Hotfix 17th March

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
StormX2
Game Master

Re: Hotfix 17th March

Post#41 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:36 pm

Ghostweed wrote:
StormX2 wrote:- Guard no longer stacks with detaunts.

what does this actually mean?
http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... =8&t=12272

verrrrry interesting indeeeed

thANKS

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#42 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:12 pm

I see what you'tr trying to do with guard + detaunt and I agree with it.
But as Tesq says. Detaunt is a ougoin dmg reduction debuff while guard is a incomming dmg reduction buff. They never stacked in the first place as and this creates some inconsequent confusion.
It would be nice to know what abillties/tactics/morales works together wich are supose to work together and wich don't coz at this poont it's massivly inconsostant.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#43 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:29 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I see what you'tr trying to do with guard + detaunt and I agree with it.
But as Tesq says. Detaunt is a ougoin dmg reduction debuff while guard is a incomming dmg reduction buff. They never stacked in the first place as and this creates some inconsequent confusion.
It would be nice to know what abillties/tactics/morales works together wich are supose to work together and wich don't coz at this poont it's massivly inconsostant.
as said it didnt stack in ror either, it was a bug introduced with the patch before the last one and got fixed now.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Valfaros

Post#44 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:28 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I see what you'tr trying to do with guard + detaunt and I agree with it.
Yep pretty inconsistent how they did it on live some things stack while others don't because of reasons. So rightnow Guard+Detaunt don't stack while (atleast what I think) Guard+Challange stack and I really don't see the difference. Both skills are technically the same one is outgoing while the other is incoming dmg.
I think mythic just messed up how they want to stack skills. Atleast in the beginning they had it consinstent where guard and detaunt stacked which was obviously nonsense because people then only got 1 dmg....

Not saying guard+detaunt should stack but it would really be nice to have a article where all the (wanted) mechanics of the game are listed. It would help to report mistakes and it would prevent misleading (wrong) bugtickets.
Will be some work to write that article correct and in detail but I think in the long term it will make things easier.

+One question to Guard+Challenge does it stack additive or multiplicative and before the hotfix I think several challenges stacked also is this still the case or did you fixed that too?

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#45 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:47 pm

Valfaros wrote:+One question to Guard+Challenge does it stack additive or multiplicative and before the hotfix I think several challenges stacked also is this still the case or did you fixed that too?
All damage reductions that stack, stack multiplicatively. Multiple challenges should not stack.

roadkillrobin

Post#46 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:55 pm

Well i can find some consistancy sometimes.
Like how how non active effects stacks with active effects, Then we look at SM/BO stats steal wich ofc doesn't stack with other stat debuffs and buffs. While Heavens Blade stacks with Wrath of Hoeth.
Then we have something like Dirty Tricks that stacks with Ancestor's Fury. DT is a non active buff while AF is a active. Then we look at Crippling Strikes wich is a non active debuff but it doesn't stack with Challange. Guard + Detaunt is the moast confusing one to me. One is a debuff the other one is a buff. This is if like a STR buff and a Toughness debuff wouldn't stack in my mind.

Gobtar

Post#47 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:51 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
Valfaros wrote:+One question to Guard+Challenge does it stack additive or multiplicative and before the hotfix I think several challenges stacked also is this still the case or did you fixed that too?
All damage reductions that stack, stack multiplicatively. Multiple challenges should not stack.
Agreed: Challenges should not stack with each other.