Recent Topics

Ads

2H Knight Suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
kmark101

Re: 2H Knight Suggestions

Post#11 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:05 pm

sharpblader wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:19 pm
I don't understand why people ask for old runefang back. It was OP especially paired with Emp Champ and imho deserved a nerf. I believe they were about to remove it altogether but it was so core to the 2h knight identity that they just lowered and changed to two stats on it.

Aha, so spirit damage spam-bursting chosens are not op... 1m+ damage 2h black ork tanks in city are not op... aoe spamming, to-the-moon punting perfect defense unkillable black guards are not op... BUT a knight who could do some damage with a proc+using an M2 for 30 seconds (remember Emperor's Champion was nerfed to 15 seconds duration too..) with absolutely zero defenses and zero defensive morales are OP!!... The forum were literally exploding from people complaining about 2h knights bursted them down all over... the only real thing from your post is that "you don't understand", I can agree with that.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
Collision

Post#12 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:24 pm

yoluigi wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:29 pm
Collision wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:55 pm So you want the tankiest 2h class to dps ? You can't have everything...2h kotbs are support class, not a dps dealer. Go for a IB or a SM if you want to kill people.
lol soo let's make a whole tree almost useless and make chosen that path of Dread useless soo it can be equal to knight 2h **** build... Common man what is the point of saying that. It needs some kind utility on that tree right now it's useless. It's about improving the game even with some small buff utility it will never be as good dps as other 2h tanks anyway.
Yeah, and what do a 2h chosen for is party ? Path of the Dread is useless too. At least Kotbs have +10% debuff crit and +15% heal for his group. 2h chosen is just an aura buffer/debuffer... And don't say chosen can dps, if you go "full dps" you can't play in wb, you are too much glass canon. The only think chosen have and not the kotbs is the 15% crit tactic woaw. 10% crit for your dps dealer or 15% crit just for you , what do you choose ?

Collision

Post#13 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:36 pm

kmark101 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:05 pm
sharpblader wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:19 pm
I don't understand why people ask for old runefang back. It was OP especially paired with Emp Champ and imho deserved a nerf. I believe they were about to remove it altogether but it was so core to the 2h knight identity that they just lowered and changed to two stats on it.

Aha, so spirit damage spam-bursting chosens are not op... 1m+ damage 2h black ork tanks in city are not op... aoe spamming, to-the-moon punting perfect defense unkillable black guards are not op... BUT a knight who could do some damage with a proc+using an M2 for 30 seconds (remember Emperor's Champion was nerfed to 15 seconds duration too..) with absolutely zero defenses and zero defensive morales are OP!!... The forum were literally exploding from people complaining about 2h knights bursted them down all over... the only real thing from your post is that "you don't understand", I can agree with that.
The chosen spirit spam is OP in 1vs1 and only against poor geared character. If your team assist can't kill a 2h BO you have a real problem. I don't know BG so i can't say (and you are probably right). Kotbs have zero moral def ? Really ? M1 abso, M2 50% dmg debuff, and the best aoe unbreakable root (with 1.2k dmg), M4 like all other tanks. Zero defenses ? you just buff your healer to be full heal in 1s...
Last edited by Collision on Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M0rw47h

Post#14 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:52 pm

Personaly I feel like Conquest needs a bit of love. Mainly because players should've choices. Already imho the best spec for 2h Knight is tri path spec once you get +2 from City gear. If Conquest could offer more damage, deeper in the mastery path, Knight would've to give up on some utility for it.

However be careful what you wish for guys. Any greater changes to 2h could be just a nerf.

nebelwerfer

Post#15 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:46 am

Collision wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:36 pm best aoe unbreakable root (with 1.2k dmg),
Sadly no longer true, its totally breakable.

Collision

Post#16 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:55 am

nebelwerfer wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:46 am
Collision wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:36 pm best aoe unbreakable root (with 1.2k dmg),
Yes just for tanks who have their control breaker up. Not for the healer or dps

nebelwerfer

Post#17 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:58 am

Collision wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:55 am
i mean it used to not break on damage, now it does

Collision

Post#18 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:03 am

nebelwerfer wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:58 am
Collision wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:55 am

i mean it used to not break on damage, now it does
What %chance to break ? it never break or maybe when your are dead after all the dps tic...

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#19 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:52 am

Collision wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:03 am
What %chance to break ? it never break or maybe when your are dead after all the dps tic...
50% iirc, it doesnt say on the career builder

zulnam

Post#20 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:44 am

Gentlemen,

- 2H knight is not the tankiest 2H spec. In fact, knight has two abilities that help them survive longer: Vigilance and Shield Rush. Both of those require a shield. Whatever you believe, that's it. Auras are a buff to survivability, but often not as strong as people thing. Besides that, 2H tank (in order to hit for anything) often has only 1 defensive aura. Personally, in a SC, i get str, AP aura (cause i'm a thirsty boy) and then a defensive, depending on situation: toughness, resistance or stay focused

- Path of Conquest is the only, ONLY, 2H tank spec in the game where players avoid getting the channel attack. Because it is very weak. Weaker than 3 Precission Strikes. If you take anything away from this thread; this is it.

- these changes will not make 2H tank OP (or "more OP", as some of you said), but will in fact make the tank choose between DPS and Utility when going 2H

- lol @ the guy who counted Distracting Bellows (standard tank morale) like a knight pro to show how OP they are. But hey; lets make Distracting Bellows usable with a shield only ;)

- to all those that like staggering impact: agree to disagree. We need to lose this ability if we ever want to see the "dps" knight hit for anything. Honestly having utility even in our dps spec is dragging us down; and again, this is not even good utility. It can be defended. Pierce Defenses is superior

Currently, for organised smallscale/SC for group play, this is the best 2H knight build.
Notice that:
- most points are in Glory path
- no active ability was taken from conquest, only one aura
- the class remains in a utility role still, since there is no damage to speak of. Even Staggering Impact that some like is still more utility.

With the proposed changes, that spec would change to this (imagine new skills being there). Straight off the bat, Knight has to choose between "big deeps" and keeping group utility. Focused Mending (a very strong team tactic) cannot be slotted if you go damage. Solar Flare, don't even think about it.

No team will lose a 6v6/SC because knight got a 10%/5% tactic or because MF is worth a damn.

You know what will happen instead? Knight will get a small damage boost. Class will increase in popularity, knight population will go up with people who like to solo/SC play 2H tanks, said people will realise they need to do group play to get the gear they want, they will join warbands as SnB since that is required.

To summarise, a slight increase in damage for a solo/smallscale spec for this tank class has the potential to increase number of tanks on order and balance the factions.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG