fasta instead of Rampage I guess.
Not a big deal that my 80% parry is completely negated as well? All the damage I'm taking is not blocked or parried. All the guard damage im taking is not blocked or parried. Its a helluva lot more damage taken you realize. Rampage is too cheap to spec for, too effective, and lasts for too long.
Destro - Mostly Harmless

Detangler

Post#45 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:24 pm

teiloh wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:19 pm
Detangler wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:17 pm

So you're hiding for 5 seconds and at green after 5 seconds, in the meantime Destro blob has dealt 30,000-40,000 damage in 3 GCDs.
Edited. I'm not gonna go there.

If going back to green was such a big deal as a "tradeoff" for rampage, then why does every slayer and order player defend it? Its 25% damage, pretty sure you'll still do just fine dropping out of yellow for 5 whole seconds. If going green for 5 seconds is such a big deal then slot tactics to not drop rage.
Last edited by Detangler on Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destro - Mostly Harmless

teiloh

Post#46 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:27 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:22 pm
Detangler wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:07 pm Using warband spec and gear, I run about 33% block and 80-ish% parry. And rampage gets to negate all of that.
So basically, it means you take some more guard damage from having your blocks ignored, 50% more to be exact assuming no defense penetration. You'll probably be hit with a 10 or 15% block reducer though so it's closer to 30% more. Otherwise you're probably the last target anyone is going for anyway.

Not a big deal that my 80% parry is completely negated as well? All the damage I'm taking is not blocked or parried. All the guard damage im taking is not blocked or parried. Its a helluva lot more damage taken you realize. Rampage is too cheap to spec for, too effective, and lasts for too long.
If you have significant uptime on that 80% parry, Rampage might not be the thing that should be looked at for a nerf imo.

Detangler

Post#47 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:30 pm

teiloh wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:27 pm
Detangler wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:22 pm

If you have significant uptime on that 80% parry, Rampage might not be the thing that should be looked at for a nerf imo.
Nerf Chosen!! Chosen are OP!! Lol k.
Destro - Mostly Harmless

Foofmonger

Post#48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:37 pm

kmark101 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:19 pm
TBH I don't give a damn about choppas or GTDC, its another discussion and all I care they can have their fun. I don't play a choppa so I don't know the downsides of the skill, however I do know the downsides of rampage, which you guys clearly forget in the name of "if you would pay more attention" madeup crap and your clueless suggestions.
What you don't give a damn about is balancing the game. All you give a damn about is retaining what power you have and not getting nerfed.

The person nobody is taking seriously is you. Your narrow and biased worldview where you only care about the classes that you play and that you are personally effected if they get changed is not worth reading.

The point I tried to explain to you is that we are attempting to have a discussion. Instead of contributing to the discussion, you are doing the same thing that lazy Choppa players are doing in the GTDC thread "NO DONT NURF MAH STUFF CUZ I LIKE IT AND U NO KNO ABOUT IT"

Cool story bro. Nobody cares. We're having a balance discussion here. Most of us know how Rampage works, but thank you for assuming that you know what we don't, "Mr.Expert". Do you honestly think people don't know how the rage mechanic works buddy? That you are the only person who has ever played the Slayer class? Go kick rocks.

You haven't made a compelling argument at all besides "YOU DO KNOW WHAT ME KNOW". Good job.
Last edited by Foofmonger on Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
kmark101

Post#49 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:30 pm Nerf Chosen!! Chosen are OP!! Lol k.
Now that you mentoin it... Chosens doing full spirit damage are completely out of hand, not because of the class, but becuase of the synergies of other destro classes that provide numerous spirit debuff for them, easily debuffing any order class (tanks included) to 0 resistance. All while having no downside as chosens are not giving up any defenses or anything for it, they are same tanky, capped parry, etc.. while dishing out 600+ autoattacks and undefendable spirit damage spam. Maybe you should check out your own class/synergies before whining for other skill nerfs.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Foofmonger

Post#50 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:41 pm

kmark101 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:38 pm
Detangler wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:30 pm Nerf Chosen!! Chosen are OP!! Lol k.
Now that you mentoin it... Chosens doing full spirit damage are completely out of hand, not because of the class, but becuase of the synergies of other destro classes that provide numerous spirit debuff for them, easily debuffing any order class (tanks included) to 0 resistance. All while having no downside as chosens are not giving up any defenses or anything for it, they are same tanky, capped parry, etc.. while dishing out 600+ autoattacks and undefendable spirit damage spam. Maybe you should check out your own class/synergies before whining for other skill nerfs.
This is potentially one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this forum. Can you go back to where you say "you don't care about balancing other classes" like you did in your last post? That was at least, slightly less stupid.