Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion: designated ring slot for armour set bonuses

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Omegus

Suggestion: designated ring slot for armour set bonuses

Post#1 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:58 pm

Current Situation

Currently Invader, Warlord and Sovereign rings are all bound to jewellery slot 4. This is to prevent easy stat stacking from set bonuses, i.e. to stop people equipping 2-4 rings and 2-4 matching armour pieces to get easy access to big stat buffs. I agree with this as stacking 2-piece bonuses via rings was very easy to do for a big advantage.

However, by doing this the usage of the rings as just rings (rather than 2pc stat padders) has been removed, making most of the rings obsolete. Before the change I had both the Sovereign Ring equipped (for 6pc set bonus) and the Invader ring equipped with no other Invader pieces just because the ring itself was good, and I can no longer do this. The rings were expensive and buying them only to have them sit in the bank seems wrong.

Proposal

To limit set piece bonus stacking from armour sets AND to allow players to use the rings they have acquired as they see fit, I propose lifting the restriction that forces rings into specific slots. Instead, the rings can be equipped in ANY jewellery slot, but rings in sets such as Beastlord/Sentinel/Invader/etc (any ring tied to an armour set) needs to be in slot 4 for it to be counted towards set bonuses. Rings not tied to armour sets - including those such as Genesis which form a 5 piece set of 4 rings and a cape - would not be included in this change as those rings are designed to be worn together.

This allows you to happily equip an Invader ring in 1, a Warlord ring in 2, a Sentinel ring in 3 and a Sovereign ring in 4, but only the Sovereign ring in slot 4 will contribute towards any set bonuses. If you have an Invader Helm equipped along with the Invader ring in jewel slot 1 then the game won't grant a 2pc set bonus as jewel slot 1 isn't eligible to be included in set bonus calculations.

This change would also apply to the Sentinel ring, so the ring would need to be in slot 4 in order to cheese 2pc/3pc set bonuses out of it (6pc sov and 3pc sentinel is currently easy to achieve by using both rings).

Downsides

The PvP rings have good stats and the devs might not want people wearing 3-4 of them just due to the raw stat bonuses they provide. However, I feel this is still much better than the 2pc stacking and in the future higher-end jewel sets could be introduced (higher than Genesis) to give players more gear options for jewellery.

tl;dr / bias / motivation

Please let me wear my Invader and Sovereign rings together again as I won't (ab)using the Invader ring for set bonuses.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads