Recent Topics

Ads

[Disciple of Khaine] Help

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
gremiaco

[Disciple of Khaine] Help

Post#1 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:31 pm

Recently i posted a topic about what healer is more demanded an useful in destro, and most of the answer were DoK.

I created one, but i don´t know how to play with it. Can anybody help me?

In scenarios, SE descent very quickly and i can´t heal as much as i would, so i try to attack to increase it but i die fast.
So, how can i heal in scenarios and rvr? should i focus on defend healer, or heal dps and tanks? How can i play to maximize the total amount of heal?

Thanks¡¡

Ads
ursvamp

Re: [Disciple of Khaine] Help

Post#2 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:59 pm

It depends on the level you're friend
you need to wait level 20+ to become a great healer as a dok.
you need kayne embrace aoe party heal (lv20)
khayne vigor (its a healing over time for entire party too), soul shielding(party shield) in dark rites path at lv 26+.
you will have party clease at higher level
dont worry. you need level and some gear to sustain heal with DoK, try find leveling parties for power level. and
premades normally use 2 healers per party, if you cant let you mates dont die its not your problem at all, its hard deal being the only one healer

Minerva

Post#3 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:17 pm

Gremacio, you might not know this, but SE regeneration depends on your off-hand, the chalice.
The more rare the chalice is, the bigger the regen amount: Green item <Blue < Purple etc.
So, if you don't have a chalice equipped, and you have dual swords instead, then you regeneration is 0.
DoK becomes good since level 8 (AP heal :P), and after lvl 20 it reaches its full potentail.
Hope that helps ;)
"Behind every successful Man there is a Woman
Healing his a** from the backlines." - Paulo Coelho

Minevra AM -- Minervae RP -- Minervas WL
Some Secret Destro Toons
Tyriss WH -- rr90 -- Karak-Norn RIP

Lileldys

Post#4 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:44 am

The skill "Restore Essence" is really Soul Essense hungry costing 55SE. Best to not use this skill as much once you get the skill "Khaine's Invigoration". Use "Soul Infusion" just before the fight on the melee and keep them up with Khaine's Invigoration and Restore Essense during the fight.

Soul Essense management is key to playing this class. There is no need to attack for soul essence. Chalices give soul essense per second, and are key to healing DoK. You'll want to get a green tier chalice from the PvP warcamp to start off with. This produces 4 Soul Essence per second.
Work on getting the Scenario Blue chalice, this'll give 6 per second.
When you hit t2 ORvR work on getting the Empire/Chaos influence as it rewards a purple chalice which you'll use all the way to R32. The purple chalice gives 8 essence per second.
Always keep the quality (i.e Blue, Purple) as high as possible on your chalice. Generally disregard stats as soul essence per second is more important.

The skill "Blood Offering" is a channel which drains you AP, but gives you Soul Essence. Use this when you're low on Soul Essense, or if there isn't much damage coming in to push you closer to maximum.

At rank 12, you'll get a skill called "Essence Lash" which is an AoE which gives you Soul Essence for each enemy you hit.
Remember to use your Detaunt "Terrifying Vision" on the enemy damage dealer who you think is going to hurt you the most.

gremiaco

Post#5 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:52 pm

Thanks to all!!!

I will follow your advice. I'll focus on leveling as quickly as i can, and reached lv8 to get Khaine invigoration. At that level, i'll enjoy as healer :)

vove

Post#6 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:04 pm

Minerva wrote:if you don't have a chalice equipped, and you have dual swords instead, then you regeneration is 0.
You sure about that? Even out of combat? Because my DoK is level 5 and restores SE passively when wielding dual blades.

And one question related with the topic: what's the stat priorization for DoK? Willpower>toughness>wounds? I read strength is better than willpower, does it stack with the heals somehow?

Minerva

Post#7 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:09 pm

vove wrote:
Minerva wrote:if you don't have a chalice equipped, and you have dual swords instead, then you regeneration is 0.
You sure about that? Even out of combat? Because my DoK is level 5 and restores SE passively when wielding dual blades.

And one question related with the topic: what's the stat priorization for DoK? Willpower>toughness>wounds? I read strength is better than willpower, does it stack with the heals somehow?

Uhhh, everything regens out of combat :)
As for stat prioritisation it depends on your level. But don't put willpower in ur tali slots, use armor instead.
Strenght only maximises healing you get from attacks - the more dmg you deal the more heal you get back.

Some Secret Destro Toons

vove

Post#8 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:15 pm

Minerva wrote:As for stat prioritisation it depends on your level. But don't put willpower in ur tali slots, use armor instead.
Strenght only maximises healing you get from attacks - the more dmg you deal the more heal you get back.
Ok, thank you. So it's generally better to look for equipment that would be interesting for melee dps rather then items with willpower? As for armor stat isn't there same problem as for rest of the healers? What I mean is the armor debuff, wouldn't it be better to stack toughness and get armor pots?

Ads
Minerva

Post#9 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:32 pm

vove wrote:
Minerva wrote:As for stat prioritisation it depends on your level. But don't put willpower in ur tali slots, use armor instead.
Ok, thank you. So it's generally better to look for equipment that would be interesting for melee dps rather then items with willpower? As for armor stat isn't there same problem as for rest of the healers? What I mean is the armor debuff, wouldn't it be better to stack toughness and get armor pots?
Do you want to be a heal spec or dps spec?
I mean as a heal you build willpower of course, just don't use the talisman slots becuse you need them for defensive stats ;)
Both toughness and armor talismans are viable, I tried both, and (to my suprise) I found armor talies work better for me.

I think for DPS DoK you stack strenght talies, but u'd have to ask someone who actually knows how to play one :D
I don't feel qualified to give any advice on that.

Some Secret Destro Toons