Recent Topics

Ads

WL no pet - solo build

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
gungnir08

Re: WL no pet - solo build

Post#11 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:56 pm

Have you actually tested/seen this firsthand? If so, it's a bug.

Genisaurus posted a video a while back, when the modified and new sets for T4 were introduced prior to the update, and he said that these bonuses were now meant to actually spec a mastery point into the relevant tree.

See it here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13353
Topoheals R40/RR4x AM, Mashing Buttons R40/RR4x WP, Spamming Heals R3x/RR3x RP

Topocurse R40/RR83 Chosen, Topoblades R40/RR7x WE, Toposkull R40/RR6x Zealot <Ere We Go>

Ads
Smallergriff

Post#12 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:13 am

I have tested it. There is also a bug thread on the topic ([url]ithttps://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/6379[/url]), though I assumed that the changes you referenced were not implemented yet.

gungnir08

Post#13 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:27 am

Alright, so it's not currently possible. That's a bit of a drag, but they'll fix it eventually.

Topocurse R40/RR83 Chosen, Topoblades R40/RR7x WE, Toposkull R40/RR6x Zealot <Ere We Go>

Smallergriff

Post#14 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:36 am

Well, now it's a race to see which will get fixed first: Pet Behavior or Set Bonuses. What a mysterious game.

gungnir08

Post#15 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:53 pm

I don't see pets being fixed anytime soon, if at all. I mained WL back in 2008 when the game came out, and I ditched the pet as soon as I could. Sure, the lack of CC and slightly impaired burst hurt a bit, but not having so much of your damage and utility tied to an inherently unreliable, poorly implemented pet is arguably more important.

Sure, I dusted off the lion for such shenanigans as abusing the broken Leonine Frenzy on live way back when, but aside from that, I basically slotted Loner and never looked back. I think the WL is stronger (definitely more consistent, anyway) without the pet, but that's just my opinion.

Smallergriff

Post#16 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:51 am

Good news: the 5/5 Merc bonus was fixed! Now you can have your healing debuff (which I can't say has impressed me yet) AND your 50% AA tactic

gungnir08

Post#17 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:53 am

Well, it's certainly no incoming heal debuff, that's for sure. Still, it allows you to put a lot of pressure on enemy DoKs, and they can't consistently do anything about it.

It's probably best to just drop it on a DoK and kill something else. Even with impaired healing, lots of them run tanky enough that you wouldn't be able to kill them anyway.

Smallergriff

Post#18 » Thu May 26, 2016 7:17 am

It just feels rough to bring down any healer without that silence. Haven't bothered trying in awhile since the Lion is technically a 25% damage liability if it doesn't function on its basic level.

I'll have to try that suggestion next time I get the courage to queue up.

Ads
gungnir08

Post#19 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 am

You're certainly a more skilled player than I am if you were adept at using the WL's CC to take down opponents.

When I mained WL all those years ago, I had a lot of trouble getting anything tied to the pet to activate when I'd want it to. Usually, I'd encounter some lag between activating Throat Bite or Brutal Pounce and the pet actually carrying them out, and said lag was more often than not the difference between succeeding or failing to kill a competent healer. And I get that preloading TB, BP, and Leonine Frenzy is a thing, but doing so requires you to be able to consistently predict whether or not using those abilities is necessary in the first place, and I was always bad at that.

If you're able to get enough mileage out of the WL's CC, you're probably better off running a spec that uses the pet. In fact, you could use the spec that we worked on in this thread, but just slot Pack Synergy instead of Loner, since TB is a non-mastery ability.

Faef

Post#20 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:15 pm

Before I had the full merc bonus i was having a play with slotting Blindsided (10 sec disorient), it felt like this made a difference on healers, as much as the heal debuff has anyway. At some point ill be giving both these a whirl unless my wonderful partner in crime Marsares fancies slotting it before he gets full merc :)

Incidentally I dropped both Primal fury and flanking for these and I thought I would miss those alot more than I have so far, im not convinced how effective these two are at the moment when considering server latency, even though im regularly at back or sides of a target.