Recent Topics

Ads

Noob pov about XP Reduction scrolls

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Phantasm

Re: Noob pov about XP Reduction scrolls

Post#11 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

Regarding RvR/SC sets, I always look for RR requirement and completely ignore CR.

If you still didnt get your free 4x Renown Pots and regen pocket item follow that guide:

Click here to watch on YouTube

Here you can check which next set you want to get and plan your actions.

About engis. I wont tell you how to play a class, but instead you can focus your dps on assisting other strong dps in you group using Swift Assist addon. To find strong dps open scenario summary window or group scoreboard (same key - look up for it in
esc/keymaping/windows/scenario summary.
Pick that guy, spam assist key and use your dps skills on his target.
*You cant assist someone out of your group/warband - simply targets wont show up.
More your dps will lead to kills more renown points you and your team gain.

There are few guides regarding Engis play, but best for you it would be to join Bene Tleilax, Retribution or Bitterstone Thunderers and use their resources to level up your skills.

Look up Open Organised Warbands like destro Zorbax run, im not sure who run similar warbands on order side. If you find yourself left behind or kicked - please dont take it personally, most of time Warband Leaders dont take everyones issues, but rather look up for greater good of whole Warband - simply put - try not to slack :)
Simply put, as an engi, you will find hard time trying kill anything alone, but rather be a part of bigger group to maximise synergy and gains group provide.

Last thing I strongly recommend is to at least briefly read general + specific class guide below (unfortunately there is no Engi) and I hope you will find something useful.

RoR Guide: Lad to Chad series by Uchoo

Ads
Loctar

Post#12 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

I use potion of acclaim, thanks for the regen items.

For the class, I start to know well, because au bitterstone guide and discord.
I already assist DPS but not in SC. I gain almost no renown in SC, mostly XP. (Took 3 CR in 2 hour and 0 RR last week)

There is 2 problems with engi in WB :
- Grenadier, if there is anoter engi grenadier, my dots will make 0 DPS
- Path of the rifleman, at CR 26 lack of skills, 3 button to push and very low dps.

So playing my class is not the point here. The problem is more the XP going too fast (not a big problem but can be frustrating)
Regarding RvR/SC sets, I always look for RR requirement and completely ignore CR.
Of course, as a noob I forget to look RR requirement :D

bw10

Post#13 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

Hit 40, do beastlord, do gunbad. Now you have two sets to mix, two purple weapons and your mainstat likely capped. I fail to see the problem. For many classes city dung weapons are amazing and you can get them from weekly. Then you just rvr until you get bastion group and bam you are on invader ilvl, maybe even with some bis in two weeks from hitting cr40.

Its not a skill issue, but knowledge one

Loctar

Post#14 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm

bw10 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm Hit 40, do beastlord, do gunbad. Now you have two sets to mix, two purple weapons and your mainstat likely capped. I fail to see the problem. For many classes city dung weapons are amazing and you can get them from weekly. Then you just rvr until you get bastion group and bam you are on invader ilvl, maybe even with some bis in two weeks from hitting cr40.

So your way to play ROR and I respect that, is to rush 40 without bothering with almost anything else, then doing some PVE to stuff.
Excuse me but that is not how I love progression in video game. What the point of leveling (except lerning class), better to make instant CR40 server, like their was on DAOC, if the point of the game is only HL.
Want to play at my speed, and put stuff for my level, with coherence in the progression.

Loctar

Post#15 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

I assume we all have a different expectations and vision of a game. And we can't make everyone happy.

Ysaran

Post#16 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

Loctar wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm
bw10 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm Hit 40, do beastlord, do gunbad. Now you have two sets to mix, two purple weapons and your mainstat likely capped. I fail to see the problem. For many classes city dung weapons are amazing and you can get them from weekly. Then you just rvr until you get bastion group and bam you are on invader ilvl, maybe even with some bis in two weeks from hitting cr40.

So your way to play ROR and I respect that, is to rush 40 without bothering with almost anything else, then doing some PVE to stuff.
Excuse me but that is not how I love progression in video game. What the point of leveling (except lerning class), better to make instant CR40 server, like their was on DAOC, if the point of the game is only HL.
Want to play at my speed, and put stuff for my level, with coherence in the progression.
Maybe you two play in different ways, but there is wisdom in what he say. BiS PvP sets are crazy expensive. Doing pve will save you a lot of crest and it will expand your options. You should do all the r40 pve content as soon as I can
Zputadenti

bw10

Post#17 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

Identify org wbs and follow them, leech of their kills. Its easy as rpds and the gain of rr and crests is very fast. You will learn more about game and how to play rvr in week of trailing org wbs solo, than youll learn in a month of 1-39 scs. Hell, you can even join their discords and follow the leader calls

Loctar

Post#18 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

I'll try to follow your advices guys.
It's hard to understand as a lot of player says when in T4 you will be crushed without your RR40 :?

Already have my pvp set, so I'll wear it when I can (not that expensive). Then, pve to stuff until 40

Ads
Loctar

Post#19 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm

bw10 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

Identify org wbs and follow them, leech of their kills. Its easy as rpds and the gain of rr and crests is very fast. You will learn more about game and how to play rvr in week of trailing org wbs solo, than youll learn in a month of 1-39 scs. Hell, you can even join their discords and follow the leader calls
That is what I do, and you are right, I learn. Unfortunatly sometimes (like yesterday at caledor) there is not kill, we push, they push, and finally no gain. For those situations, I'd like to go SC and gain RR, but not possible

Emissary
Community Management

Post#20 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 pm

Thank you Loctar for your suggestions, so you are saying with new player experience. You think a level 24 piece of gear should require 24 rr or are you saying the level 24 rr should be lowered?

I understand your concerns on the xp gain in scs. There are times where you just have to stop leveling through scs and do open rvr to let your rr outpace your xp.

Thoughts?
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!