Recent Topics

Ads

Abandoned Keep Fights

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Dobzse

Abandoned Keep Fights

Post#1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:45 am

After leveling a zone to 2 stars a siege is initiated by either side.
Defenders likely only staying in the keep to defend it if there is a chance they can repel the invaders.
In dire circumstances the keep fights are dodged with war reports,guild scrolls,gunbad scrolls, etc.
Sure nobody likes to feed kills... I get that. But spending 20-40mins to crack open two keep doors, bashing down a keep lord to get ~500renown is not a fun experience.
My suggestion is if you stayed for keep defense but you bailed the end fight the invaders should be rewarded properly.
It feels terrible to fight through a whole siege, the enemy is shooting you from the walls, oils you down and after you manage to secure the keep you walk away with renown points worth of a BO.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Ads
Nameless

Re: Abandoned Keep Fights

Post#2 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:59 am

Just dont wait everybody to log off to attack keep. Try to do prime time siege and the person that will port will be prolly you
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Pahakukka

Post#3 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:48 am

I wouldnt mind removing The 3-4 star bonuses just for The sake of getting sieges happens. This 3 star before siege meta pretty much gets both active zones stuck on primetime.

After The campaign was removed there shouldnt Be any reason to hold The zones.

3 star keep won't get sieged unless there is heavy aao or all The organized Guilds have decided to balance The same realm. So it often means stalemate until bedtime for most of The ppl.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

Dobzse

Post#4 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:09 am

Nameless wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:59 am Just dont wait everybody to log off to attack keep. Try to do prime time siege and the person that will port will be prolly you
I can read out loud or write a post for you, but I can't understand it for you.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Frankie

Post#5 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:43 am

Meddling with the renown ding is just treating the symptoms, not the solution. Epic defenses and takeovers are things of the past indeed.

Encouraging players to defend even in desperate situations is the obvious goal. From the top of my head, morale-like abilites for the keep itself or the keep lord would be one, that is dependable on player ratio. Likewise something similar for the attackers if their number is inferior to the defenders.
Moirran, Zealot RR40+
Albin, Blackguard <40

Ferenz, Witch Hunter RR40+
Gottlob, Warrior Priest <40

Reivren27

Post#6 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:43 am

The RVR and sieges system needs to be reworked, that's all.
I hope the developers will do this after all the class/archetype balance patches.

Detangler

Post#7 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:58 pm

The vast majority of players and pretty much all wb leaders are all veterans. They all know what will be the likely result if numbers on one side or the other are not enough for a win, and people intentionally avoid keep sieges because they dont like losing. Simple as that. Until keep siege mechanics give underpopulated sides some sort of combat advantage to help even the playing field, this is what you get.

You could always swap to the underpopulated side, too.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

gyps

Post#8 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:12 pm

There is little to none strategic on the current gameplay system, we need BO's to affect sieging or defending results either by adding keep lord's helpers (create 4 OP Lord mobs as dps,tank,healer, mdps) that appear/gets stronger or dissappear/gets weaker once the BO is taken or maintained on your side.

Force big mobs to split out over the map, lets say 4 wbs? and this gives one single WB the possibility to have a chance to defend a keep or at least disrupt the ongoing war.

Ads
Stinksuit

Post#9 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:15 pm

Not sure if it really does anything on the long run but maybe giving some sort of rewards for failed sieges could help atleast a little bit. You already get renown for lost zone so why not give renown for failed siege attempt? Atleast that way you don't leave completely empty handed if the siege fails.

HammerGuy

Post#10 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:13 pm

gyps wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:12 pm There is little to none strategic on the current gameplay system, we need BO's to affect sieging or defending results either by adding keep lord's helpers (create 4 OP Lord mobs as dps,tank,healer, mdps) that appear/gets stronger or dissappear/gets weaker once the BO is taken or maintained on your side.

Force big mobs to split out over the map, lets say 4 wbs? and this gives one single WB the possibility to have a chance to defend a keep or at least disrupt the ongoing war.
I like this idea. Anything that forces the zerg to break apart is good. It gives the less populated side a chance to get some kills.

I'm partial to making players champions (similar to stage 3 in city sieges) based on how imbalanced the population around the keep is.

The other option would be to reward defending, even if you lose. There just isn't any incentive to defend unless you can get kills, meanwhile attacking gets you a reward even with an empty keep.