Recent Topics

Ads

Extracting Models/Textures???

Let's talk about... everything else
OllyOrc

Re: Extracting Models/Textures???

Post#11 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:55 am

Hi Drops,

your program looks awesome! I had recently asked W4kfu to extend his diffuse_parser into a converter but looks like you have already. Please let me know when you get a chance to release it.

Thanks

:)

http://forum.dark-omen.org/3d-scenery-m ... 5#msg13675

Ads
Dex7491

Post#12 » Mon May 02, 2016 1:25 pm

Drops wrote:File paths are hashed, but the hashing function is already known, so it's not really much of an obstacle. In fact, Lando claims that he can put new stuff in the game already and I have no reason not to belive him.

Just to be clear, my program won't allow to modify the client data in any way. I don't want to be responsible for anyone messing up their game or getting banned for cheating. :roll:
Which I totally support. I'm not looking to edit anything in-game here; that's for the devs to handle, and the devs alone. I'm just hoping for a way to extract models and textures for editing for my own purposes, for my own use, and not for re-release to anyone else, at least not without explicit permission from the devs (which if it comes to that and they were to say no, I would absolutely respect).

OllyOrc

Post#13 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:15 pm

Hi Londo,

is it cool to discuss extracting .diffuse & .geom files ? If not then please remove the following ->

I've now got an extended version of W4kfu's diffuse_parser.py that can successfully extract any .diffuse file from \Art2\assetdb\decals but only if it has square dimensions. Unfortunately when it tries to extract a rectangular texture some of the image gets misaligned.

Discoveries:
1. Rectangular files are encoded with DXT1
2. unk_word_00 and unk_word_01 should be used somehow to handle shifts in rect. images
3. http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 0&start=15 contains incorrect hypothesis that "Each word is the amount to make the width, height of the mipmap to be powers of 2 texture." - that is not true, e.g. file 2DC30914_3CFEA094AD011110.diffuse (contains w = 0x0100, h = 0x0088, uw00 = 0x0000, uw01 = 0x0114, but if we add h + uw01 we get 0x19C, which is not power of 2).
4) Square go up to 512x512 and rectangles 256x256

The problem also to calculate proper offset to concrete mipmap's data, because "offset" field seems to be incorrect for rect. images. It appears, rectangular image contains of several smaller images with different sizes, which are separated with black squares

i.e. I was able to extract part of 2DB15207_0F5EED43122F922F.diffuse largest image (176 x 256). This subimage has sizes 172x128, other parts of image are shifted.

Playing around in photoshop and manually shifted lines around made an improvement, so eventually we could get full image but the problem is that this image is 172 x 252 (not 176 x 256 as mipmap's header promised) and shift is not constant. That is why I believe that rectangular image is divided to some kind of subimages with black squares between them to complement image to 176x256 or 256x256 size.

Currently testing an updated version that allows manual setting of the width and offset (rotation) for rectangles.

Any help or advice will be gratefully received

Thanks

Square Good

Rectangle Bad

iSpam

Post#14 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Hey Olly, I know it's been half a year since your post and all, hopefully you see this. Been trying to go through the steps you posted http://forum.dark-omen.org/3d-scenery-m ... 361.0.html, but never having used Python before I've gone through a lot of issues. I'm vaguely familiar with scripting, having only used Unity before. But through research and such I finally figured out how to use the geom2obj and the geomparser, even figured out how to get the construct part installed, but when I try going through your command line bit, I get to "C:\Python26\Lib\idlelib>geom2obj.py fg.0.0.all_bit_lordvarlthrok_01.geom
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python26\Lib\idlelib\geom2obj.py", line 2, in <module>
import geom_parser
File "C:\Python26\Lib\idlelib\geom_parser.py", line 4, in <module>
import construct
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\construct\__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
from construct.core import *
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\construct\core.py", line 2065
return {sc.name:getattr(obj,sc.name) for sc in self.subcon.subcons if sc.name is not None}
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

At this point, I have no idea what to do, and I don't think I'll be able to find info on the internet. Going to go to the site of the guys who made the construct and see if there's anything there. I'm just trying to get these models, hopefully figure out how to texture them with stuff exported with easyMYP, then figure out some way to turn them into FBX, which apparently there's some sort of converter, then finally start implementing the models into a Dragon Age: Origins mod. It's a shame Londo isn't able to post all of his findings for fear of abuse, but I get it. Oh and if there is a way to talk about this elsewhere I'd love to, as I don't want to flood these forums, but I can't PM
If you ever do see this, please reply, even if you can't help me, which is cool, I have a feeling this is more of a situational issue.

PartizanRUS

Post#15 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:28 am

RoR devs already figured out how to extract textures and modify game, they just keep it for themselves.
There is a way to extract character models and Olly even mentioned it. So the only problem for modders is character textures. Other objects' textures are without any compression.

War Priest texture I used :

Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
Image https://i.imgur.com/Un7WASp.jpg Image Image

iSpam

Post#16 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:02 am

Yeah I've been up and down about every forum post about all this, and I'm aware Londo and the team are withholding the info. I mean he did do the work himself, and this is their project and I wouldn't blame them for not wanting people to ruin or abuse it, but at the same time this isn't a AAA project, just a dedicated group reviving the work of a game they loved. I just wish I had the knowledge myself to figure all these things out, being fairly new to not only modeling/textures, well honestly to all of it. My only experience is through Unity, so that should tell you something hah. Just wanting to create another experience in the Age of Reckoning world since there are so few Warhammer fantasy games worth playing, and really no rpg/adventure. Such a lore and atmosphere rich world. Vermintide is good, but it's just a reskinned L4D with better mechanics.

OllyOrc

Post#17 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi Torquemadra,

I'm unable to reply to your PM so posting here instead. It's a great idea for us to help each other and I can certainly share any 3d buildings/scenery models, that we create for our Warhammer Dark Omen 2 mod and for our Unreal Engine Dark Omen Reborn remake project.

Not sure if you want it but I've got hundreds of scenery models from Mark Of Chaos/Battle March extracted, that only require thier textures to be reapplied and also have permission from the Total War modders (warhammer mods) to reuse their 3d character models (alot of their own work but some mods did use MoC/BM models and others from Warhammer Online and here, who would also probably love to share resources).

Dresden
Banned

Post#18 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:53 pm

I used to make custom skins all the time, i'd love to do that here but i've been way too naughty. :cry: ;)
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads