Recent Topics

Ads

City suggestion- put the overpopulated side vs itself.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Zxul

City suggestion- put the overpopulated side vs itself.

Post#1 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:30 am

Funny idea which I had about how to fix overpopulated side not having city spots, without turning city into pve.

Once you run out of say order, while there is still plenty of destro on quote, get 2 destro wbs into city- and make them fight each other. This way no matter which side is overpopulated atime, you can still fill cities.

You were united to get to enemy's city, now that you are there and there are no defenders left- time to fight to see who gets the spoils :D
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Sandinio

Re: City suggestion- put the overpopulated side vs itself.

Post#2 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:39 am

"Mercenary mode" is lazy design which spit on game lore.
ORDER
Sandinio - mDPS follower KotBS - 40/80
Acutor - Bombing BW - 40/68
Derrak - retired Slayer - 40/4x
Gurat - sWP - 40/4x
and few others

DESTRO
Sandiago - new mDPS follower BG 40
Guraoth - sDoK to see the difference to sWP 40

nat3s

Post#3 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:43 am

Yeah dont agree with this.

For me they need to nerf the ease at which low pop can progress to a city and buff high pop EU prime a bit so there is roughly equal chance between the timezones. That means somehow finding a design whereby defensive strength doesn't scale as well the higher the pop.

Right now US has got it good and you can see from the vitriolic nature of their replies to any changes that they are keen to protect their honey pot!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Nameless

Post#4 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:51 pm

Add pve sc which stars when one of the sides dont have queu wb/players and 5 min until queu end where waves of npc are attacking the wb. Add 30 min timer, disable ress and if the wb survive whole 30 min add some bags. Lets say citizens' military organization is trying to save their lands from pillagers .
It will be similar to the pve even sc that devs made month ago, that felt surprisingly good.

Devs should do something cos now u can defend.by not showing which is very major problem. (That is why on live mythic removed sc contribution cos ppl defending zone lock by simply not showing)
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

SuperStar

Post#5 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:19 pm

I love this idea. It's perfect not just wise and cool and interesting but lore loyal. The destruction always fight against eachother. I buy your idea <3

I think I have found the right solution.

Everybody who q but hasn't got pop five them the looser reward without bag reward plz.
(It's very unhealthy when you are very ready for big fight and no fight just waiting for nothing we need the booby price)

Second majestic:
idea I read we are in eu nevah get city coz the population so hight and with 200-300 player the funnel is unbreakable.
And NA guyz have city all very early morning coz the pop is low
So my solution:
Above two thousand people 1 fort need to go city
Under 1000 people 3 fort need to city.

I hope everybody will love this idea like me I think it's solve all the problem and we stay healthy in eu.

Foofmonger

Post#6 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Sandinio wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:39 am "Mercenary mode" is lazy design which spit on game lore.
I mean what game lore? This whole game spits on Warhammer lore already. DOK's aren't a real thing. Chaos, Greenskins, and Dark Elves are all mortal enemies who would never "team up" with each other, etc... Warhammer Online has never been faithful to Warhammer lore, ever.

"It's against the lore" isn't a good argument for WAR, because the entire game is in and of itself completely lore breaking and not-canon.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:33 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:30 pm
Sandinio wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:39 am "Mercenary mode" is lazy design which spit on game lore.
I mean what game lore? This whole game spits on Warhammer lore already. DOK's aren't a real thing. Chaos, Greenskins, and Dark Elves are all mortal enemies who would never "team up" with each other, etc... Warhammer Online has never been faithful to Warhammer lore, ever.

"It's against the lore" isn't a good argument for WAR, because the entire game is in and of itself completely lore breaking and not-canon.
False. The game and lore were approved by GW, therefore all AOR content is lore appropriate and part of warhammer fantasy canon by association. :ugeek:
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Foofmonger

Post#8 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:15 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:33 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:30 pm

False. The game and lore were approved by GW, therefore all AOR content is lore appropriate and part of warhammer fantasy canon by association. :ugeek:
Yea maybe I'm wrong on this one, but I could have sworn GW said AOR is some kind of "alternate reality timeline" that isn't "canon" in terms of actual lore/story. That being said, this was a while back prior to "The End Times" which apparently I've recently heard they may also be ret-conning, so the lore is kinda a mess right now anyway. I've never seen any of the "lore" in AOR referenced in any other GW materials. There is no grand story about dark elves, chaos, and greenskins, teaming up in IC to fight "the forces of order". This "canon" only exists in one place, in this game. So sure it was approved by GW, and they may "consider it to be part of the canon", but colloquially and realistically, most people don't even consider the lore of AOR to be of any relevance to the overall Warhammer Fantasy canon.

