Recent Topics

Ads

Pug Only Scenario

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
CaseyJones
Banned

Re: Pug Only Scenario

Post#61 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:50 pm

You missed the point. You suggest enforcing a certain playstyle to people who don't want to do that — you don't seem to accept the fact that this game has something to offer outside of premade groups. It's just not fun for everyone and understanding that appears to be a problem for quite a few of us.

Following that logic would mean that everyone will eventually end up being a premade which is wrong — the majority of players will keep playing with random groups anyway and there's no way (and no need) to change that.

Ads
Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#62 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:52 pm

CaseyJones wrote:You missed the point. You suggest enforcing a certain playstyle to people who don't want to do that — you don't seem to accept the fact that this game has something to offer outside of premade groups. It's just not fun for everyone and understanding that appears to be a problem for quite a few of us.

Following that logic would mean that everyone will eventually end up being a premade which is wrong — the majority of players will keep playing with random groups anyway and there's no way (and no need) to change that.

and what permits them to do so right now?
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Tesq

Post#63 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:56 pm

@tiggo

never said that implementation is not usefull but in the first place if premades had same timezone that would not be an issue as it is atm, cos both side would have an equal ammount of stomp and winning.
I think as i said that it's more prevalent the chance that 1 premade got really no opposition which is why i think a pug only queue at rotation after some kind of condition should happpen automatically.
If server make it happen is just like have a rankign system more than separate queues.
Maybe sc will take 1 time yes and 1 time no 7 min to pop but ehi no one said pop should be istant or it won't be called like that; sc pop is indeed really fast when ppl are logged.

Telen
Suspended

Post#64 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:58 pm

To those that say that everyone should start a 6 man. I have 5 people on my friends list from the old game. I dont play often and usually 1 will be on when I do. The days of playing 8 hours a night on comms having to plan ahead to sign upto guild events the week before ended for me when I left uni. I think that the majority are in the same position as me. This is an old game now and the playerbase aint mostly teenagers anymore. It will be more casual as that just how life makes it.
Last edited by Telen on Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#65 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:58 pm

Tesq wrote:@tiggo

never said that implementation is not usefull but in the first place if premades had same timezone that would not be an issue as it is atm, cos both side would have an equal ammount of stomp and winning.
I think as i said that it's more prevalent the chance that 1 premade got really no opposition which is why i think a pug only queue at rotation after some kind of condition should happpen automatically.
If server make it happen is just like have a rankign system more than separate queues.
Maybe sc will take 1 time yes and 1 time no 7 min to pop but ehi no one said pop should be istant or it won't be called like that; sc pop is indeed really fast when ppl are logged.

again: if pugs only want to play pugs, just queue caledor woods only. if another 5 people and 6 on other side queue it, it will pop. same goes for premades. but its a much healthier system to incentives groups AND solos to queue for every sc but with the chance that caledor woods pop for them when enough people are in the system.
- Smooshie (Destro)

Scrilian

Post#66 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:02 pm

CaseyJones wrote:You missed the point. You suggest enforcing a certain playstyle to people who don't want to do that — you don't seem to accept the fact that this game has something to offer outside of premade groups. It's just not fun for everyone and understanding that appears to be a problem for quite a few of us.

I enforce nothing that is new or not true to the state of game as it is now. Pug-only things is acceptance of everything wrong with soloQ, aka being anti-social lonely rager at the MM system, and has no place in this game, that always prided itself on strong server communities.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

CaseyJones
Banned

Post#67 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:02 pm

Telen wrote:To those that say that everyone should start a 6 man. I have 5 people on my friends list from the old game. I dont play often and usually 1 will be on when I do. The days of playing 8 hours a night on comms having to plan ahead to sign upto guild events the week before ended for me when I left uni. I think that the majority are in the same position as me. This is an old game now and the playerbase aint mostly teenagers anymore. It will be more casual as that just how life makes it.
Telen definitely has a point here, I'm in a similar situation. Problem is that there's also a lot of people who can still sit on vent for 8 hours a night who would say that it's our problem we don't feel like doing the same.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#68 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:05 pm

CaseyJones wrote:
Telen wrote:To those that say that everyone should start a 6 man. I have 5 people on my friends list from the old game. I dont play often and usually 1 will be on when I do. The days of playing 8 hours a night on comms having to plan ahead to sign upto guild events the week before ended for me when I left uni. I think that the majority are in the same position as me. This is an old game now and the playerbase aint mostly teenagers anymore. It will be more casual as that just how life makes it.
Telen definitely has a point here, I'm in a similar situation. Problem is that there's also a lot of people who can still sit on vent for 8 hours a night who would say that it's our problem we don't feel like doing the same.

so how about you and telen form a group?

if there are so many working people with not much time, why dont those group up?
- Smooshie (Destro)

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#69 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:14 pm

They do group up. They queue for sc's and join open wb's. Everyone knows what a pita it was to try and form a pug group for sc's even on live. forget ever getting a tank and someone is bound to ragequit at the first death.

CaseyJones
Banned

Post#70 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:33 pm

Pretty much. LFG channel premades aren't much different from pugs in the first place and they also get beaten by pugs which ends in a disband anyway. So if it's done properly it ends up in 8 hours of sitting on vent because making it all work takes an awful lot of time. Not an option for most.

'why don't you form a group' is always seems to be the answer. Which part of 'I don't want to' is so hard to understand? There's always an excuse to get into a group.

Personally I'm not asking for easy wins, I just want to have a chance and don't want to be spawn camped during all 3-5 scens I can usually afford playing daily.

----

I'm actually waiting for T4 for a single reason — everyone mad about farming randoms will move there and T3 will probably be playable without a group again. I have some fond memories of later version of T3 on live servers when they changed how it works. At later ranks you had an access to most of your skills and some decent gear like conq sets.