[choppa & slayer] first step to balance.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Alubert

Re: [choppa & slayer] first step to balance.

Post#11 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 pm

Everdin wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:56 am For this is regarding balancing between those two (i'm sure, you don't wrote this as a choppa but as a player of both classes), what do you think about giving slayer git stuck in and for IB Waaaagh for the synergy effect?
Yes i have sl/choppa.
35% AA haste 20 sec buff vs 50% "push for more" 100% uptime. U serious? And u forgot about slayer ap warcry - choppa equivalent is Git stuck in.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#12 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:17 pm

yes nerf the only rlly viable class on order, next should be wl because its also kinda good. If choppa gets a rampage equivalent what does the slayer gain from? Gtdc? No that would be op right? be carefull with such arguments because then u can compare bw with sorc and wh with we.....

Alubert

Post#13 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:21 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:17 pm yes nerf the only rlly viable class on order, next should be wl because its also kinda good. If choppa gets a rampage equivalent what does the slayer gain from? Gtdc? No that would be op right? be carefull with such arguments because then u can compare bw with sorc and wh with we.....
Read the post with understanding. SL is not losing anything. It has all its op toys.
I just suggest improving one skill for choppa and removing CF and Shatter Limbs from the right path.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Whyumadbro

Post#14 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:54 pm

Alubert wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:21 pm
Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:17 pm yes nerf the only rlly viable class on order, next should be wl because its also kinda good. If choppa gets a rampage equivalent what does the slayer gain from? Gtdc? No that would be op right? be carefull with such arguments because then u can compare bw with sorc and wh with we.....
Read the post with understanding. SL is not losing anything. It has all its op toys.
I just suggest improving one skill for choppa and removing CF and Shatter Limbs from the right path.
rampage is the best ability the slayer has imo, you would just buff choppa a lot, rampage with gtdc would be rlly strong. I did not know the choppa is in a bad spot rn. but wargrimmnir promised the 2h trees for sl/choppa will be reworked. Maybe then some balance will be applied

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:24 pm

Sry to say but i think this discussion is obsolete. Next balance patch will be in ~4 months.
Also the Slayer/Choppa imbalance is arround for 2 years?
Guess it's right where they want it to be. :D

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#16 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:30 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:54 pm
Alubert wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:21 pm
rampage is the best ability the slayer has imo, you would just buff choppa a lot, rampage with gtdc would be rlly strong. I did not know the choppa is in a bad spot rn. but wargrimmnir promised the 2h trees for sl/choppa will be reworked. Maybe then some balance will be applied
Secrets made those promises. I'm not opposed to them, but they also have not been a priority. I'll note in this thread as well there's a big red box at the top of every page with words and stuff in it. We are not going to dig through discussion posts when we grab ideas for balance. There's an expected structure to follow for proposals. blah blah blah. Realm balance comes first. Stop trying to spite your neighbor in proposals if you want to be taken seriously. Choppa and Slayer each have plenty of nuance for how their class works without crying about each other. etc etc etc, Carry on.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Everdin

Post#17 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:26 pm

Alubert wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 pm
Everdin wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:56 am For this is regarding balancing between those two (i'm sure, you don't wrote this as a choppa but as a player of both classes), what do you think about giving slayer git stuck in and for IB Waaaagh for the synergy effect?
Yes i have sl/choppa.
35% AA haste 20 sec buff vs 50% "push for more" 100% uptime. U serious? And u forgot about slayer ap warcry - choppa equivalent is Git stuck in.

Was talking about synergie with waaagh and this is 35% AA speed + 25% AA damage for the whole group, pretty sure the 35% for 2 dps 2 tanks outdamage slayers selfbuff
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Rapzel

Post#18 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:58 pm

Everdin wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:26 pm
Yes i have sl/choppa.

Was talking about synergie with waaagh and this is 35% AA speed + 25% AA damage for the whole group, pretty sure the 35% for 2 dps 2 tanks outdamage slayers selfbuff
Are you trying to compare Git stuck in with rampage?
That's some serious reaching for straws you're doing if that is the case.

Ads
Ashoris

Post#19 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:20 pm

Rapzel wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:58 pm
Everdin wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:26 pm

Yes i have sl/choppa.

Are you trying to compare Git stuck in with rampage?
That's some serious reaching for straws you're doing if that is the case.
No he tries to make a point: that when balancing comes to play you have to look at more than only comparing 2 classes and especially 1 or 2 skills (and he used a destro only feature/synergy that is often overseen/not noticed, but when played corectly makes a big dmg difference)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Meliannia

Post#20 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:23 pm

Introduce Two New Skills
one for Slayer one for Choppa

Slayer New Skill
'Glaswegian Kiss." - only targettable on Sorcs, Magus, Shaman, RsH, Witch Elf
Flying Headbutt, range 30m, head to head impact instantly kills Slayer and Target on impact
Voice activation while in mid air 'See You, Jimmy' or 'Stitch this, pal.'

Choppa New Skill
"Get Back In da Fight!" - only targettable on Sorcs, Magus, Shaman, RsH, Witch Elf
Can grab fleeing coward classes that always leave brave Orks to die and throw them back into the Order blob.
Voice activation on grab "Don't be soft, 'ave a fight!' or in a 'good ol J.R' Jim Ross WWE accent 'Look at them!! Running like a scalded dog, BAH GAHD!!'

'Swords in the Wind!

The Mel.