Edit: I just doubled checked and I didn't word what I was trying to say properly, but I have the right gist of it.

"Lore or Background is the fiction and story which provides the world setting for Warhammer. In the context of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (WAR), lore has little or no relation to how the game is played, but it provides all the flavour for the Warhammer intellectual property, as they are to an extent the same thing. WAR itself uses a special variant of standard Warhammer lore called the Age of Reckoning which is set in a parallel universe from the main Warhammer timeline where the Age of Reckoning's events replaced the events of the Storm of Chaos in the main Warhammer universe's timeline."

"Age of Reckoning" itself is not "standard canon". It's an alternate reality timeline that was made for this game and one that nobody else references as "real canon", as most people consider the "non alternate reality timeline" to be canon, i.e. with Storm of Chaos being the "main canon" timeline over Age of Reckoning. So to be technical here, you are not wrong (and I was). AoR is "technically canon", but it's also "alternate reality/timeline cannon" and not the "main timeline", which is what I was trying to get at (but poorly).

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:03 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:15 pm Yea maybe I'm wrong on this one, but I could have sworn GW said AOR is some kind of "alternate reality timeline" that isn't "canon" in terms of actual lore/story. That being said, this was a while back prior to "The End Times" which apparently I've recently heard they may also be ret-conning, so the lore is kinda a mess right now anyway. I've never seen any of the "lore" in AOR referenced in any other GW materials. There is no grand story about dark elves, chaos, and greenskins, teaming up in IC to fight "the forces of order". This "canon" only exists in one place, in this game. So sure it was approved by GW, and they may "consider it to be part of the canon", but colloquially and realistically, most people don't even consider the lore of AOR to be of any relevance to the overall Warhammer Fantasy canon.

Edit: I just doubled checked and I didn't word what I was trying to say properly, but I have the right gist of it.

"Lore or Background is the fiction and story which provides the world setting for Warhammer. In the context of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (WAR), lore has little or no relation to how the game is played, but it provides all the flavour for the Warhammer intellectual property, as they are to an extent the same thing. WAR itself uses a special variant of standard Warhammer lore called the Age of Reckoning which is set in a parallel universe from the main Warhammer timeline where the Age of Reckoning's events replaced the events of the Storm of Chaos in the main Warhammer universe's timeline."

"Age of Reckoning" itself is not "standard canon". It's an alternate reality timeline that was made for this game and one that nobody else references as "real canon", as most people consider the "non alternate reality timeline" to be canon, i.e. with Storm of Chaos being the "main canon" timeline over Age of Reckoning. So to be technical here, you are not wrong (and I was). AoR is "technically canon", but it's also "alternate reality/timeline cannon" and not the "main timeline", which is what I was trying to get at (but poorly).
I think we can all be happy when they bring the Old World storyline back, and admit Age of Sigmar was a stupid mistake pushed by someone who really just wanted to work on 40k, but was assigned to Fantasy instead.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Foofmonger

Post#10 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:56 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:03 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:15 pm Yea maybe I'm wrong on this one, but I could have sworn GW said AOR is some kind of "alternate reality timeline" that isn't "canon" in terms of actual lore/story. That being said, this was a while back prior to "The End Times" which apparently I've recently heard they may also be ret-conning, so the lore is kinda a mess right now anyway. I've never seen any of the "lore" in AOR referenced in any other GW materials. There is no grand story about dark elves, chaos, and greenskins, teaming up in IC to fight "the forces of order". This "canon" only exists in one place, in this game. So sure it was approved by GW, and they may "consider it to be part of the canon", but colloquially and realistically, most people don't even consider the lore of AOR to be of any relevance to the overall Warhammer Fantasy canon.

I think we can all be happy when they bring the Old World storyline back, and admit Age of Sigmar was a stupid mistake pushed by someone who really just wanted to work on 40k, but was assigned to Fantasy instead.
100% agreed. I love Warhammer Fantasy lore (and 40k too for that matter), but Age of Sigmar is just terrible. I had a long debate on the topic recently and I'll spare you all my thoughts on why it is terrible, but I couldn't agree more.

I really did enjoy "The End Times", personally, I know a lot of people didn't but I enjoyed seeing some real momentum in the narrative. It's just... the way it ended of course and the goal of it (to launch space marines lite), was fairly botched. I really wish they just you know, had Chaos getting defeated at the last moment (or whatever) and then continuing on with the Old World. They could have had the lizardmen do something besides blast off in spaceships, which was probably the dumbest part of the whole end times.