Recent Topics

Ads

Full regen build ruining the game

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Sulorie

Re: Full regen build ruining the game

Post#41 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:48 pm

It's quite simple, you want to solo on a char, spec and gear appropriate, which can be expensive in case of regen builds. Some classes can do it better, there is no 1vs1 balance.
In a group fight, regen builds are meaningless.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Mordecaieth

Post#42 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:04 am

tazdingo wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:41 pm
Mordecaieth wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:23 pm Image

yeah that has to be bugged
Yeah, funny thing about that. It's not.

NSKaneda

Post#43 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:30 am

Heal debuff works on regen builds. Use it.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

abezverkhiy

Post#44 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:35 am

Sulorie wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:48 pm It's quite simple, you want to solo on a char, spec and gear appropriate, which can be expensive in case of regen builds. Some classes can do it better, there is no 1vs1 balance.
In a group fight, regen builds are meaningless.
This. Regen build is just another build. And if you go regen, you sacrifice alot while you can be killed by a proper dps, say a good kiter.

I am surprised actually to see this type of post from someone like the OP who shown high degree of skill playing his WP.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Morradin

Post#45 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:55 am

It's not as bad as the OP makes it out to be, but yes, regen tanks need to be looked at. Just something wrong when a BlORC out heals (itself) a dps spek dok/wp that slots a book/cup to help heal.

heyfray

Post#46 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:40 am

It astounds me that people are defending regen. Of course nothing will be done about it since the design philosophy is 24v24 braindead zerg fights.

Caduceus

Post#47 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:23 am

heyfray wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:40 am
It astounds me that people are defending regen. Of course nothing will be done about it since the design philosophy is 24v24 braindead zerg fights.

I mean, regen builds are really only broken on solo players and some 2-man setups, and they add very little to group-based play as you said. So there's basically no reason to keep them as strong as they are. It breaks a niche, but adds nothing else to the game. It can be toned down a little.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Freyn

Post#48 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:55 am

It has a place, but I do think it needs toning down, the payoff should essentially be that you hit like a wet noodle in exchange for increased survival. Due to how some things work, this isn't always the case.

I once encountered a WH running regen build, he had so little offensive stats that he was hitting me (Tank in Invader at the time) for under 50 damage on his average ability, and less for autos. I was hitting him for about 200-300, but he was actively out-regenerating it. Under most circumstances it would be a stalemate, but the blessed bullets were proccing for a little over 400 due to being almost entirely unmitigated, and not relying on offensive stats at all. It wasn't the regen that was the issue, it was how it interacted with certain abilities.

As many have said it's not really useful out of very small roaming, but I do think it should have more of a downside. Not every class is capable of using it properly because the loss of offensive stats is too impactful, some (primarily any with magical damage available) are much more potent with it.

Ads
Husti

Post#49 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:05 am

reynor007 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:29 pm
Husti wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:14 pm
space44 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:56 pm for a guy who mains all tank archetypes and all run a HP regen build i can say its not as ridiculous as people make out to be. HP regen is only regening HP every 3 seconds and most classes will always out damage the regen amount. the only time regen shines is when you are defending attacks back to back which gives you more time to regen more than once. it wont make you a god but it will keep you alive for a bit longer. to achieve something like 500 hp regen youll have to invest points to max out regen which then sacrifices points for better things.
I've only noticed chosens and WEs so far with reggen builds. Don't know who else is using them but I can tell you that those who are using it are far stronger than most other opponents in small encounters. Especially for stealthers that have the ability to vanish/stagger and come back again the reggen is gold. In a fight where one side has reggen and the other has not every additional second gives you reggen, more health and an advantage. It's not the reggen alone, it's the combination of reggen, absorb, defenses, vanish/stagger, some heals, damage, armor ignore, procs and stealth that makes it so strong. There is a reason why they are running this regen stuff which costs a fortune in the AH. It works.
you do not understand the concept of def WE, this build is viable and was invented, only for the reason that WB and kisses ignore tough, and you could completely focus on defensive characteristics, only def we, due to its specifics, can completely neglect attack parameters
although it's still funny to watch how stupidly copy this build
you do not understand that damage was a lot different on live.

Just a quick reminder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwHYqqCJqY

How many stealthers do see disappear infront of his eyes? NONE, because there was no vanish. Stealthers in RoR have new tools to surive, they don't need that reggen on top.

With the neutered ranged damage classes and poop damage in RoR it is a lot harder to kill these def build stealthers with their "lol I just disappear button" and tanks.
Last edited by Husti on Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wiede

Post#50 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:16 am

"Regen build overperforming" is literally the epitome of an undergeared or wrong build/bad played DPS that is convinced just because he picked a DPS archetype that he has the natural right to successfully kill anything he touches. We have the same behavior or opinions with DPS vs. healers or melee vs. kiters all the time.

There isn't a single regen build you can't just avoid or dodge after the realisation you're to bad or in the case of RoR you have the wrong class for that fight.

Stop making balancing proposals or decisions based on your own failure.

Spoiler: not playing regen by myself, i tried but got bored pretty fast by the fact you can't be proactive or flashy with this kind of builds and just plain rely on your enemy beeing stupid or overestimating.