Recent Topics

Ads

warrior priest dps, thoughts

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
penagos22
Posts: 4

warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:27 am

hi,
sorry for my english XD.
after trying to play with the warrior warrior dps and being ridiculed and insulted.

after playing it I reached some conclusions that I want to share with you,

first, the wp dps is out of the meta because of his lack of damage in area and the weaknesses of a heal class, which cannot be solve without giving up the necessary statistics to do damage and that the available equipment cannot replace.

second, as I mentioned in the previous point, the available equipment has a bonus that does not really help to do and neither mitigate damage.

third, there are 5 very important stats for wp dps to work WS, STR, PARRY, CRIT CHANCE, DISR; which we must balance with RR but due to the need to accumulate CRIT CHANCE there is no viable way to balance these stats.

Fourth, the DISR is very important since it is necessary to be able to survive in the front line of the battle, since the magic damage can be mitigated but still is very high and you will always be the focus of the casters.

Fifth, this can be controversial but the wp dps does not have a gapcloser and must be approached running to his objectives, and if he reaches his objective he does not have damage to kill his target, making it really frustrating to play with the warrior priest.

sixth, the mass repent is not a viable option because in my opinion you have to use emperor ward or shield of faith to survive on the front line, and that renouncing to hastened divinity and also can not be used smite and soul fire necessary to max the damage done.

although he has many flaws it also has virtues

First, if you accumulates WS and PARRY makes you a very good frontline if there are no casters.

second, you do not need any ability to provoke anyone because the destros detest you and they will always go for you first, always, so if you have guards on you It will be a sc or a very easy battle.

third, if you accumulate WS as the main statistic, you can hit to a 2-handed tanks crits of 900 with an average gear, and even do a decent damage to a shield tank.

Finally, how to improve the situation of this class:

First, in general, we cannot choose a moral of degree 4 because we must always look for the sigmar grace, so one of the possibilities would be in the tree of the wp grace
leave this skill with (sigmar grace) 6 skill points, and all wp should have something more to offer than the m3 shields.

Second, remove the cast time from the soulfire and put a CD of 8 or 10 seconds and could be the damage instant and the damage can be nerf if it is very high.

third, remove the mechanic of the CRIT and the GUILTY SOUL, perhaps increase the damage in a flat way without accumulating it, or if you do not want to change this mechanic an option would also Let each critic do damage immediately and not in time since what we need is burst damage.

Fourth, perhaps combine the shield of faith and fanaticism tactics and perhaps removing the crit and even the damage, and put on top of the tree so other carrers cant abuse of this tactic

fifth, since the wp dps is not very mobile, buff him in what stands out, that is destroying tanks in the first line since all the dps do not have to be destroyers of backliners.


I do the post with love, thanking the work of the devs and forgive the English again.

Ads
Hypernia
Posts: 102

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:13 am

I play DPS dok, but the points should hold the same for WP.

1. Dps before 6 pc bloodlord is pretty much a waste of time - the crit and WS procs make up for the massive deficiency of main stats the dps dok/wp has.

2. Absolute minimum stats must be 7k wounds and 0% chance to be crit. Only after this should you focus on damage stats

3. Melee crit can easily get to 30% without renown, spend your renown on strength and parry, and more reduced chance to be crit

4. WS is a luxury stat right now, it's better to focus str

5. Lack of gap closer means it's only viable in groups, or versus specific matchups. Good kite range classes will kill you 1v1 with ease.

6. It will get better after Warlord / Sov - finally theres better chances for good set mixing and stacking main stats properly

User avatar
Scottx125
Posts: 207

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#3 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:54 pm

As Hypernia said, the main issue is closing distance. And if you get KD you are dead. WP damage however as far as I know is worse than Dok. It's a real shame DPS WP are useless outside SC's, and even in them are only just viable if you have a good group comp and decent gear. What I will say is that DPS WP sustained DPS is crap, and your burst is okay. The main saving grace of wrath is the utility of ignoring enemy armour by 25% and reducing effective heal of a target by 25% again. So if you build into WS and STR you can make a decent can opener. You really need to build him in a way that also improves his sustained DPS, can't remember the skill but with normal attacks you have a chance to apply X% dmg and gain X% back as health, useful when building crit and taking the 50% increased AA speed on crit tactic.

User avatar
kmark101
Posts: 326

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#4 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:04 pm

Playing a dps WP you are making our side autolose every game mode. Please don't do it. If you want to play dps, there are plenty of classes to roll instead.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

User avatar
Ototo
Posts: 1015

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#5 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:50 pm

TL;DR Just don't WP dps. It's the worst hybrid of the game. You are forced into bloodlord weapons, ultra end-game gear and equipment, etc... and all that to be even worse than the DoK dps, which is not exactly a great class either.
Spoiler:

User avatar
Scottx125
Posts: 207

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#6 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:39 pm

Ototo wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:50 pm
TL;DR Just don't WP dps. It's the worst hybrid of the game. You are forced into bloodlord weapons, ultra end-game gear and equipment, etc... and all that to be even worse than the DoK dps, which is not exactly a great class either.
You can't deny his hopes and dreams!

blechkautz
Posts: 61

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#7 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:12 am

Ototo wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:50 pm
TL;DR Just don't WP dps. It's the worst hybrid of the game. You are forced into bloodlord weapons, ultra end-game gear and equipment, etc... and all that to be even worse than the DoK dps, which is not exactly a great class either.
You know that meleedok is really stong nowadays? Nearly every destro 6v6 team runs one. But clearly they have no clue, what they are doing...
kmark101 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:04 pm
Playing a dps WP you are making our side autolose every game mode. Please don't do it. If you want to play dps, there are plenty of classes to roll instead.
I beg to disagree.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Click here to watch on YouTube
Second one is neither in bis gear nor in a grp build around and definitly not played very good.

It's an ok dps and needs the team to be build around, but it's definitly not a autolose if you know what you are doing, but you should accept, that you are a mdps then and not a healer, which means without guard and heals it can be tough. But on the plusside it allows some strange setups for a 6 man to be decent 8-)

User avatar
Ototo
Posts: 1015

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#8 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:07 am

blechkautz wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:12 am
Ototo wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:50 pm
TL;DR Just don't WP dps. It's the worst hybrid of the game. You are forced into bloodlord weapons, ultra end-game gear and equipment, etc... and all that to be even worse than the DoK dps, which is not exactly a great class either.
You know that meleedok is really stong nowadays? Nearly every destro 6v6 team runs one. But clearly they have no clue, what they are doing...
Afaik, they run it for the sustained versus aSW and bBW. If you survive the initial burst of these classes, you are more than likely to kill them. By contrast the class lacks a burst skill or a decent morale to bomb or even a CC, meaning that you can't double them in example cause they lack every tool in a true DPS arsenal. And even when under Drowning in Blood, they can't compare to the damage potential of a true dd class. Any WE or Choppa will deploy A LOT more damage in the same window of time than a DPS DoK can, but will have it way harder to survive an opening burst. Let's call the class a fail-safe button.
Spoiler:

Ads
blechkautz
Posts: 61

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#9 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Ototo wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:07 am
blechkautz wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:12 am
Ototo wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:50 pm
TL;DR Just don't WP dps. It's the worst hybrid of the game. You are forced into bloodlord weapons, ultra end-game gear and equipment, etc... and all that to be even worse than the DoK dps, which is not exactly a great class either.
You know that meleedok is really stong nowadays? Nearly every destro 6v6 team runs one. But clearly they have no clue, what they are doing...
Afaik, they run it for the sustained versus aSW and bBW. If you survive the initial burst of these classes, you are more than likely to kill them. By contrast the class lacks a burst skill or a decent morale to bomb or even a CC, meaning that you can't double them in example cause they lack every tool in a true DPS arsenal. And even when under Drowning in Blood, they can't compare to the damage potential of a true dd class. Any WE or Choppa will deploy A LOT more damage in the same window of time than a DPS DoK can, but will have it way harder to survive an opening burst. Let's call the class a fail-safe button.
So you claim, they play their meleedok, which deals subpar dmg compared to other dps classes as a emergency healer? Did you ever play 6v6 with or against a meleedok since the release of Bloodlord or are just throwing out assumptions?
Because I have not seen a bw in a serious 6v6 grp for a long time. Also what is a bBW? Also speaking of the lack of burst/moral to dumb, you know there is a moral 3 called Universal Confusion, which is a good example of a moral for a coordinated moral dumb. Also claiming that true dps classes deal "A LOT" more dmg is just wrong, the dmg is on par with other dps. Nobody would be picking mdok as a dps if the dmg is lackluster. It doesn't help you that you get more heal, if you can't kill the enemy... Because if you can't pressure the enemy enough, they can do whatever they want, and then it's only a matter of time till you eat some good coordinated cc and get punished for your toothless setup. Sure the extra heal of mdok helps the class, but it's not the only reason to bring it not even the main reason. Also "Let's call the class a fail-safe button." is your opinion, which I don't share and probally most other don't share aswell, so please don't let it sound as this is the common thinking about mdok.

User avatar
larsulu
Suspended
Posts: 446

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#10 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:18 pm

Wp dps is a strong class, you just need a proper build grp comp.
Also it deals more dmg then dok dps .
The reason why dok dps seems better is for hd and ap drain.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests