Recent Topics

Ads

Trivial Blows Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Trivial Blows Feedback

Post#41 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:14 am

Onigokko0101 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:57 pm
Arcrival wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:53 pm TB should mitigate only the damage gained from the crit. Example If an ability hits for 600 you crit for 900 then the bonus crit damage is 300 TB reduces 40% of 300 so -120 damage making your hit 780. I am trying to check it but seemed higher than that.
It looks like it is doing total damage from crit hit so above example 900 * 40% which brings your hit down to 540.
Can one of you smart people tell me how it works or where to pull the correct info?
It reduces the damage of the full hit, atleast it did on live.
TB reduces the +% crit modifier only => there is cero sense that the reduction was applied to full crit...lets suposse a 1000 dmg hit with a +45% crit modifier = 1450 dmg on crit hit. If you appli the redcution t total hit this means => 1450 * (1-0.4) = 870 dmg => this means that a crit will make less dmg that a normal hit...so, no sense.

Dunno how worked on live...if its how you saying then TB were totaly broken and ppl should drop FS, initiative and anything which reduce the ctbc => since crits hits for less dmg than normal hits you want to be critted everytime (on live TB4 = 50% reduction)

In ROR works like this:
viewtopic.php?p=473112#p473112

Ads
Sulorie

Post#42 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:56 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:14 am
Dunno how worked on live...if its how you saying then TB were totaly broken and ppl should drop FS, initiative and anything which reduce the ctbc => since crits hits for less dmg than normal hits you want to be critted everytime (on live TB4 = 50% reduction)

In ROR works like this:
viewtopic.php?p=473112#p473112
TB worked similar on live. There is and was no reduction of total damage by 50%, it was only applied on the crit damage portion.
Dying is no option.

zolio
Community Management

Post#43 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:26 pm

tomato wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:05 pm If you use anecdotal evidence to support your arguments, don't expect an engaging discussion.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Its not a personal account , OMG anyone can test this and see for themselves.

Do I have to explain how to test this to ? I thought you were all much smarter than this.

Its funny sometime when people start acting ignorant out of convenience.