Recent Topics

Ads

Disable Rift/Electromagnet prior to releasing t3

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Renork

Disable Rift/Electromagnet prior to releasing t3

Post#1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:52 pm

I posted this on the bugtracker, but was redirected here. Since it looks like t3 release is not too far from now..I suggest disabling magnet/rift until door los is fixed. If keep doors are not following the regular los rules, then anyone attacking the door will be sucked into the keep and slaughtered. Since siege is not being implemented just yet, then this will just make keep takes impossible. I have seen plenty of people rolling engies/mag's with this idea in mind, and although it sounds fun to do for a while, it's just going to get repetitive and people will avoid keep takes even more.

INC : omg newb liek get a healer to spam aoe heal from outside and ur g00d liek lolz who would die to 494390239 destro/order/guards inside a keep l2play.

Sorry for screwing up your plans baddies :>

Ads
Gobtar

Re: Disable Rift/Electromagnet prior to releasing t3

Post#2 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:02 pm

As hilarious as it would be the first time, it would get old quick. I think disabling rift/electromagnet around the keep will indeed be a thing. No reason to completely disable 1/3 of the reasons people play magus.

RyanMakara

Post#3 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Disabling an ability based on where you are in the T3 lake? Devs can hardly code the RvR flag application properly, let alone expand, or even place completely new RvR lakes in a PvE zone. I highly doubt the devs can easily disable a sole ability near a keep door. if is it possible without too much hassle, however, I fully support the suggestion.

Renork

Post#4 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:07 pm

RyanMakara wrote:Disabling an ability based on where you are in the T3 lake? Devs can hardly code the RvR flag application properly, let alone expand, or even place completely new RvR lakes in a PvE zone. I highly doubt the devs can easily disable a sole ability near a keep door. if is it possible without too much hassle, however, I fully support the suggestion.

Disable it in general.

Azarael

Post#5 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:09 pm

RyanMakara wrote:Disabling an ability based on where you are in the T3 lake? Devs can hardly code the RvR flag application properly, let alone expand, or even place completely new RvR lakes in a PvE zone. I highly doubt the devs can easily disable a sole ability near a keep door. if is it possible without too much hassle, however, I fully support the suggestion.
Wow, holy ****. Like a sodding knife to the chest.

The reason the RvR flagging doesn't work properly is because the check for your current area is still done during transition phases, when you have a bad position value with a zero Y component. This means that for zones which have their RvR area on the top of the map, you'll flag when logging or zoning into those zones.

This was low priority and has been fixed locally for a few days, but if I'm going to be judged as incompetent for not fixing trivial stuff immediately, I guess I need to change my priorities.

And yes, I can disable abilities near a keep door.

Renork

Post#6 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Azarael wrote:
Wow, holy ****. Like a sodding knife to the chest.

The reason the RvR flagging doesn't work properly is because the check for your current area is still done during transition phases, when you have a bad position value with a zero Y component. This means that for zones which have their RvR area on the top of the map, you'll flag when logging or zoning into those zones.

This was low priority and has been fixed locally for a few days, but if I'm going to be judged as incompetent for not fixing trivial stuff immediately, I guess I need to change my priorities.

And yes, I can disable abilities near a keep door.
Oh my.

Um well anyways............... That would be fantastic :>!

zabis

Post#7 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Azarael wrote:And yes, I can disable abilities near a keep door.
#BURN!!
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Penril

Post#8 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:14 pm

Premade attacks the door.

Premade gets rifted inside.

Premade slaughters enemies on the first floor, while the mdps from their realm get inside from the postern.

Your realm now has full control of the keep's first floor.

Ads
Renork

Post#9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Penril wrote:Premade attacks the door.

Premade gets rifted inside.

Premade slaughters enemies on the first floor, while the mdps from their realm get inside from the postern.

Your realm now has full control of the keep's first floor.

And this right here is why no one should take you seriously. Your ego is so up your rear that you think your "premades" are god's gift to the mmo community.

Edit: woops I forgot to add. Pounce bro?
Last edited by Renork on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azarael

Post#10 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:17 pm

Round 7. Fight?