[Runepriest] Runepriest noob, advice please!

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Foxbeep

[Runepriest] Runepriest noob, advice please!

Post#1 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:00 pm

Hey guys

My RP is at 27 now and I'm just realizing that although I'm healing, resurrecting fallen allies, debuffing enemies and buffing my buddies I have no idea exactly how the runepriest is most effectively played.

The mastery paths all seem attractive but I can't tell if there's even a meta-build for the RP since he's so versatile. Does anyone have any advice for playing my little bundle of grumbling heals?

I've got all my renown into Dodge/Disrupt and the spare points in toughness
I'm currently specced into the path of Griminir for the Master Rune of Fury and the heal debuff on crit but I can't seem to find when it's appropriate to switch to rune of breaking and start smashing heads.

Any tips on playing RP effectively other than sitting back and spamming AoE heals like a goof?

Ads
Lileldys

Re: [Runepriest] Runepriest noob, advice please!

Post#2 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Ok with Runepriest, Left tree is Single Target healing, and the Rightmost is AoE Healing. Don't try and do damage, or debuff, it's really not worth trying to do both. The only thing you'll want to do offensively(or even defensively) is stagger.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=rp; ... 862:3863:0:
With this build, your AoE heals aren't great so watch out with that. This build works amazing with a Warrior Priest in the Group. Your job is to keep a dps up with Rune of Restoration. Crit heals for 2k, and can be boosted to 2.5k+ with the tactic choice "Blessing of Grungni". Don't be afraid to blanket with "Blessing of Valaya" though, it's great for the tactic "Restorative Burst". Always try to keep your Master Rune up. Pre HoT before battle and hopefully a dps will get a nice armour buff :).

Ok I mentioned the Stagger ( Rune of Binding ), and its super useful and a lot of players are underestimating it. Toggle on "Rune of Breaking", Stagger, and turn off Rune of Breaking. There are 2 main uses of this skill. Stagger a healer, meaning the enemy team is down a healer for 6 seconds, Or use it as a second detaunt when a dps starts going for you. It's not the best in PUG, but in premade it's amazing. I HIGHLY recommend Buffhead to be able to quickly view enemy's buffs for immunites.

Next build. AoE "Goof"
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=rp; ... 862:3863:0:
This is an AoE heal oriented build, while keeping the master rune. It does require RR40 to complete with the tactic choice, but you are able to use without the tactic. Just spam AoE heals like a goof. It becomes strong at RR40 with each heal having a 25% chance of giving a 585 shield atm.

Remember to use your cooldowns wisely. The best ones are 3 minute cooldowns :S
1.) Protection of the Ancestors is a 104 wounds buff for anyone in my group. Remember this means its also a 1040 Heal, for free unaffected by heal-debuffs. Big cooldown on this one.
2.) Rune of Sundering to knock dps away from you.
3.) Grimnir's Shield for when the melee/assist train is coming. Champs Challenged and lots of dps coming? Use this and spam Rune of Restoration and hope your tank saves you with guard :D
4.) Focused Mind is an amazing tool for Runepreists, 1.5S cast AoE heal, 1s cast rune of restoration, can't be slowed or silence, use this when you need the power healing, or when you need to kite can keep your hp up.

T4 build - http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=rp; ... 862:3863:0:
Basically combines both of the trees.
If you can get good with this class, you'll become as hard to kill as a WP, while outputting arguably better healing.

Edit: Try out different Renowns, I've tried Healing Crit, Dodge/Disrupt, Reduced chance to be crit(0% with initiative buff), Always finish with wounds imo

Scrilian

Post#3 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:00 am

Is it me or the regenerative shielding tooltip does not say 10% anti-armourpen ingame?
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

rmpl

Post#4 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:02 am

Scrilian wrote:Is it me or the regenerative shielding tooltip does not say 10% anti-armourpen ingame?
Not sure but it says so on the buff tooltip when you hover over it.

Scrilian

Post#5 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:30 am

rmpl wrote:
Scrilian wrote:Is it me or the regenerative shielding tooltip does not say 10% anti-armourpen ingame?
Not sure but it says so on the buff tooltip when you hover over it.
Pretty sure it only stated armour when we got RP with us a few days back, but would check again today. ;)
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Foxbeep

Post#6 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Thanks for the advice, went with the first build, almost to the stagger. I can't believe I neglected Regenerative Shielding, that tactic is wonderful I see a lot more survivability out of my squishy dps classes when I toss HoTs.

Still get the same bulk healing done, just seems I'm more efficient at it.

Any other build suggestions/ideas? I really like the HoT playstyle, does the middle tree really lack effectiveness?

lilsabin

Post#7 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Foxbeep wrote:Thanks for the advice, went with the first build, almost to the stagger. I can't believe I neglected Regenerative Shielding, that tactic is wonderful I see a lot more survivability out of my squishy dps classes when I toss HoTs.

Still get the same bulk healing done, just seems I'm more efficient at it.

Any other build suggestions/ideas? I really like the HoT playstyle, does the middle tree really lack effectiveness?

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=rp; ... 8:;0:0:0:0:

this is how i am rolling and i excel at heling right now pretty good , u ll rarely die if u in ma group :)