Recent Topics

Ads

Guild Membership by Default (option to opt out)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
detrap

Guild Membership by Default (option to opt out)

Post#1 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:29 am

There needs to be guild joining by default, run by GM's or volunteers, if you start a character, maybe a box to uncheck if you don't want to during character creation, a lot of new people are guildless up to rr50 and struggle with how to play as productively as possible in a team (both pve n rvr). I'm sure we lose a few people once they hit rank 40 and play against well organised premades.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: Guild Membership by Default (option to opt out)

Post#2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:38 am

We lose alot more than few because +16 experience. Tier 2-3 was great part of the game and because of my solo roam mentality i probably loved Tier 3 more than Tier 4 at least when there is sc pops and small scale rvr. But this guild thing is a good idea imo, there is not alot of explanations in this game as to what to do.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ruscour

Post#3 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:21 am

What does being in some gigantic autoinvite guild do that all the global channels don't? I don't see the logic in this at all, if you want advice or people to play with there's plenty out there, you just have to participate
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!

MaxHayman
Management

Post#4 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:01 am

To be fair the live server had these. If anyone has screenshots or details about them/how they were different please feel free to post here.
Max Hayman

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:35 am

I think its more defeating of the point you think this would fix. Experienced players would leave immediately and join their guilds. New players would just sit in a guild thats not likely to be of much help to them. What you want is alts leveling to be picking these players up for their guilds, easier to do if you see they are guildless.