Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Seravajan
Posts: 97

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#21 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:01 pm

Yesterday and today. 6 lower players (level 16 to 24) fighting on one single target (level 39 with decent equipment) (yesterday a warrior priest, today a swordmaster) and were not able to damage it well enough. The warrior priest just used his self heals to keep himself fully healed and the sword master got nearly no hits at all. The SM killed one after the other lowbies.

Ads
emiliorv
Posts: 575

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#22 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Seravajan wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:01 pm
Yesterday and today. 6 lower players (level 16 to 24) fighting on one single target (level 39 with decent equipment) (yesterday a warrior priest, today a swordmaster) and were not able to damage it well enough. The warrior priest just used his self heals to keep himself fully healed and the sword master got nearly no hits at all. The SM killed one after the other lowbies.
6 randoms lowbies doing random attacks will be farmed by any higher well equipped character who can selfheal...

User avatar
CeeJay89
Posts: 159

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#23 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:33 pm

Seravajan wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:01 pm
Yesterday and today. 6 lower players (level 16 to 24) fighting on one single target (level 39 with decent equipment) (yesterday a warrior priest, today a swordmaster) and were not able to damage it well enough. The warrior priest just used his self heals to keep himself fully healed and the sword master got nearly no hits at all. The SM killed one after the other lowbies.
I assure you it's possible for a couple of lowbies to kill even geared players. There are certain classes that just handle multiple weaker characters better. Those are defensive classes that have self-healing and/or regen, which WP and SM can both do.

Seravajan
Posts: 97

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#24 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:35 pm

emiliorv wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:30 pm
Seravajan wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:01 pm
Yesterday and today. 6 lower players (level 16 to 24) fighting on one single target (level 39 with decent equipment) (yesterday a warrior priest, today a swordmaster) and were not able to damage it well enough. The warrior priest just used his self heals to keep himself fully healed and the sword master got nearly no hits at all. The SM killed one after the other lowbies.
6 randoms lowbies doing random attacks will be farmed by any higher well equipped character who can selfheal...
They were fighting the same enemy. What is here random?

Sulorie
Posts: 4982

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#25 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:02 pm

CeeJay89 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:04 pm
Remember that your stats ARE still softcapped at your base level (25x level + 50).

When you're bolstered, your stats are increased based on your item bonuses, so stacking one stat will bring you to soft cap and become much less effective. You're better off stacking different stats when being bolstered.
Wrong, the paperdoll is based on your true rank and shows softcapped stats but with .getstats you get the correct values.
Dying is no option.

Sulorie
Posts: 4982

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#26 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:06 pm

sogeou wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:24 pm
The major problem is Dev's buffed the **** out of gear and never fixed the major problems with Bolster. It has two major problems which should be fixed, but before they used the excuse be lucky you have it and you will be 40 soon. Now since Vanq is the new Anni the bolster needs a refresh.

1. Issue with currently bolster is it uses the soft cap of your rank and it should use the soft cap of your bolstered rank. So, if you are level 23, but everyone is bolstered to rank 46 sub 30 you should not have the soft cap of 23. This fix / adjustment would go a long way for lowbie people and fresh 40s.

2. Before with the current gear trend the gap from 35 gear to vanq was not that large, now when you hit level 31 you lose the GOOD bolster and get the **** one. They need to make 3 bolsters.
  • 17-30 Bolster which should be stronger than current system, be level 50 or use higher soft cap based on bolster not current rank
  • 31-39 Bolster which should be the current bolster in place for 17-30. Where you are level 46.
  • 40 -RR 60 bolster which would act like current bolster in place from 31-39 which is pretty weak.
Bolster is not working the way you think it works. You get capped at rank up to 48 for stats. Quit looking on the paperdoll, the stats are wrong.
Dying is no option.

User avatar
CeeJay89
Posts: 159

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#27 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:46 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:02 pm
CeeJay89 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:04 pm
Remember that your stats ARE still softcapped at your base level (25x level + 50).

When you're bolstered, your stats are increased based on your item bonuses, so stacking one stat will bring you to soft cap and become much less effective. You're better off stacking different stats when being bolstered.
Wrong, the paperdoll is based on your true rank and shows softcapped stats but with .getstats you get the correct values.
Interesting, I'll take a look when I get home.

Hardkoar
Posts: 97

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#28 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:10 pm

The gear disparity has become rather significant, many rr70/80s face rolling new players with no difficulty and no real chance to catch up.

In other games once a new Xpansion comes out or new season it's a full reset, where everyone starts the chase towards the new gear. Here it's just lowbies trying to catch up on players that have years ahead of them in RR/Medals/forts/cities. I can understand how or why the op feels like ''wtf''.

The only option you have is to get farmed till u have equal gear pretty much. Two-three months getting sodomized should get you into Vanq/Invader level :D .

Ads
User avatar
CeeJay89
Posts: 159

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#29 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:43 am

Hardkoar wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:10 pm
The gear disparity has become rather significant, many rr70/80s face rolling new players with no difficulty and no real chance to catch up.

In other games once a new Xpansion comes out or new season it's a full reset, where everyone starts the chase towards the new gear. Here it's just lowbies trying to catch up on players that have years ahead of them in RR/Medals/forts/cities. I can understand how or why the op feels like ''wtf''.

The only option you have is to get farmed till u have equal gear pretty much. Two-three months getting sodomized should get you into Vanq/Invader level :D .
Well, I wouldn't say that's true. I just played my WH for the first time in over a year this last Friday, who was 40/40 with only an Anni/Merc mix and I managed to get the Vanq set in less than a week with absolutely 0 medals towards it. I did it all solo/duo (with a sub 40), too.

It's just a matter of picking the right fights. You're also limited on builds until you are geared. If you're going to solo, it's probably best to run glass cannon, follow the zerg, and pick off enemies that stray away from the pack. It's harder for melee than it is for ranged, but you want to put out more damage than everyone else for the kill reward.

Lyability
Posts: 40

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#30 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:29 am

This is why it would make sense to re-separate the tiers so us low level people can actually experience the game instead of running behind the zerg feeling useless until we are 40/80.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sybreal and 2 guests