Recent Topics

Ads

Leveling up experience suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
culland

Leveling up experience suggestions

Post#1 » Mon May 27, 2024 2:12 pm

I meant to write this after I hit 40, but now I am almost 80, so likely I have forgotten a few things. These suggestions are the top things that annoyed me from 17-40 on two characters

- 50% horse, get rid of it. You are forcing folks into T4 at level 17, why are you making them the slow minnows by default, just to be eaten by the chasing enemy? I see no benefit to the game to keep these slower horses in T4. I do not even see why they are in T1, but at least everyone is the same speed.

- the bolster 'freeze' is super annoying. Assuming that it cannot be fixed, it would be nice if the bolster area was extend to include the res point, so that every time you die you are not forced to have two game freezes, first while it drops, then again when you re-enter the area.

- bolster should increase reward chance to some extent, till about lvl 30. Not sure if its the build up of bag rolls, or what, but in both characters I rarely got anything meaningful till about lvl 30 no matter how many boxes and such that I ran.

- enemy should not be able to see a player is a low level, it makes them a target, thought it was nice to know when you are fighting someone less than 40, so if possible maybe enemy below 40 can see someone is below 40 as well

Hope that helps.

Ads
Everdin

Re: Leveling up experience suggestions

Post#2 » Tue May 28, 2024 7:54 am

culland wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:12 pm I meant to write this after I hit 40, but now I am almost 80, so likely I have forgotten a few things. These suggestions are the top things that annoyed me from 17-40 on two characters

- 50% horse, get rid of it. You are forcing folks into T4 at level 17, why are you making them the slow minnows by default, just to be eaten by the chasing enemy? I see no benefit to the game to keep these slower horses in T4. I do not even see why they are in T1, but at least everyone is the same speed.

- the bolster 'freeze' is super annoying. Assuming that it cannot be fixed, it would be nice if the bolster area was extend to include the res point, so that every time you die you are not forced to have two game freezes, first while it drops, then again when you re-enter the area.

- bolster should increase reward chance to some extent, till about lvl 30. Not sure if its the build up of bag rolls, or what, but in both characters I rarely got anything meaningful till about lvl 30 no matter how many boxes and such that I ran.

- enemy should not be able to see a player is a low level, it makes them a target, thought it was nice to know when you are fighting someone less than 40, so if possible maybe enemy below 40 can see someone is below 40 as well

Hope that helps.
Not seeing the level would change nearly nothing, you see the difference on equip (some more, some less), as long as no high char wears low tier transmog, but you can't hide low gear.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

BluIzLucky

Re: Leveling up experience suggestions

Post#3 » Tue May 28, 2024 9:24 am

Agreed on the mount issue, I don't think it's a big deal but would be better to have the CR16 mount match the speed of CR38.
Then you'd just be paying for better looks and lower dismount chance.

I don't think hiding levels will help, my bet is more low levels are being ignored than killed based on seeing their CR.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70