Recent Topics

Ads

RvR, AAO and incentive for actual fights

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Caduceus

Re: RvR, AAO and incentive for actual fights

Post#11 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:43 am

I thnk the biggest issue, by far, is the domination of Order warbands in terms of organization and numbers.

Destruction rarely fields anything other than PUG warbands, if even that.

This has gotten so bad now, that even when a well-organized Destruction warband enters the field, they get dominated by multiple warbands, essentially taking away their incentive to play as well.

Some mechanic that would incentivize players to keep playing on the losing side could be a solution, however I fear that in practice all there is to do is wait for players to restore the balance themselves.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Fenris78

Post#12 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:02 am

Just revert the renown nerf, everyone happy. You got mass renown for fighting with positive AAO, and are not penalized being more numerous in a given zone.

Meliannia

Post#13 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:07 pm

Caduceus wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:43 am I think the biggest issue, by far, is the domination of Order warbands in terms of organization and numbers.

Guffawed aloud when I read this...

Do you play West Coast NA?

Because I dont see this at all in UK prime time, quite the reverse,
we have up to 550 CCCP Destro (with some EU) dominating 250 or so U.K Order (with some EU) 60 to 72% vs 28 to 40% population for 10 to 12hrs per day bout 2pm GMT til 1am GMT every day. T4 Scenarios also the case.

the game seems to be 2 separate games. UK time its 550 Destro steamrolling vs 250 Order 10 to 12hrs per day. Then Destro log off. Then NA West coast time Order log in and faceroll empty zones 220 vs 80 for 5hrs. With up to 120 X realmers in both time zones all running to the winning faction to make the entire issue worse ofc. If by chance your time zone happens to be GMT and you rolled Order you gonna have a not so nice time, and if your time zone happens to be NA west coast and youre Destro youre not going to have such a nice time.

This is why any 'fix' has to recognise this. A 'fix' for the game holistically wont work, it would likely massively mess up and make one of the games unplayable for 1 faction.because we have two separate games totally different in numbers and faction population.

Possible solutions ( i know they all have been discussed before ad infinitum.....)
1. 24 hr lock out on X realmers. Choose your faction for the day and be loyal to it! Have some Ethics!!
2. Log in faction cap, 250 destro log in, no1 can log in destro til 200 order log in, must be within 50 to allow more log ins
3. same as above but not so harsh make it Zone numbers cap, no more destro can enter specific live pvp zones til within 50 order enter zone. Or make it within 25 numbers. (same would be for Order if Order had higher numbers as OP suggests)

Im sure there are a myriad of other suggestions all which will be lauded or derided with equal passion.
and there will surely be that guy who always comments 'stop trying to fix the game and just play it.'

'Swords In The Wind!"

The Mel.

lastalien

Post#14 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:17 pm

Meliannia wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:07 pm
1. 24 hr lock out on X realmers. Choose your faction for the day and be loyal to it! Have some Ethics!!
most realistic
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies

Caduceus

Post#15 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:11 pm

Meliannia wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:07 pm
Do you play West Coast NA?

No, I play EU. The last month or two (and honestly, even before that) I've witnessed IC being pushed on cooldown.

Even if Destruction had a numbers advantage, they would still get utterly dominated by Order warbands and couldn't push a keep unless Order has 60% AAO or more. When Order was on the offensive, I've witnessed Destruction fail to defend 3* keeps with 0% AAO. This has been the common theme in the last months.

Sure, Destruction may have a numbers advantage at some times, but if it's 100% PUG warbands those numbers don't count for anything. There are very few active guilds on Destruction at the moment who run frequent warbands.

Of course, sometimes the tables would suddenly be turned, some xrealming would take place, (conspiciously when there was a 5* Altdorf on the cards) - maybe a 24 hour lockout should at least be considered, but I am not sure if it wouldn't just further cement the imbalance in population that already exists.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

don775

Post#16 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:49 pm

Another issue is with oRvR itself, it doesnt truly fit the current amount of players so fights will continue to be unbalance as a result of tier distribution and alternatives.

Strakar

Post#17 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:48 pm

Caduceus wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:43 am I thnk the biggest issue, by far, is the domination of Order warbands in terms of organization and numbers.

This has gotten so bad now, that even when a well-organized Destruction warband enters the field, they get dominated by multiple warbands, essentially taking away their incentive to play as well.

Some mechanic that would incentivize players to keep playing on the losing side could be a solution, however I fear that in practice all there is to do is wait for players to restore the balance themselves.
I actually find the opposite to be true, destro leadership and organization outpace order certainly during EU time, more evenly matched NA although Ifeel there's just an element of resignation that there would be more spirit during NA too if it wasn't crushed by order numbers. They are also more vocal in /5 for other activities. Not always successful but more willing to lead.

Aethilmar

Post#18 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:29 pm

With respect to the people trying to make this a Destro vs Order issue, it isn't. The numbers advantage varies with time of day and more broadly over time as well. The pattern of conflict avoidance for maximum rewards does not though.

This is why you have PvD
This is why you have city queue dodging.
This is also why you had YOLO ranked SC queue stacking.
This is why you have PUG SC queue stacking.

Basically tying valuable (read power increasing) rewards to "end game" content will always breed this kind of behavior.

Ads
don775

Post#19 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:14 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:29 pm With respect to the people trying to make this a Destro vs Order issue, it isn't. The numbers advantage varies with time of day and more broadly over time as well. The pattern of conflict avoidance for maximum rewards does not though.

This is why you have PvD

Basically tying valuable (read power increasing) rewards to "end game" content will always breed this kind of behavior.
Seriously?
Whenever one faction lack players of different careers we up with broken meta, uneven scenarios and unfair RvR, that turns people off or to opt for better alternatives - this is meta.

Time peaks also prove server is declining because - you name it. Tier distribution is extremely uneven during the remaining 20 hrs.

Aethilmar

Post#20 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:55 pm

don775 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:14 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:29 pm With respect to the people trying to make this a Destro vs Order issue, it isn't. The numbers advantage varies with time of day and more broadly over time as well. The pattern of conflict avoidance for maximum rewards does not though.

This is why you have PvD

Seriously?
Whenever one faction lack players of different careers we up with broken meta, uneven scenarios and unfair RvR, that turns people off or to opt for better alternatives - this is meta.

Time peaks also prove server is declining because - you name it. Tier distribution is extremely uneven during the remaining 20 hrs.
Seriously. Most people chase rewards not the "the meta" and people are drifting away b/c they have their characters fully geared or the path to progress no longer worth it to them anymore. If they introduced 9X gear you would see the population come back in droves. And you'd still see all the problems mentioned as people chased that gear.