Recent Topics

Ads

Kotbs : New Myrmidia's Fury buff suggestion.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Farrul

Kotbs : New Myrmidia's Fury buff suggestion.

Post#1 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:11 am

When I re-checked Patch notes for general tank channel attack improvements, i noticed Myrmida's Fury damage scaling seems to be mirrored to Chosen Relentless scaling. (anyone please feel free to confirm - at least base damage is set equal but unsure about weapon scaling and damage scaling numbers on Relentless)
: viewtopic.php?t=52372

So to summerize, SM/BO have the highest damage/damage scaling channel attacks. IB has second highest base whilst gaining strong bonuses through grudges. BG regenerates A LOT of class resources. Finally Chosen is converted into spirit/magical attack bypassing all the need for armor penetration.

Myrmidia's Fury stands out as comparatively pathetic to everything else. It gains no special effect through a tactic nor does it have anything baked in, plus damage-wise is on the weak side.

Hence my suggestion for this thread.

Mirroring the Chosen design on tactic spot number 7 prior to channel attacks on spot number 9 on the left side skill-tree :

1) Overpowering Swing now adds 10% armor penetration to Myrmida's Fury.. Goes along with the theme (runefang / precision strike) whilst giving Myrmida's a slightly increase in performance. I do realize this might seem like a weak- suggestion in comparison to the Chosen mirror class but the general idea is to give Myrmida's Fury a moderate boost to feel less weak not to match Chosen in offensive performance.

2)There is a second consideration to this suggestion. The fact that Overpowering Swing - tactic has no use at all to any Knight before lvl 40 whilst being available at early level. This leads to an illogical progression for 2 handed Knights leveling along the Conquest path, thus attempting fixing 2 issues with 1 move. Imho both make a lot of sense.

I'd like to hear your thoughts and especially from endgame geared Kotbs ( unfortunately i do not have one, but i keep hearing complaints regarding this issue).

Ads
Sever1n

Re: Kotbs : New Myrmidia's Fury buff suggestion.

Post#2 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:22 am

You forgot that kotbs dont have armor debuff, while bork and bg have. Pair that with m1, and target will be near zero armor. Only solution really for kotbs, is mirror of chosen tactics, or give him armorshred. Whole server knows dps kotbs is underperforming compared to other tanks mainly tnx to this.

Farrul

Re: Kotbs : New Myrmidia's Fury buff suggestion.

Post#3 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:24 am

I hear you but entirely new abilities like armor debuff falls outside the scoop of this suggestion, let's stay on topic - Myrmida's Fury. I know there has been a lot of debate/controversy in the past regarding the Mighty Soul tactic removal.

I don't whish to go there but instead suggest something moderate that we could realistically get within our lifetimes.

P.S. Just as an experiment let me bold, Overpowering Swing: Arcing Swing will now additionally make enemies 10% more likely to be critically hit and causes Myrmida's Fury to inflict elemental damage. This is now a direct mirror of the Chosen effect.

I don't really know what to think about it. Need input from experienced Knights.