Recent Topics

Ads

adjusting vanquisher gatekeeping

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Grasthard

adjusting vanquisher gatekeeping

Post#1 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:28 am

As most of you know, Vanquisher RvR set is probably the most time-consuming set to complete (when relative to the stat increase you get). It is also a big gatekeeping set because it precludes you progressing into invader, even though you participate in forts etc.

this is because:

- the amount of medals you get (quite high) is offset by the high price of a single piece

and, most importantly

- gold bags give you frequent duplicates.

It is extremely frustrating to get 3-5 gold bags and find in all of them the same piece of gear all the time.

one easy fix would be to reduce bag RNG, which would reward winning a gold bag, preventing duplicate pieces if you already own one piece (or just reducing the chance to get the same piece again, instead of completely removing the chance).

not sure if is possible from the code side, but for sure would be a big quality of life improvement, particulary at this ultra-late stage in the server where veteran players have multiple Sov characters.

Ads
BluIzLucky

Re: adjusting vanquisher gatekeeping

Post#2 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:58 am

Vanq doesn't really gatekeep, once you hit R50 you'll start getting invaders in fort and city, at R70 you'll get royals in city, and once you unlock full invader you'll start getting royals in bags as well. It's only the invader medals you get from ORvR bags you need Vanq for.

That being said.. Yep worst set to acquire in game.. Assuming you have a modest amount of forts and cities.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Mruvka

Post#3 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:49 am

My information might be old, because supply runs changed a little bit since the last time I used Vanquisher emblems for anything other than potions. However, here is what I experienced getting Vanquisher:

If you are a dirty city-logger (such as myself) there is a very reliable way to get Vanquisher in about 2 hours of total game time effort.

Every couple of hours log in and run 4 to 5 supply boxes in all open zones. Then log out. This is all.

You will get 10-15 Vanquisher Emblems in the mail when a zone lock. You will also get plenty of contribution from running the supplies, which will translate to a better chance at getting a bag when the zone locks compared to most of the players who slaved and died for hours to lock it.

During high population months, you can get Vanquisher in about 3-4 days with this approach.

Here is another city-logger tip to make the grind a lot easier - you can occasionally check out Twitch streams to see when a fort is coming, when a city is coming and when a zone is about to lock. Then you log in.

And, yes, I know, I am "part of the problem" and "hurting the community".
Titillation - 82 RR WL
Shibboleth - 81 RR WP
Mrun - 20 RR IB

Phantasm

Post#4 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:04 am

Spoiler:
Mruvka wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:49 am My information might be old, because supply runs changed a little bit since the last time I used Vanquisher emblems for anything other than potions. However, here is what I experienced getting Vanquisher:

If you are a dirty city-logger (such as myself) there is a very reliable way to get Vanquisher in about 2 hours of total game time effort.

Every couple of hours log in and run 4 to 5 supply boxes in all open zones. Then log out. This is all.

You will get 10-15 Vanquisher Emblems in the mail when a zone lock. You will also get plenty of contribution from running the supplies, which will translate to a better chance at getting a bag when the zone locks compared to most of the players who slaved and died for hours to lock it.

During high population months, you can get Vanquisher in about 3-4 days with this approach.

Here is another city-logger tip to make the grind a lot easier - you can occasionally check out Twitch streams to see when a fort is coming, when a city is coming and when a zone is about to lock. Then you log in.

Problem is not getting vanq crests but duplicates in bags and ratio of bag vanq crests to set costs.

Gold bag of Invader is piece or 5 inv crests of total 178 (221 inc ring) 2.8 %/2.2 %
Gold bag of Vanq is piece or 10 vanq crests of total 901 ................. 1.1 %
Spoiler:
BluIzLucky wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:58 am Vanq doesn't really gatekeep, once you hit R50 you'll start getting invaders in fort and city, at R70 you'll get royals in city, and once you unlock full invader you'll start getting royals in bags as well. It's only the invader medals you get from ORvR bags you need Vanq for.

That being said.. Yep worst set to acquire in game.. Assuming you have a modest amount of forts and cities.
Actually it is. U messed up unlocks.
At rr 51 u start getting vanq crests and gear in bags.
Need vanq unlock to get invader crests and gear in fort bags.
Need invader unlock to get royal crests in city bags.

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/Currencies

Przepraszam

Post#5 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:44 am

And please fix recieving the same vanq pieces from gold bags (or option to exchange them in a npc vendor), my shaman is almost 72 and still i dont have a full Vang set, this is ridiculous
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Mruvka

Post#6 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:30 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:04 am
Spoiler:
Mruvka wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:49 am My information might be old, because supply runs changed a little bit since the last time I used Vanquisher emblems for anything other than potions. However, here is what I experienced getting Vanquisher:

Problem is not getting vanq crests but duplicates in bags and ratio of bag vanq crests to set costs.

