Should Weekend-Event Scenarios be Solo Queue (PUG) Only?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Should Weekend-Event Scenarios be Solo Queue (PUG) Only?

Yes
54%
No
46%
Total votes: 156

JackieC

Re: Should Weekend-Event Scenarios be Solo Queue (PUG) Only?

Post#11 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:45 pm

The way that I read it is that it would be nice to see some weekend events with solo only access, but there would also be events available with group only access. I don't see a problem with this idea at all. It doesn't hurt anyone and it allows the casual player with limited time over the weekend an opportunity to participate in a fair fight. Blaming the players for not grouping up prior to entering an event is not a very constructive way to fix a problem.

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#12 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:55 pm

funny how ppl with destro mains do not agree here :D

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#13 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:59 pm

JackieC wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:45 pm The way that I read it is that it would be nice to see some weekend events with solo only access, but there would also be events available with group only access.
You mean that is better having events:
-Soloq only: no groups allowed, no duo/trio/etc
-FG only: no solo allowed and also no duo/trio/etc

Instead to have 1 event that allow all the types of gameplay? really?

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:05 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:55 pm funny how ppl with destro mains do not agree here :D
Are you one of those "casuals" that play 40 scs in a row??

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=44123

You know the common denominator in those 40 scs...

Deadpoet

Post#15 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:29 pm

Some thoughts on this discussion:
1 - Not allowing premades to participate in weekly sc event is a bad idea. It wouldn't be fair to exclude them even though it would result in way more fun for 90% of the game's population, not to mention the significant changes in equality of distribution in emblems, renown and exp flow.

2- JackieC has hit the nail in the head. Everyone must be happy with his suggestion. Wait, no? someone disagrees?
emiliorv wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:59 pm
JackieC wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:45 pm The way that I read it is that it would be nice to see some weekend events with solo only access, but there would also be events available with group only access.

Reading this rejection of an idea that allows every type of gameplay to coexist is the perfect example of the hysterical reaction a few individuals experience when they face the possibility of not being able to mik pugs non stop anymore. Most of the regular premaders are sensible people, but you always come across these guys who don't really want to face other premades and want to have their cake and eat them too. Is it so terrible that the majority of the population enjoy their (pathetic to you no dobt) little unorganized battles while you can fight other premades in more challenging and exciting encounters? Is it really so bad? Hysterism kicks in, hence the verbal pirouettes, the vagueness of the reasonings that reminds one of politician's talk, the abstract demagogy of sentences such as: "Instead of having 1 event that allow all the types of gameplay? really?"

"really?" indeed.

Does a sc with a premade allow all types of gameplay? Think a little. Only one style of gameplay can exist in that situation. The best style, the ideal style in this group based game? No doubt. And yet, reality stubbornly refuses to adapt to our ideals. And event scs with a general queue system is by far the most decisive cause of people quitting this game out of frustration and disgust. Just talk to the people ingame, read the chat, check guild defections and people fleeing to other games.

Should RoR become a different type of game, not group oriented? OF COURSE NOT.

Can't we make two different queues for sc event? will the game lose its character, will this be the end? Just think. But please no one talk of allowing diversity when their intention is exactly the opposite.

Deadpoet

Post#16 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:36 pm

In case someone replies to my rant, the fact that I won't be replying to replies only means that I've said my piece and can't be bothered to read the same stale arguments I've read in this forum for years. I have very little playing time and have already spent a good chunk of it in this fruitless and futile post.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:51 pm

Deadpoet wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:36 pm In case someone replies to my rant, the fact that I won't be replying to replies only means that I've said my piece and can't be bothered to read the same stale arguments I've read in this forum for years. I have very little playing time and have already spent a good chunk of it in this fruitless and futile post.
Thanks for your efforts.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

abezverkhiy

Post#18 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:19 am

Deadpoet wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:29 pm Some thoughts on this discussion:
1 - Not allowing premades to participate in weekly sc event is a bad idea. It wouldn't be fair to exclude them even though it would result in way more fun for 90% of the game's population, not to mention the significant changes in equality of distribution in emblems, renown and exp flow.

2- JackieC has hit the nail in the head. Everyone must be happy with his suggestion. Wait, no? someone disagrees?
emiliorv wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:59 pm

Reading this rejection of an idea that allows every type of gameplay to coexist is the perfect example of the hysterical reaction a few individuals experience when they face the possibility of not being able to mik pugs non stop anymore. Most of the regular premaders are sensible people, but you always come across these guys who don't really want to face other premades and want to have their cake and eat them too. Is it so terrible that the majority of the population enjoy their (pathetic to you no dobt) little unorganized battles while you can fight other premades in more challenging and exciting encounters? Is it really so bad? Hysterism kicks in, hence the verbal pirouettes, the vagueness of the reasonings that reminds one of politician's talk, the abstract demagogy of sentences such as: "Instead of having 1 event that allow all the types of gameplay? really?"

"really?" indeed.

Does a sc with a premade allow all types of gameplay? Think a little. Only one style of gameplay can exist in that situation. The best style, the ideal style in this group based game? No doubt. And yet, reality stubbornly refuses to adapt to our ideals. And event scs with a general queue system is by far the most decisive cause of people quitting this game out of frustration and disgust. Just talk to the people ingame, read the chat, check guild defections and people fleeing to other games.

Should RoR become a different type of game, not group oriented? OF COURSE NOT.

Can't we make two different queues for sc event? will the game lose its character, will this be the end? Just think. But please no one talk of allowing diversity when their intention is exactly the opposite.
Excellent thoughts buddy. And for those who reject - they can be munchkins, or they can be just trolls.

I for one ignore scenarios most of the time as they don't bring satisfaction. When I have a group - I always play. When I don't - I queue pug scens only but waiting time is just too long. I don't play 'Join All' when I am alone as there is a fat chance there is a premade sitting on the other end. And unfortunately most of the time I don't have a ready group simply because guild members and friends have their own agendas and group play is mostly possible on weekends only.

I want to play by hitting 'Join all' button but I want to be sure that there will be an equally random party on the other end and that each party will have at least one tank and at least one healer.

Until then scenarios are just as dead for me as unimplemented Land of the Dead or Lost Vale. And there are plenty of people who think the same.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
foxpwnsyou

Post#19 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:46 am

Should be PUG only in general except for Guild vs Guild/Alliance vs Alliance...Premades should only fight other premades period...

BluIzLucky

Post#20 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:43 am

Anything that reduces community interaction should be considered carefully, if you can't be bothered to look in /5 or be in an active guild/alliance, that's fine, but then take your loss if you go against a highly organised 6/12 man (most are not btw, seems like the main thing random /5 teams get is a gaurenteed 2-2-2).

And yes, there's been a couple of BIS premades that have farmed the events for renown (or to piss of the community), so maybe remove boost after 10-20 wins.

And let's be honest missing any of these rewards is not a big deal, t1 can be bought from vendors, t2 represents about 10-20 gold and t3 is a 0.5% character boost.

That being said, I wouldn't mind having 1/4 of events be solo only, though my guess is the people complaining about premades would then just complain about queue stacking...
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70