Recent Topics

Ads

Game Update News - 24/05/2024

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Code of Conduct
Hazmy
Community Management

Game Update News - 24/05/2024

Post#1 » Fri May 24, 2024 6:44 pm

Game Update News
Ability Effects

In our most recent Patch and Client Update , that you can download here, several optimizations and quality of life changes have been implemented that we would love to hear your feedback about. The majority of these changes are affecting Ability Animations that might have an effect on your client's performance and we want the best experience for everyone.

If these updates are already visible to you, you do not need to download our newest client, only if for some reason yours is outdated and you don't see these changes.

For installing our new Client, we recommend a clean installation without copying over old files to prevent any complications with our new client version.

Challenge Glow

First, this feature has been requested by a lot of you for some time.

With the new update, the old red glow animation is no longer visible on enemy targets that have been Challenged by Tank Careers. This not only improves performance but also improves clarity and overall visuals in battles, both small and large scale.

If you still have glowing enemies, you can update your client for this change.

Area of Effect Abilities

Additionally, there were changes applied to certain abilities that have an area effect. These abilities have a core place in the current game and are also required for certain game mechanics both in PvE and PvP content, and as such we were thinking they should be visible at all times.

We understand many of you play on low settings or have animations disabled so feedback about this is extremely important to us.

As of the new Update, certain Area Effect Abilities such as "Rain of Fire" from Bright Wizards or "Pit of Shades" from Sorcerers will be visible even while users set their "Play Ability Effects on" only to "Self" or "None".

Player Feedback

That is it for our Game Update News this time around.

These changes can be currently considered experimental and we are looking for player feedback about them, so please share your thoughts and your experience. We are especially curious about how these changes affect game performance and we want to ensure we do not worsen that aspect of the game, while visuals are being modified

Thank you for reading!

WAAAGH!

Ads
Fey

Re: Game Update News - 24/05/2024

Post#2 » Sat May 25, 2024 2:02 am

We love this game amigos.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

dshdf

Post#3 » Sat May 25, 2024 7:12 am

strongly against aoe's being visible at any effect level, maybe dedicate a separate setting for it, but please do not enforce this change for those who specifically plays on no effect to avoid seeing fluff aoe animations all over the screen in RVR

do not have a same issue for specific pve encounters tho

anarchypark

Post#4 » Sat May 25, 2024 8:26 am

I tested it on a new download and old both.
they are same in my case.

The red glow is not visible on enemy targets, but the tank itself still glows.

I can still see Rain of Fire and Pit of Shades with the effects set to "none."

i guess all working fine.
but during test i found weird thing.

My own Rain of Fire's effect disappears after showing for 1 second.
The cast bar and damage are fine. The skill works, but the effects are not persisting.
This problem occurs only on my screen. Others can still see the full duration of my skill effect.
i can see enemy RoF or PoS effects on orvr for full duration.
Whether the effect setting is "all" or "none," it’s the same.

The Sorcerer's Pit of Shades and the Magus's Tzeentch's Firestorm/Dissolving Mist have the same issue; they disappear after 1 second on my screen.
RP and zealot's ground marks are disappearing too.
my own skill on my own screen act weirdly.

anyone have same problem?
Since the fresh settings from the new download have the same problem as the old ones, could it be a hardware or driver issue?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS6, BW6, WP8, WH7, IB8, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm6, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

cacumen

Post#5 » Sat May 25, 2024 6:06 pm

Omg, finally the red glow is off!! It was such a bad effect to have. Now recording this game will be much better, that red glow effect was just too much.

wonshot

Post#6 » Sun May 26, 2024 1:09 am

Great patch!
First of all, the red challenge glow was a nice experiment and glad you tried it. But im beyond happy its gone, it was overshadowing and intrusive to the overview of larger battles!

As for some abilities being visual on all settings, I its important to have a clear goal for this direction.
a) game performance
b) visual indication on limmited nonstacking abilities
c) gameplay performance

From top of my head Tank ID M4 have its effect showing with lowest settings and for such a powerful reduction it makes sence. but the animation is so over the top also. Rain of Fire and Pit of shades makes sense in pvp as these abilities are hard damagepersecond but also because they dont stack if several casters try to aoe the same area it is now showing. But also one boss encounter in gudbad midle wing use the Pit of Shade animation ability so nice to no longer run into situations of "danm i cant see it forgot to turn settings up and checkmark boxes"

Personally I think all nonstacking groundtargets need to be enabled if this is to help players understand why their abilities are not ticking, instead of just allowing two of them. So thinking Engineer and Magus napalm, mist, storm, shells maybe added or will this limmit game performance too much on low settings?

Or option C) where stuff like Stinky feetz and MoM are now being showed so players with low settings can manuver even on Fastest Framerate and nothing else is shown on this setting and instead a setting option is being made were nonstacking groundtargets are being shown on top of the Fastest framerate.

My pc could easily run RoR on highest, but i prefer lowest settings for the overview and cleanness so having too much animations added would be a downgrade for me personally.
Bombling 92BW
<Reign Of Fire> An Empire-only EU guild. For The Challenge of racial restricted RvR & for the Empire!

Vaul

Post#7 » Sun May 26, 2024 6:46 am

Thanks for the update on this, good comms.

I'd like to see the Mara's pull line with effects settings set to low/off if that is possible, similar to how we can still see puddles.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

JohnnyWayne

Post#8 » Sun May 26, 2024 12:30 pm

Is this the reason why crashes have increased for me in the last two days? If so, is this a smart move?

Ads
Helwer

Post#9 » Mon May 27, 2024 8:09 pm

Hammer on my engi is still broke. Please fix.

Jeliel80

Post#10 » Tue May 28, 2024 12:00 pm

Some considerations after the (in progress) ability rework system:

WoI is back as working as old iterations, i.e. fire and forget, no way to stop it.
There was a reason this has been changed in the past, taunt and similar interrupts should stop it.

Mara Pull: super buggy as old times, both pulling from galaxies away, not breaking on los, and on the other hand too easily disrupted (it's not supposed to be a spell in theory).

We'z Bigger: BO gets 6 sec speed, no way this isn't mirrored on Order side (SM has the same ability with no speed - Vaul's Tempering).

In general the damage output and spike is significantly increased with the ability rework/stat adjustment, while healing output didn't significantly scale.
This might be indented (which is fine) or an abnormal result of the changes, just pointing it out.

Some glaring outliers, from the top of my head and just my 2c ofc.

Thanks for the work and take care.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 85
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 82
Jelielina - AM 81