Gold bag of Invader is piece or 5 inv crests of total 178 (221 inc ring) 2.8 %/2.2 %
Gold bag of Vanq is piece or 10 vanq crests of total 901 ................. 1.1 %
Spoiler:
BluIzLucky wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:58 am Vanq doesn't really gatekeep, once you hit R50 you'll start getting invaders in fort and city, at R70 you'll get royals in city, and once you unlock full invader you'll start getting royals in bags as well. It's only the invader medals you get from ORvR bags you need Vanq for.

Well, there are about 20 - 25 zone locks a day (flipping back and forth) and about 3 Forts. In a single day you can get potentially 8 to 9 times more Vanquisher Medallions than you can get Invader Medallions. Also, you may not get a reservation for a fort as well, not to mention fun issues such as dropping out of a fort. Most player kills also drop Vanquisher Medallions. The drop rate for Royal Crest Shard or Invader Shard (not sure if I have ever seen one drop from a kill) is quite low.

Of course, it is also about gameplay preference - when it comes to getting Vanquisher Medallions, fighting in oRvR in 1 zone for 4 hours does very little for you compared to fighting in 5 zones for 20 minutes in each of them.

If you aim to gear up, fighting10-hour dogfights in a single oRvR zone is ridiculously time inefficient.
Titillation - 82 RR WL
Shibboleth - 81 RR WP
Mrun - 20 RR IB

Parallell86

Post#7 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:51 pm

People keep whining about making things easier. Speeding up the process. If they do make Vanquisher faster to obtain, you will soon have a topic about Invader and then Warlord/Sovereign.

Its about putting time and effort into your character and I never found Vanquisher especially hard to obtain. If you are playing 8 classes and trying to gear up all of them, I can imagine it will take time to get anywhere with any of them.

Vanquisher is a game changer for alot of classes. It shouldnt be obtained in a couple of days.

Whyumadbro

Post#8 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:30 pm

Sir this is not World of Warcraft,

this beeing said, yes vanq is kinda like a gatekeeper set that needs time and some grind. Some Post above mine the dude wrote a amazingly smart and fast way to get vanq. Good gear takes time, get into a guild and play with them, you will notice how fast everything will be. And u can let some else buy you gloves and boots from vanq set.

Ads
Phantasm

Post#9 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:02 pm

I got a feeling its either people playing 1 character at rank 90+ keep commenting here or people who spend 10 hrs ingame locking zone after zone.
Noone said Vanq set is hard to get, it is quite easy to get with 2 conditions:
You play A LOT, with a tide that lock zones and stomp other faction (sound familiar to other thread in that forum isnt it)
You play with trusted friends rolling another alt and being carried with closed WBs.

Fact is, Vanquisher set is base for any class to get attention of organised warband leaders or anyone who care who play in their warbands, otherwise you only a paper doll with no dps, no survival healer, laughable tank. Yes, its game changer for some classes, but without it, they are just plain naked. Eventually everyone who keep playing eough will get their vanq set. But there is just one issue here. The unlock to further sets. So without vanq asap its pointless to do any forts, cities. Half game is locked behind one set of gear. And that set of gear relatively is most expensive. Think about that.

BluIzLucky

Post#10 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:19 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:04 am
Spoiler:
Mruvka wrote:
Spoiler:
My information might be old, because supply runs changed a little bit since the last time I used Vanquisher emblems for anything other than potions. However, here is what I experienced getting Vanquisher:

Spoiler:

Didn't mess up locks.. Gone through it on two alts in the last couple months.
Vanq/oppressor drops at r50 and invaders from fort/city stages.
Fort bags, and pretty sure city bags as well, always have invader regardless of RR.

So as far as getting invader and sov gear, vanq is very optional (unless you get a significant portion of medals from ORvR bags rather than fort/city).

And that method (running couple boxes) of accumulating vanq medals for zone locks are long gone, now you get 1-6 per zone. Less than ayear ago you'd get 5-30..

Also with increased shard drops, less vanqs drop from kills.

You are at the merci of good luck in gold bags after r50 as you are unlikely to get enough medals to buy more than 1-2 cheap pieces.

Removing duplicates from bags or reverting zone lock reward nerfs are both good options to bringing vanq back to a reasonable completion rate.

Vanq is a very good set, and for healers and tanks (and some dps that don't use conq) it's the first pvp set after 40 that makes you competitive, so it should not be slower to complete than invader (even if vanq is better than invader for a lot of classes)..
Last edited by BluIzLucky on Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70